Travel agency TUI receives more criticism after Norwegian family was isolated in Thailand

webfact

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, the Thai Government have spent the last months singing from the rooftops about how they were reopening, had measures in place in the various "sandboxes" to allow safe holidays.

This family, naively maybe, foolishly perhaps even, believed them, passed all the checks to be allowed to fly, and came.

Remember they are from a society where government advice can usually be trusted, and officialdom are unlikely to be part of a scam. They don't live here, maybe have never visited before, so they believed what they were told.

They believe  they are above  the law

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Most people with COVID have no symptoms at all, or a slight cough.

Why would you want to be in hospital for a slight cough?

Many people go on to develop  worse symptons that is why hospitals are used! People need to be observed and assessed when they are infected with Covid-19.

If they are infected with Covid-19 they need to be isolated to prevent  them further spreading the illness. They are lucky to be getting top class care

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

So you say......

Of course I say. I wrote it, so I said it. Some reason you need to state the obvious?
Apparently you can't take advice to go back and read more closely or if you have half an ounce of discernment, you would have seen that you are dead wrong in your presumption, although you may be too prideful to admit it....

Just now, Sig said:

Of course I say. I wrote it, so I said it. Some reason you need to state the obvious?
Apparently you can't take advice to go back and read more closely or if you have half an ounce of discernment, you would have seen that you are dead wrong in your presumption, although you may be too prideful to admit it....

No, I just choose not to take your advice. You are on ignore, troll someone else. 

Anyone traveling to Thailand in these times for a holiday is taking a huge risk that is just not worth the cost and disruption to holiday plans if found positive.

Yesterday alone 22 arrivals on the "Phuket Sandbox" tested positive and 16 from "Test and Go". Hospitals are certainly making a tidy profit on this.

There is one unfortunate lady who tested positive on arrival but her family did not, problem being she is breast feeding her baby and is now in the position that they may be separated. She is currently asking for advice from the "ThailandPass, Visas & Sandbox" facebook page.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sig said:

Seriously? "What is the alternative?" I've known dozens of people who had COVID. Not a single person I know has ever quarantined in a hospital! And I've known 10 or so who quarantined at hotels. It is not unusual in various countries and appears to be reasonable for them to assume they would have been able to quarantine at their hotel. Of course it would have been better to ask specifically, but the average person seems to assume that the travel company will fill them in on information like this that could bring such a drastic change. The odds of them needing hospitalization are so small, it's a joke to need to quarantine in a hospital. Insurance scam all the way.

Thais are quarantined routinely  and it has nothing to do with insurance scam. You suggested  hotels but if they were quarantined in a hotel you would say that was a scam too. With Thai bashers like you the Thai authorities  can't win whatever they do. Who would have policed their hotel  quarantine? Hotels are not hospitals and  their presence would endanger other people which is not fair. The Thai authorities don't  want the death  toll  of the USA and UK and are to be commended  for their actions.  The UK and USA have lost control  of their borders

• Like 2

This is risks involved travelling to Thailand hope the insurance will cover the isolation costs for the whole family and not just the child. No mention in this report of Farang being infected by a Thai which looks like what has happened. In these circumstances all isolation costs should be paid by TAT. The publicity will surely deter others from holidaying in Thailand as this is likely to happen more and more now that Omicron is present in Thailand and likely to spread really fast as every one is likely to be infected until herd immunity attained.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

100-200bht usually sorts it out.

If not I have to bother my BiL (police Captain), who will 'disappear' the problem.

Unfortunately  your trite response and 'your corrupt police officer' does not address the issue. If it did prisons here would be empty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Thais go in state quarantine too.

Up North, have seen a break-through case of a triple vaccinated guy who was required to stay at home.
He stayed a-sympthomatic, and after two weeks and a few tests was relieved of the obligation to stay isolated.
Family was staying in other place during those two weeks.

It seems the strain on the health system got too large to require all infected to stay in Hospital.
Therefore the rather rational and reasonable approach of home isolation was chosen.
Inconvenient, but understandable and thus adhered to.

1 minute ago, Dialemco said:

This is risks involved travelling to Thailand hope the insurance will cover the isolation costs for the whole family and not just the child. No mention in this report of Farang being infected by a Thai which looks like what has happened. In these circumstances all isolation costs should be paid by TAT. The publicity will surely deter others from holidaying in Thailand as this is likely to happen more and more now that Omicron is present in Thailand and likely to spread really fast as every one is likely to be infected until herd immunity attained.

Out of all the mixed messages I get from your contribution it seems clear that like so many people on this forum you resent Thailand  and Thai  people. You want tourism  to fail. You seek to see  Thailand  punished..Lol

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Isolation doesn't need to be in a hospital..Other possibilities are as good. If you are very sick you go to hospital. If cut your finger you don't need to stay in the hospital too

Surely you are not equating a cut finger to being infected with a virus that has so far killed in excess of 5 million? Thai authorities do not trust people to isolate themselves.... as per the case recently of an Israeli who went on the grand tour when tested positive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Isolation doesn't need to be in a hospital..Other possibilities are as good. If you are very sick you go to hospital. If cut your finger you don't need to stay in the hospital too

Cut fingers are not infectious! Please don't be silly. No. There are no other places as good as a hospital  but there are not enough  beds or hospitals which is THE ONLY reason hotel are used or home isolation is accepted. Its a bad solution to lack of medical services.

2 minutes ago, KKr said:

Up North, have seen a break-through case of a triple vaccinated guy who was required to stay at home.
He stayed a-sympthomatic, and after two weeks and a few tests was relieved of the obligation to stay isolated.
Family was staying in other place during those two weeks.

It seems the strain on the health system got too large to require all infected to stay in Hospital.
Therefore the rather rational and reasonable approach of home isolation was chosen.
Inconvenient, but understandable and thus adhered to.

Home quarantine can be done if the house is big enough, hotels though are a different matter, guest that are quarantined would come in contact with staff that mixes with non infected. Its just not a good idea IMHO. 

Home quarantine can ben ok IF people really stay home. The big problem is that many people will just ignore it. I am all for home quarantine for responsible people too bad they are a minority. 

Also in condo's do you really want people with covid in a condo. Its ok if they really stay in their room but if not in a crowded condo.

Anyway i get that that home quarantine is good for many but its a risk too. 

• Like 1