Chonburi Public Health setting up three major Covid-19 screening points in Pattaya for free Covid-19 rapid testing for restaurants that sell alcohol

webfact

269729728_4648483531895650_8388143468755246149_n-768x576.jpg

PHOTO: BMA Health

By Adam Judd

Pattaya-  The Chonburi Department of Public Health is setting up three major Covid-19 screening points from at least January 2nd-January 5th from 5:00 P.M. to late in Pattaya in busy “restaurant” areas. These will be rapid antigen tests and will be free, nearby business owners can use this for both staff and customer testing to meet the new Chonburi orders.

First, for reference, the new Chonburi orders about Covid-19 testing for staff AND customers of restaurants, especially those that sell alcohol or have crowds.

The screening points, some of which have already been running in prior days, are at the following locations. 

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/02/chonburi-public-health-setting-up-three-major-covid-19-screening-points-in-pattaya-for-free-covid-19-rapid-testing-for-restaurants-that-sell-alcohol/

PattayaNews.jpg

• Haha 1

Yesterday I used the free testing at Treetown.

Was puzzled that the negative result was given after only 5 minutes or so.

Also you don't get a proper piece of paper, anything "official".

Seems you have to take a picture of the test cartridge with your queue number written on, your ID and queue ticket on the picture?

Will that suffice?

I think I will spend the money for a documented rapid test before travelling home.

Edited by KhunBENQ

58 minutes ago, bang saen guy said:

Maybe I missed this. What Happens if you test positive? Truly or falsely.

I assume you are taken to a quarantine hospital with a brief stop at an ATM, Thais can isolate at home I believe

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

Disgusting how they always single out Pattaya, forgetting that we farangs provide for the Issarn economy.

Blame your local governor if you are feeling left out.......:violin:

10 hours ago, bang saen guy said:

Maybe I missed this. What Happens if you test positive? Truly or falsely.

Positive test: your details/ID are registered with photo.

People are obliged to appear at Banglamung hospital next morning.

They are reminded to isolate and sent off free. Think about what you like but this happened at Treetown today.

Banglamung hospital is not a fun place to go.

And what happens after?

I don't know.

18 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

They are reminded to isolate and sent off free. Think about what you like but this happened at Treetown today.

And what happens after?

I don't know.

Nobody is obliged to take one of these tests out on the street. If you buy a test kit you can test yourself in complete privacy at home or where you are staying.

24 minutes ago, champers said:

Nobody is obliged to take one of these tests out on the street. If you buy a test kit you can test yourself in complete privacy at home or where you are staying.

I heard, only heard not witnessed, that last week in Treetown, a police unit was administering the tests around the toilets area and there was  no choice. Can anybody  confirm  or deny?

48 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And what happens after?

I don't know.

We're the tests mandatory  or voluntary?

49 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

And what happens after?

I don't know.

I imagine you will be given a more reliable test for which  you will have to  wait overnight  for the results. Your results will logged into your Mor Prom app. If a positive result then quarantine will be enforced and infected  people will be prevented from infecting other people.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We're the tests mandatory  or voluntary?

Voluntary of course except for staff.

I do test on my own.

Always negative.

Also today but was urged by the family to have some proof of test before going back home.

The village health organization takes things seriously.

Voluntary: well if they really enforce the new rules for entering venues, what's your choice if you want to enter.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Just now, KhunBENQ said:

Voluntary of course except for staff.

I do test on my own.

Also today but was urged by the family to have some proof of test before going back home.

The village health organization takes things seriously.

I was trying to ascertain  if the tests done  in Treetown, in Soi Buakhao were voluntary  or not.

5 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I was trying to ascertain  if the tests done  in Treetown, in Soi Buakhao were voluntary  or not.

?

Nobody forces you to take it. Wasn't that clear?

I can not yet tell about the enforcement of test for entering certain venues.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

?

Nobody forces you to take it. Wasn't that clear?

I can not yet tell about the enforcement of test for entering certain venues.

I am seeking clarification,  politely, I hope, because I heard last week  that the  testing of foreigners in Treetown ' in the toilet' area was enforced and was seeking confirmation  from people who  were there in Treetown  last week. Your reference  to 'Village' leads me to  understand you were not actually at the  Treetown  incident I'm referring  to. However if you were in Treetown last week and were witness to the DOPA action....that was not clear to me

At least one place had been raided before I came there and that was "Beach Club".

They required vaccination cert or test as the only place I noticed. Led to a near shutdown. Two handful? of guests.

Just seen one live music location that enforces the test.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, champers said:

True, but I referred to having a positive result (from the voluntary test). And the consequences didn't sound voluntary.

13 hours ago, James105 said:

Now I normally love a freebie,  but this is a hard pass from me.   I have better things to do than get carted off to a 200,000 baht 2 week sentence from a dodgy test.   This should make the smaller bars that do not enforce this busier, which should increase the spread of the virus in Pattaya and hopefully within a few weeks Pattaya will have herd immunity!   Quite a good plan really from the governor who clearly just wants to get this over and done with as fast as possible.

'200,000 baht 2 week sentence'

You are making that up

What would you do if you were positive?

Under  the new system  of required testing suspiciously  busy bars will  be checked by the police and immediately  shut down if they are not conforming to the new protocols...

But with covid  cutting a swathe through Pattaya  bars another possibility  is just insufficient  staff soon..