Kasikorn bank statements for O visa retirement extension of stay......

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

It was a Kasikorn bank FD and it did nto allow additional deposits. I tried many times

Have no doubt of your account.

Seems even banks have their own rules. Here is pic of my Kasikorn a/c and shows 1000baht deposit on day of last extension in Nov.

Obviously won't touch that account until next extension.

For the remaining monies, I have dedicated savings account. Never touch it. 

IMG_20220106_105007_700~2.jpg

Edited by DrJack54

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Which bank? 

I have used 2 different banks for FD account. The minimum deposit is 1000baht and I do that on day of application for extension. 

Exactly the same as K-Bank does when I get my Fixed Deposit account letter and bank book updated.  The bank wants a 1000 baht deposit to show that the account is current even though it is updated with the interest before. So in three years I have added 1k baht each year on the day I do my extension.

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Have no doubt of your account.

Seems even banks have their own rules. Here is pic of my Kasikorn a/c and shows 1000baht deposit on day of last extension in Nov.

Obviously won't touch that account until next extension.

For the remaining monies, I have dedicated savings account. Never touch it. 

IMG_20220106_105007_700~2.jpg

They may have more than one type of Fixed Deposit. The one I had, did not allow for additional deposits.

I may at some point switch to another bank if interest rates rise and an attractive FD product comes on the market. Especially given reduction in government insurance for bank deposits.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:36 AM, DrJack54 said:

So you obtain extensions retirement  at CW using money in bank method. 

Why do you need bank statements when they are not required? 

Correct, money in bank method at CW. I do the bank statements because when I previously sat down to do my extension, armed with just a bank letter and copy of bank book, the immigration officer told me to go and get a statement. I wasn't exactly going to say to her that DrJack54 has been telling us since forever they aren't required?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1