Kasikorn bank statements for O visa retirement extension of stay......

KBank have recently updated their website and it now enables you to download statements for the past 12 months transactions, albeit no more than 6 month at a time. Has anyone yet used these as proof of funds (800/400k) to obtain their retirement extension of stay rather than paying the bank for such a statement as per usual?

7 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

. Has anyone yet used these as proof of funds (800/400k) to obtain their retirement extension of stay rather than paying the bank for such a statement as per usual

Which immigration office wanted statements for money in bank retirement? 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Which immigration office wanted statements for money in bank retirement? 

I understand that they all do now to prove u  keep at least 800k for 3mths, thereafter 400k until 2 months before re-extension when it needs topping up to 800k again. Unless, of course, you keep your bank account book updated to show all transactions for 12 months.

4 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I understand that they all do now to prove u  keep at least 800k for 3mths, thereafter 400k until 2 months before re-extension when it needs topping up to 800k again. Unless, of course, you keep your bank account book updated to show all transactions for 12 months.

If there has been a change then that's something I'm not aware of.

Did my last extension money in bank last November 2.

Did not provide statements and never have. Nor do I update my bank account. It's sits in draw all year with the 800k +.

CW immigration office. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did not provide statements and never have. Nor do I up date my bank account. It's sits in draw all year with the 800k +.

CW immigration office. 

So the min 800/400k in bank financial requirement introduced a couple of years ago is not enforced then? Or perhaps u r lucky in having a very lax imm. office. Im sure there have been many previous posts on threads on here about having to prove the financial rules have been kept.

I have not done my 1st re-extension yet so I dont yet know what my IO's requirement will be. Im just curious if anyone has had downloaded bank statements accepted if signed and/or stamped by bank staff.

Edited by SunsetT
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Did not provide statements and never have. Nor do I update my bank account. It's sits in draw all year with the 800k +.

CW immigration office. 

I definitely recall numerous reports on here over the years of CW insisting on a 100 THB token deposit being made on the day of a retirement extension application, so as to trigger an updated passbook entry even though this resulted in the passbook and confirmation letter balance totals not being identical with each other. Presumably your experience in November means that they no longer require such token deposits to be made?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

So the min 800/400k in bank financial requirement introduced a couple of years ago is not enforced then? Or perhaps u r lucky in having a very lax imm. office. Im sure there have been many previous posts on threads on here about having to prove the financial rules have been kept.

I have not done my 1st re-extension yet so I dont yet know what my IO's requirement will be. Im just curious if anyone has had downloaded bank statements accepted if signed and/or stamped by bank staff.

What you appear to be referring to is the practice which a few rogue offices (most notably Jomtien) have introduced requiring you to return to the office exactly 3 months to the day after your latest retirement extension application with concrete evidence (usually in the form of an updated passbook entry) that your balance hasn't dipped a single satang below the 800k minimum requirement in the meantime.  Retrospective bank statements are not usually required as part of a retirement extension application based on 400k/800k in the bank unless you have failed to keep your passbook up to date (or are the victim of the overprinting of relevant previous transactions in your passbook).

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Presumably your experience in November means that they no longer require such token deposits to be made?

This is my procedure.

Go to CW to do annual retirement extension. 

1. Grab queue #

2. Downstairs to bank.

Ask for 'bank letter'. Also give clerk 100baht to make small deposit.

This shows activity and update.

Ask her to please photocopy this last page that will be same balance as my letter. Obviously deposit done first followed by letter. 

100baht for deposit and 100baht for letter.

Obviously I have the other required bank book pages photocopies in my docs to put with last page..

That's it no statements.

Of course those using income method need bank statements.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This is my procedure.

Go to CW to do annual retirement extension. 

1. Grab queue #

2. Downstairs to bank.

Ask for 'bank letter'. Also give clerk 100baht to make small deposit.

This shows activity and update.

Ask her to please photocopy this last page that will be same balance as my letter. Obviously deposit done first followed by letter. 

100baht for deposit and 100baht for letter.

Obviously I have the other required bank book pages photocopies in my docs to put with last page..

That's it no statements.

Of course those using income method need bank statements.

And that works fine and dandy at your local immigration office, change province and you may find things very different.

But you don't seam to understand that.

Amazing Falang in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

Pages showing transactions for the year?

Some years I don't have any transactions. 

In the same way as using an FD account.

I actually use 2 accounts same Kasikorn bank. One is FD a/c with 6k+ and the other is savings account 3k+.

The bank records details of both accounts. Still only 100baht for letter.

12 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

And that works fine and dandy at your local immigration office, change province and you may find things very different.

But you don't seam to understand that.

Amazing Falang in Thailand.

Back up.

In just about every post I make I always mention "depends on your immigration office and sometimes immigration officer. 

My account is for CW. Read my first post in this thread......

"Which immigration office wanted statements for money in bank retirement? "

Edited by DrJack54

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some years I don't have any transactions. 

In the same way as using an FD account.

I actually use 2 accounts same Kasikorn bank. One is FD a/c with 6k+ and the other is savings account 3k+.

The bank records details of both accounts. Still only 100baht for letter.

I suspect that you provide copies of the bbook pages that prove your balance did not dip below 800k. That is why you are not asked to provide statements. If you did not provide those pages you would need to provide statements like everyone else.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Back up.

In just about every post I make I always mention "depends on your immigration office and sometimes immigration officer. 

My account is for CW. Read my first post in this thread......

"Which immigration office wanted statements for money in bank retirement? "

Mate the op never mentioned what office.

This is just you going on about Cw.

And trying to make it mater of fact for everyone.

and it's not. ( have the rules changed ) that was your words.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I suspect that you provide copies of the bbook pages that prove your balance did not dip below 800k. That is why you are not asked to provide statements. If you did not provide those pages you would need to provide statements like everyone else.

First up...of course I provide pages that cover pages from last extension up to current application. Why would someone not provide copies of bank book pages along with bank book.

Added note: Sometimes people provide what I call "extras" be that for banking requirements to anything else. 

Sometimes the io accepts what is included. Next thing is that it's related as a requirement. 

I don't doubt some immigration offices require Statements. 

In similar way to Jomtien requiring folk to come back after 3 months to show bank balance.

Apart from that I suggest people have a separate bank account for day to day banking.

If many transactions are made per month they will be consolidated. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Mate the op never mentioned what office.

This is just you going on about Cw.

And trying to make it mater of fact for everyone.

and it's not. ( have the rules changed ) that was your words.

Whatever......until last year or two, I have hardly ever read reports of statements being required for extensions based on using money in bank method. It was simply bank Book pages photocopies..

As for asking the OP which immigration office he was using is to find out which offices require this. 

My statement "have to rules changed" was to cover the fact I might be I'll informed and not aware of changes. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I tried it the first year I applied for extension, I thought I was saving some money by printing my own.

I was sent back to the bank for the stamped and authorized copy.

Yes, I thought that might be the outcome.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would someone not provide copies of bank book pages along with bank book.

If they provide statement(s) for the year instead.

If they dont update their bank book regularly (weekly required by KBank), the pages will not show the transactions which might have taken the balance below 800/400k. So no point in providing copies of them.

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Whatever......until last year or two, I have hardly ever read reports of statements being required for extensions based on using money in bank method. It was simply bank Book pages photocopies..

As for asking the OP which immigration office he was using is to find out which offices require this. 

My statement "have to rules changed" was to cover the fact I might be I'll informed and not aware of changes. 

Ok, just for a heads up for others then.

( Nongkai ) asked for

statement 12 months  (all was on one bit of paper ) was a fixed deposit account.

photo copy pages of bank book,

updated pass book with transaction that day.

This was 800.000 in bank method.

Also photos of where i lived.

Also hand drawn map.

the rest the same as other offices.

They were very friendly staff.

My 90 day report was reset to that day of that extension.

( was only about 4 days different )

so may not be a regular thing to reset 90 day at extension time.

This was first extension at this office, i had changed province last year.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SunsetT said:

If they dont update their bank book regularly (weekly required by KBank), the pages will not show the transactions which might have taken the balance below 800/400k. So no point in providing copies of them.

Your making stuff up.

I along with many others use a dedicated bank account for extensions. Basically leave it in top draw and take it to immigration on extension day. 

Never had an issue and never obtained bank statements.

If your immigration office requires extra by way of statements then great. State your office so folk will know the requirements at that office. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orinoco said:

Ok, just for a heads up for others then.

( Nongkai ) asked for

statement 12 months  (all was on one bit of paper ) was a fixed deposit account.

photo copy pages of bank book,

updated pass book with transaction that day.

So Nong Kai require bank statement for FD account.

Will add them to my stupid immigration office list.

I assume the deposit into your FD account was minimum 1000 baht.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So Nong Kai require bank statement for FD account.

Will add them to my stupid immigration office list.

I assume the deposit into your FD account was minimum 1000 baht.

Yes

and no amount was stated but did 100 baht.

The joys of it all, LOL

Ps i got to say the staff were very nice and friendly.

but a lot of paper work !!!!!!

i did edit my last post, about photos and map .

Edited by Orinoco

2 minutes ago, OJAS said:

@DrJack54 - 2 more good reasons for Nong Kai to be added to your "stupid office" list, I think!

It's a daily thing reading how the immigration offices differ.

Seriously I hate knocking Thailand.

Love living here....

But (always a but) ..you would think that universal rules clearly stated and followed by every immigration office would be easy.

Sadly it's not.