Only 1 copy of docs for extension renewal, how long has that been a thing?

9 hours ago, youngster30uk said:

Did my extension renewal today armed with 2 sets of all the docs, immigration handed me back one set and told me they only need 1 set now.  When did that start?

From all the replies above, it appears to be a new rule which is great, less trees to cut down, less ink from the printer and electricity....LOL.

Question, do you know if this will be for all extensions as I am about to get my docs in order for a marriage extension at the end of this month and I would love to only print off one copy.

Might get the Mrs to give them a call.

I seem to recall an announcement by the Government recently that paper copies of ID cards and other documents for Thais wouldn’t be needed in the future.

My local I migration Office now only require the passport for ninety day reporting, no forms.

The last two occasions we have renewed our daughter’s Thai passport all original documents were scanned.

Progress at last.

• Thanks 1

The local Chiang Mai immigration has alway wanted just one copy of everything. I should say for the last eight years, they have. But then we all know that sometimes it depends on what city you live in. They don't always have the same rules. 

11 hours ago, TheBrewer said:

Nong Khai changed this too.

Got a new list what to provide for extension in november last year - only one copy.

btw.: they now demand a handmade location map of house, no google maps printout anymore

Trace a printed out Google map

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Noobie said:

The local Chiang Mai immigration has alway wanted just one copy of everything. I should say for the last eight years, they have. But then we all know that sometimes it depends on what city you live in. They don't always have the same rules. 

If the Immigration Offfice where the application is made (e.g. Mae Sot) has to forward a copy to another office (Chiang Mai in such case) two copies were required.  Situation nearly 12 months ago.
When I enquired with Immigration yesterday as to whether there had been any change in documents required since last January, the answer was "No."

Several years ago, Mae Sot Immigration required THREE copies !

On 1/5/2022 at 7:33 AM, TheBrewer said:

Nong Khai changed this too.

Got a new list what to provide for extension in november last year - only one copy.

btw.: they now demand a handmade location map of house, no google maps printout anymore

Lopburi office has asked for only one set of documents for a few years now ,I was told the two sets are for one to Bangkok ,and one set for your local  office

As for map, I have only ever used a handmade one ,only takes me 10minuest  to do ,with the wife filling in the details in Thai.