Using US credit card with Lazada-Kasikorn issue

thaisail

8 hours ago, Dan747 said:

Not sure what the issue is, but I sent all info on Asean Now website (CC) stating all problems with Lazada to "LAZADA" online Chat with a Thai mailed letter directly to Mr. Dong the CEO of Lazada Thailand/Vietnam. Not sure if any of this will work, but at least I have gotten Lazada's interest. Last Chat was Lazada was sending all my info to their Finance.

????????????

On 1/6/2022 at 9:35 AM, Lee4Life said:

Are you sure it's on Lazada? I have relied on PayPal and also my home bank in America for my nearly fourteen years here, and since coming back two months ago have had to deal with both accounts being locked due to "fraud control" twice. I am no longer able to use PayPal for any online payments unless I use a VPN. The instances I have had were when purchasing via Lazada, but they weren't the ones locking my accounts down.

By changing to a new US credit card, my problem with Lazada is completely resolved. I have made 6 purchases with my Navy Federal Credit Union credit card and all transactions are being processed without any problems. I truly believe that Capital One is at fault which is exactly what Lazada was telling me. There are hundreds of US credit cards. Some just do not function anymore with Lazada. If this is the case just drop the cards that no longer function and get new cards that work!

This thread caught my eye ("Lazada" in particular, given my recent experience), but I haven't read it all.

I just wanted to say that I buy all my stuff on Lazada and AliExpress using a KBank virtual Shopping Card. 

It's not a real card, they just send me the card number, name, CVV, expiry date, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to throw my recent experience in with Lazada. My US credit cards had been working fine for years, but about 2 weeks ago, Lazada completely stopped taking them. I called customer service, and she seemed to know exactly what it was, (talked about already on this thread), and sent me this email:

“Regarding payment issue we would like to inform you that the payment is might failing due to 3DS enrollment of the card. 
Please contact your bank to confirm with the card issuer if the card is enrolled to 3DS. If the card issuer confirmed that the card is enrolled to 3DS, if the bank have upgraded to 3DS 2.0. 
If the card issuer does not support 3DS 1.0 anymore, the card connot be used to make a purchase in Lazada. Please kindly use a different card or another payment method.
If your card still support 3Ds 1.0, may we require additional document as detailed below,
1) The first 6 digits of your credit card number
2) The last 4 digits of your credit card number
3) The screenshot of the page showing that you are unable to pay 
4) Picture of Passport (Credit card owner) or Thai ID card if you are Thai nationality (Credit card owner)
5) Picture of credit card (back & forth) You can hide all information except fisrt 6, last 4 digits and bank name
6) 1-month statement (showing the transaction of your credit card)

Due to security purposes and data security concerns, Lazada will not access your bank details or directly contact your bank on your behalf. 
We assure that you information will only access by the relevant team. 
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. “

So I have been planning to call my credit card companies about it, but just for kicks, I decided to just send Lazada the verification they wanted, assuming my bank still accepted the “old” 3DS 1.0, if any of that is even true. Lazada got back to me in a couple of days, said everything is verified and I can use the card again. I signed out and back in, added the card, and what do you know, it worked! 

Now I’m curious what my bank will say about all of this, and if I have to keep doing this every time I use a new card.  I’m just happy it worked. ????????
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jnak said:

I just wanted to throw my recent experience in with Lazada. My US credit cards had been working fine for years, but about 2 weeks ago, Lazada completely stopped taking them. I called customer service, and she seemed to know exactly what it was, (talked about already on this thread), and sent me this email:

“Regarding payment issue we would like to inform you that the payment is might failing due to 3DS enrollment of the card. 
Please contact your bank to confirm with the card issuer if the card is enrolled to 3DS. If the card issuer confirmed that the card is enrolled to 3DS, if the bank have upgraded to 3DS 2.0. 
If the card issuer does not support 3DS 1.0 anymore, the card connot be used to make a purchase in Lazada. Please kindly use a different card or another payment method.
If your card still support 3Ds 1.0, may we require additional document as detailed below,
1) The first 6 digits of your credit card number
2) The last 4 digits of your credit card number
3) The screenshot of the page showing that you are unable to pay 
4) Picture of Passport (Credit card owner) or Thai ID card if you are Thai nationality (Credit card owner)
5) Picture of credit card (back & forth) You can hide all information except fisrt 6, last 4 digits and bank name
6) 1-month statement (showing the transaction of your credit card)

Due to security purposes and data security concerns, Lazada will not access your bank details or directly contact your bank on your behalf. 
We assure that you information will only access by the relevant team. 
We apologize for any inconvenience caused. “

So I have been planning to call my credit card companies about it, but just for kicks, I decided to just send Lazada the verification they wanted, assuming my bank still accepted the “old” 3DS 1.0, if any of that is even true. Lazada got back to me in a couple of days, said everything is verified and I can use the card again. I signed out and back in, added the card, and what do you know, it worked! 

Now I’m curious what my bank will say about all of this, and if I have to keep doing this every time I use a new card.  I’m just happy it worked. ????????

Keep us informed.  I did the security process too, but haven't tried yet.  I will let you know as well.  I use Chase Bank (JP Morgan Chase), one of the largest banks in the world, and they don't have 3DS 2.0.

16 minutes ago, D M G said:

Keep us informed.  I did the security process too, but haven't tried yet.  I will let you know as well.  I use Chase Bank (JP Morgan Chase), one of the largest banks in the world, and they don't have 3DS 2.0.

My credit card is from chase bank. Interesting. So it shouldn’t have ever stopped taking the credit card in the first place if it’s not 3DS 2.0 right?

And how about Capital One? Does anyone know if they are 3DS 1 or 2.0?

26 minutes ago, jnak said:

My credit card is from chase bank. Interesting. So it shouldn’t have ever stopped taking the credit card in the first place if it’s not 3DS 2.0 right?

I am using a Chase card for Lazada and have not had any issues (last used on 16th).

7 hours ago, jnak said:

I contacted Capital One and could not get a clear answer. I switched over to Navy Federal Credit Union and now have 2 different cards with them. One gives me 3% cash back on restaurants and the other gives me 1.75% cash back on everything. Capitol One is giving me 2% but only until August. I will no longer pay the $59 annual fee so I will drop them after 10 years as a good customer. The quality of the customer service at NFCU is far better than Capital One where you get someone in Manila or Nicaragua on the phone most of the time. 

6 hours ago, D M G said:

I just tried the Chase Bank VISA card today, and it continues to not accept as before even though Lazada wrote me and said the error was fixed.

Change your card to Navy Federal Credit Union. It is working perfect with Lazada. They also moved my billing address from Florida to Thailand which helps along!

27 minutes ago, thaisail said:

Change your card to Navy Federal Credit Union. It is working perfect with Lazada. They also moved my billing address from Florida to Thailand which helps along!

Did the same with Chase 25 years ago, Florida to Thailand, and have had no issues using with Lazada.

11 hours ago, thaisail said:

Which NFCU card is it?  Can you pay in Baht?  If you pay in USD how's the conversion rate? 

On 2/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, D M G said:

I just tried the Chase Bank VISA card today, and it continues to not accept as before even though Lazada wrote me and said the error was fixed.

Lazada responded to my complaint this time by sending into the Vortex again, with the same set of questions and requests that I already provided.

Chase your tail...

On 2/22/2022 at 4:33 PM, D M G said:

So an interesting update. I talked to chase bank today, and they said that they are indeed on the newer security system, 3DS 2.0. Remember that Lazada claimed that if the banks updated to that system, then my credit card wouldn’t work with it. But Lazada got my card working with it! So this is all completely in Lazadas control.  They are apparently accepting and not accepting whoever they want. 
Im currently trying to get Lazada to accept another chase card of mine. There’s no reason they shouldn’t, seeing that they just got my other chase card approved and working. 

1 hour ago, jnak said:

So an interesting update. I talked to chase bank today, and they said that they are indeed on the newer security system, 3DS 2.0. Remember that Lazada claimed that if the banks updated to that system, then my credit card wouldn’t work with it. But Lazada got my card working with it! So this is all completely in Lazadas control.  They are apparently accepting and not accepting whoever they want. 
Im currently trying to get Lazada to accept another chase card of mine. There’s no reason they shouldn’t, seeing that they just got my other chase card approved and working. 

I tried my Chase card 3 days ago after Lazada told me the problem is fixed.  It did not accept.  Same problem.  I contacted their Customer Service.  Same set of questions I got least November.  Then I got an eMail asking for all the documents I provided last November.  I'm in the VORTEX.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, D M G said:

I tried my Chase card 3 days ago after Lazada told me the problem is fixed.  It did not accept.  Same problem.  I contacted their Customer Service.  Same set of questions I got least November.  Then I got an eMail asking for all the documents I provided last November.  I'm in the VORTEX.

Change to Navy Federal Credit Union and have them use your Thai address and Thai phone number for your account. You will get 1.75% cash back if you order the cash rewards Visa card.

On 2/23/2022 at 12:07 AM, thaisail said:

The quality of the customer service at NFCU is far better than Capital One where you get someone in Manila or Nicaragua on the phone most of the time. 

I dropped my last remaining relationship with Cap 1 (credit cards) during the past year, after 20+ years of multiple relationships with them.

I'd explain why, except it would take an hour, and would have me and you pulling out our remaining hair before it was done.

Suffice to say, in recent years, their customer service has gone to ##%%$## (foreign-based mentally retarded morons)!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

On 2/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, jnak said:

I've never heard of this 3DS deal before reading it here in this thread. And I'm pretty sure I've never had any contact or info from any of my U.S. card issuers regarding it...

Re Lazada and their list of demands, did they also want you to name your first born child after their CEO?  (yeesh!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, D M G said:

Without notice or explanation, for the first time since November, My Chase Visa works.  I tried it as a whim and SURPRISE....

On 2/28/2022 at 4:48 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I dropped my last remaining relationship with Cap 1 (credit cards) during the past year, after 20+ years of multiple relationships with them.

I'd explain why, except it would take an hour, and would have me and you pulling out our remaining hair before it was done.

Suffice to say, in recent years, their customer service has gone to ##%%$## (foreign-based mentally retarded morons)!

I will not renew my venture Cap One card when it expires in August. I paid the $59 annual fee last year but never again. The only reason I keep using it is because I still get 2% cash back which is more than my Navy Federal Credit Union who give me 1.75% cash back with no annual fee. Plus the NFCU works with Lazada while the Cap One does not.

5 hours ago, thaisail said:

I will not renew my venture Cap One card when it expires in August. I paid the $59 annual fee last year but never again. The only reason I keep using it is because I still get 2% cash back which is more than my Navy Federal Credit Union who give me 1.75% cash back with no annual fee. Plus the NFCU works with Lazada while the Cap One does not.

still get 2% cash back which is more than my Navy Federal Credit Union who give me 1.75% cash back with no annual fee. 

Does your NFCU CC charge a foreign transaction fee or any other type of fee?

3 hours ago, Jaybott said:

still get 2% cash back which is more than my Navy Federal Credit Union who give me 1.75% cash back with no annual fee. 

Does your NFCU CC charge a foreign transaction fee or any other type of fee?

No foreign transaction fee!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a similar issue where it would not let me add a new International Credit Card but worked it out.

1. Add an item to your basket.

2, Go to checkout to pay.

3. Add / Choose a payment method. 

4. Here you will get an option to add a new credit / debit card.

5. Add your cards information. 

Worked for me. 

• 1 month later...

I could be wrong but from my understanding "Charles Schwab doesn't have an ATM network, so it offers unlimited refunds for ATM fees worldwide, and it doesn't charge foreign transaction fees." I think it's the same if you have a Fidelity account. So doesn't have either of these accounts and pulling money from the ATM reduces some of those cost of converting USD to btah? I don't know too much about the Thai banking system but I assume there aren't any cost to deposit and use bank transfers. I could be wrong. But if there is a cost then you either pay for the convenience of having packages delivered without having to be home or you skip any extra fees but have to be home to receive packages. 

3 minutes ago, tammytam7777 said:

I assume there aren't any cost to deposit and use bank transfers.

There is a 1/4 % fee for foreign deposits into a Thai account in range 200-500 baht normally but there is no fee to pay with bank transfers in local area.  With Shopee I use Ibanking transfer for payment at no extra cost.  For Lazada I use US credit card that has my Thai address and there is a normal fee for use.

@Iopburi3 Then I can assume you might be able to avoid additional fees if you just use a Schwab account to pull money from an ATM and just deposit into a Thai instead of bank to bank transfer. It might just involve physically pulling money at an ATM and going to the physical Thai bank location. I am curious if anyone is familiar with crypto currencies? One advantage of crypto was to be able to send money or value faster and cheaper. Would you able to just connect a crypto exchange to a Thai bank so you can just either buy something like Bitcoin in USD and then just sell and transfer that into a Thai bank. 

3 minutes ago, tammytam7777 said:

@Iopburi3 Then I can assume you might be able to avoid additional fees if you just use a Schwab account to pull money from an ATM and just deposit into a Thai instead of bank to bank transfer. It might just involve physically pulling money at an ATM and going to the physical Thai bank location. I am curious if anyone is familiar with crypto currencies? One advantage of crypto was to be able to send money or value faster and cheaper. Would you able to just connect a crypto exchange to a Thai bank so you can just either buy something like Bitcoin in USD and then just sell and transfer that into a Thai bank. 

Yes you can deposit freely once in baht but crypto is now illegal.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:39 PM, tammytam7777 said:

So doesn't have either of these accounts and pulling money from the ATM reduces some of those cost of converting USD to btah?

Actually, using a true NO fee account like Schwab (no fees from Schwab and reimburses foreign ATM fees) is pretty much the most economical way to move money from the U.S. to Thailand... because you're getting the full VISA or MC network rate and no deductions from it anywhere along the way.

Virtually any wire or other transfer service a person can use to move funds from the U.S. to Thailand through the established banking system is going to have some fees/deductions at various points in the process (wire fees on the U.S. end, receiving fees on the Thai bank end, etc etc).

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue as the orginal poster, USA credits use to work no problem but now, varies from randomly working to not working at all.  Sometimes get the visa OTP code box thats gets smsed to my phone but after that payment fails for sure.  With very vague error messages.  Lazada wants tons of documents, passport, and  statements copies etc.. which doesn't even guarantee they will fix the problem.  Representative are stuck to an automated script instead of having someone fix the real problem.