Self-isolation programs reinstated ahead of Omicron wave

webfact

46a8e7ba5a7b1eb259b11e16a5ab3613_small.jpg

By: Tanakorn Sangiam

BANGKOK (NNT) - Health and local authorities are reinstating the Home Isolation program and the Community Isolation program for mild COVID-19 cases in wake of new clusters.

Deputy Minister of Public Health Satit Pitutacha said health authorities are now expecting new COVID-19 cases to rise in 1-2 weeks after the New Year period.

With the Omicron variant expected to be the dominant strain, his ministry will be prioritizing the Home Isolation and Community Isolation treatment programs for patients with milder symptoms.

Mr. Satit said beds, medicines, and medical equipment are well prepared for the new wave.

Inside the capitol, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is reopening its Community Isolation centers, with separate facilities to shelter children and adults.

The city hall is also communicating with the general public on the safety and efficacy of this self-isolating treatment protocol, which allows hospitals to keep their beds available for serious cases.

The health ministry is pleading with visitors to Thailand to strictly comply with precautionary measures and safety protocols.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, robblok said:

So its quarantine hotel or hospital. In both cases your insurance might not pay if you have no symptoms. But if it happened to me id be really sick at that moment at least that is what i would tell my insurance. 

Probably a heart attack when they show the bill...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The simple option is to offer ATK tests for free nationwide - make them readily accessible in 7-11s etc.

The ask anyone who tests positive and their family to self isolate at home.

Instruct businesses that they cannot cut the wages of anyone self isolating. 

Offer financial support for those without ‘official’ employment to self isolate. 

That ‘should’ help most of the nation, of course, people will cheat and / or slip through the gaps but the game is aggregate control not ‘water tight’ prevention which is impossible. 

-------

Regarding hospitels, they are just a silly idea - people can isolate at home. 

Or, those with serious symptoms should be in hospital. 

The idea of isolating healthy people who test positive in a hospital or hospitel is just silly. 

-------

Agreed - I’m doing regular ATK’s at home (because we’ve been visiting friends etc), but if I test positive on a PCR test before travel etc and I am forced into a Hospitel for isolation I’ll be developing some symptoms (making them up) just to ensure my insurance cannot wiggle out. 

And how long before  you  get home

12 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

I think Phuket is trying to adapt, and make such arrivals isolate at their SHA+ hotel already booked. This is what SHA+ are designed for, after all.

Anyway, it's a bit late, because the horror stories we have been reading about hospitalizations have already made their rounds and many are cancelling or postponing. Interesting article about this on BP this morning.

BP?

6 hours ago, stigar said:

This i guess just for thais.As long as u test positive on arrival ur going straigth to a expencive hospital.

It's for people living in Thailand, it has nothing to do with arrivals...????

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stigar said:

This i guess just for thais.As long as u test positive on arrival ur going straigth to a expencive hospital.

Of course.... money in the bank, unless you have bought a Thai Covid insurance then they might refuse you in the hospital or you have to pay yourselves.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThailandGuy said:

Of course.... money in the bank, unless you have bought a Thai Covid insurance then they might refuse you in the hospital or you have to pay yourselves.

Actually, don't assume that because you bought a Thai issued policy they will cover it directly. Most still require you to pay and claim later, there are noticeable exceptions to that such as AXA.