Pub-like Eateries to Be Closed at Level 4 COVID Alert

snoop1130

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Nope. I haven’t really been out of my condo much in 2022. I am totally innocent of this allegation.

Mostly.

Been a fraction over a week now..... getting cabin fever? Ordering in? 

7 minutes ago, Karma80 said:

It's ironic that the same acceptance of sovereignty isn't afforded to Thailand by westerners. The decision to curb restaurants and alcohol pales by comparison to some of the nonsense and erosion of civil rights that Australia has pulled, seeming applauded by the baying mob.

The only baying mobs I saw on TV appeared to want to let him in. 

19 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Should be same rules for all ....chuck all of them out then... Oz is entitled to make it's own terms. Proof of Vaccination is stated as required. If the airline allowed him to fly, outside the control of Oz government, They should have flown him back out.

Prima donna!

Oz is entitled to make its own terms and its own exemptions and they used their own terms/rules to provide an exemption for him.   They are breaking their own rules by not allowing him in after granting an exemption.  You would have a point if the rule was no unvaccinated person can come in without exception, but that is not the rule, so you do not have a point.   

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The only baying mobs I saw on TV appeared to want to let him in. 

The reference was more to the mob culture which has prevailed in Australia in these covid times. But, it will certainly be interesting to see the Federal Courts view on it next week.

Edited by Karma80

6 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So first they prompted and stimulated actual pubs to convert their places into pub like eateries, to be allowed to sell again and reopen with SHA things. And now they punish all legit (small) eateries that also served alcohol prior covid on top of those 'fake eateries' who actually are pubs and submitted recently.

What is next? Allowing 25% tables, then 50% then 75% and 100% to repeat again with entire closure X months. Still have to meet the first person who died of covid after going to such places, after 2 years of this play.

How are they being punished?  The headline of this thread is misleading.  They haven't been told to close down, they are just supposed to close at 9pm.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

How are they being punished?  The headline of this thread is misleading.  They haven't been told to close down, they are just supposed to close at 9pm.

Some folks can't read past the headline, and even get that wrong:

"Closure of Pub-like Eateries to Be Mulled"

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2022 at 9:48 AM, KhunLA said:

Looking at a few snaps

Spectacular snaps! I too am into wildlife photography, especially birds and bugs, but I'm a total amateur compared to your level. Heading up to CM next week for a week of "birding" (both with and without wings 555) and photography. Expect I'll increase my life list of bird species considerably. Currently at 726 worldwide, but only 126 in Thailand. 

Great stuff. ????????

• Thanks 1

For anyone interested. Again last night, Saturday 8th, Lower Sukhumvit including Soi 7 & 4 & 11 and others were open and serving alcohol.

However, staff at Stumble Inn informed me that starting tonight, Sunday 9th, they must close at 9pm. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Expect I'll increase my life list of bird species considerably. Currently at 726 worldwide, but only 126 in Thailand. 

Great stuff. ????????

Thanks. 

Life list, only started in Thailand, and up to 160 ish here, though suspect more, as I stopped looking at the minor differences in species.  Notices others in FB wildlife group, and think ... "hold on, I got that bird" ... just didn't realize the variation and actually different name ... ????

Happy Snapping ... with both ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimn said:

I am not I am just correcting you.

Your words

"Dont also forget that the 17,988 people in hospital are not all there because of Covid. Only some are. The rest are in hospital for other reasons and just happen to have covid."

Of course you were making it up, the words "only some are" is an attempt at validity without any factual basis.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

In Chonburi/Pattaya at least, it's now been confirmed that the "pub-like eateries" do not have to close at 9pm, they just have to stop selling alcohol at 9pm.  Line them up!

Ah so that's today's rule.

And tomorrow....any guesses? ????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Your words

"Dont also forget that the 17,988 people in hospital are not all there because of Covid. Only some are. The rest are in hospital for other reasons and just happen to have covid."

Of course you were making it up, the words "only some are" is an attempt at validity without any factual basis.

Its no worse than a bad flu season

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59909860

22 hours ago, James105 said:

Oz is entitled to make its own terms and its own exemptions and they used their own terms/rules to provide an exemption for him.   They are breaking their own rules by not allowing him in after granting an exemption.  You would have a point if the rule was no unvaccinated person can come in without exception, but that is not the rule, so you do not have a point.   

Last time I checked, the rules to enter Oz were to be double vaxed. It did not mention elitist exemptions.

Should include elitist sportsmen too. A pity politics got embroiled. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Last time I checked, the rules to enter Oz were to be double vaxed. It did not mention elitist exemptions.

Should include elitist sportsmen too. A pity politics got embroiled. 

Maybe you should check again then if you think that someone in Australia is giving exemptions to elite sports people and no-one else.   Here is an example, if someone had an adverse reaction to the first jab so severe that it put them in hospital - do you think that they should not be granted an exemption from requiring the second jab?   This is one of the exemption reasons that allows “unvaccinated” people to enter Australia regardless of whether they are an elite sports person or not.

10 minutes ago, James105 said:

Maybe you should check again then if you think that someone in Australia is giving exemptions to elite sports people and no-one else.   Here is an example, if someone had an adverse reaction to the first jab so severe that it put them in hospital - do you think that they should not be granted an exemption from requiring the second jab?   This is one of the exemption reasons that allows “unvaccinated” people to enter Australia regardless of whether they are an elite sports person or not.

Has this tennis player had a jab?  He seems unwilling to declare the fact. He has not declared an adverse reaction so your point is not applicable to him and irrelevant. 

He failed to provide appropriate evidence because a prior infection was not a valid reason to enter without a vaccination.

Djokovic's lawyers argue the player had been granted a temporary visa by Tennis Australia because of his recent infection... BUT a Visa does not guarantee entrance to a country, it is an invitation to travel to the border where further checks are likely. (Many a traveler to Thailand had that issue!) The final  authority rests with immigration and the Victoria government, who issued the exemption, is not the final authority. 

Edited by jacko45k

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Has this tennis player had a jab?  He seems unwilling to declare the fact. He has not declared an adverse reaction so your point is not applicable to him and irrelevant. 

He failed to provide appropriate evidence because a prior infection was not a valid reason to enter without a vaccination.

Djokovic's lawyers argue the player had been granted a temporary visa by Tennis Australia because of his recent infection... BUT a Visa does not guarantee entrance to a country, it is an invitation to travel to the border where further checks are likely. (Many a traveler to Thailand had that issue!) The final  authority rests with immigration and the Victoria government, who issued the exemption, is not the final authority. 

Novak Djokovic: Judge orders immediate release of tennis star    A farce worthy of anything Thailand can invent! ????

1 hour ago, VBF said:

Novak Djokovic: Judge orders immediate release of tennis star    A farce worthy of anything Thailand can invent! ????

Thailand is a beacon of common sense and sanity compared to Australia. Maybe the Grand Slam tennis should be taken away from Australia and moved to a civilised country...

• Haha 1