Thailand reports 7,526 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

2 hours ago, JackGats said:

News just in at 13:30 local time in The Tiger: "BREAKING: Test & Go registration closed indefinitely, must enter before January 15"

There’s been a lot of confusion about the date for Test & Go pass holders to enter #Thailand. I asked the spokesperson at @MFAThai

and he told me there is NO cut-off date yet. For sure, people can enter up until 15 January. But after that, they’re still assessing what to do.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1479385310324690945

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

There’s been a lot of confusion about the date for Test & Go pass holders to enter #Thailand. I asked the spokesperson at @MFAThai

and he told me there is NO cut-off date yet. For sure, people can enter up until 15 January. But after that, they’re still assessing what to do.

Apparently, the 15thJanuary may be extended.

No final decision has been taken.

Only a week away but let's have a meeting about a meeting to stress more tourists out.

Over on the PA forum, their bailing out left right and centre.

Some are ready to go but just can't be bothered.

What a holiday.

- Run the Test-Wait-Maybe-Go-Hospital gambit.

- Your allowed out until 9pm

- Most of the bars may well be closed because the staff have tested positive for omicron.

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Apparently there are 10k with dates after the 16th that will be impacted. They could convert to an AQ of 7 days but how many would go do that over the sandbox. I know I would as if they kept BKK in play I could see my Condo from my Hotel already booked.

Edited by ThailandRyan

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

These are likely to be mostly Omi numbers. Few associated deaths. Milder symptoms. The numbers are likely to spike, then they will drop dramatically. Game over. Stop the panic. 

Deaths due to omicron won't be known for a couple of weeks, given that deaths lag infections. Having said that, when I looked at Italy's numbers today, I calculated that ppl were 15x more likley to have died during their second wave than the current one. I just compared the total (known) cases to the recorded deaths. In 2-4 weeks we will be more certain of the case fatality rate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Olmate said:

Oz has tested itself Into a stupor and 78k cases today! 

What is bizarre there is that anyone could get a free pcr (cars lined up for miles), but can hardly get an expensive atk. People calling 000 when they test positive and have no symptoms. The media there should be held to blame for such mass panic. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Apparently there are 10k with dates after the 16th that will be impacted. They could convert to an AQ of 7 days but how many would go do that over the sandbox. I know I would as if they kept BKK in play I could see my Condo from my Hotel already booked.

If the Thai could keep things simple, they would say "come after the cut-off date with your paperwork, and we'll have counters at the airport with staff from ASQ hotels in full body condoms, then you can book a 7-day quarantine right after landing".

• Like 1

I think that Dr. Campbell was referring to the US study and that it was peer reviewed but don't remember exactly.   He emphasized that we were very lucky that Omicron evolved as it did.  Drbeen has explained Omicron's evolution in detail if you have the patience to watch all the details.

3 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Omicron is here so we can expect a massive rise in cases. How are they going to hospitalize people who just need to isolate for a week or so if numbers reach 200k a day like in the UK.

Never, they won't reach 200k because they don't test enough PCR and don't include ATK that are reported.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

I think that Dr. Campbell was referring to the US study and that it was peer reviewed but don't remember exactly.   He emphasized that we were very lucky that Omicron evolved as it did.  Drbeen has explained Omicron's evolution in detail if you have the patience to watch all the details.

Dr Campbell is a retired nurse.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

No he was referring to the Chinese one, he inserted the link in the video comments. I prefer to go to source material rather than him.

On the 30th Dec he did a video where he mentioned that 80% of covid admissions in the UK were due to incidental cases and not as a direct result of covid. He was very wrong, at the time it was actually around 30% as confirmed by the UK ONS at the time. At the end of that video he said if he was wrong he would come back and say so, he never did.

On the 15th Dec he predicted 1 million new infections in the UK daily by the end of Dec.

He does make a fair amount of money from his daily uploads but I prefer not to contribute to that.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Apparently should know on Sunday when it gets published in the Royal Gazette:

"The details about the new rules for Test & Go are expected to be published in the Royal Gazette on Sunday. There may or may not be a mention of a cut off date. It may indeed be 15th January or it may be later. TAT are pushing for no fixed date. I believe MFA support this stance."

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1479447820549591040

• Thanks 1

We're open here, but still slightly restricted.  Masks, etc of course.

Omicron is everywhere.  We can't test for it anymore because there aren't enough tests.  Not enough people.  Hospitals are strained but only because of unvaccinated and ICU capacity has gone down, not up.  

There is no way to stop this.  

The biggest problem that you may see is so many people off work that services may be limited.  We are seeing this now.  

I guess my point is this will come to Thailand sooner than later.  Look to other countries how they are handling this hopefully last wave of COVID.  

Edited by Blumpie

5 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

On what does Dr. Campbell rake in money?  The dirt cheap vitamin D or Ivermectin?  Do you have him confused with another doctor?

I guess when you have nothing else to add, slinging mud works.  

He is highly watched and has been bang on for the entire pandemic from the beginning to now.  He was the first person to be horrified at how transmissible it was far before it was released by the scientific community and was stating endlessly that the omicron variant seems to be far less virulent.  

He interviews doctors from all over the world and analyses data each day point by point and explains it to dummies like me.  ????  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, garyk said:

Looks like we are going to be living with this for years and years to come. Crazy

Actually there's a good chance this is the end of the pandemic and it will be over soon.  If this was delta just hanging around then yes there would be a good chance because all the un vaccinated trash would drag it out forever.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I guess when you have nothing else to add, slinging mud works.  

He is highly watched and has been bang on for the entire pandemic from the beginning to now.  He was the first person to be horrified at how transmissible it was far before it was released by the scientific community and was stating endlessly that the omicron variant seems to be far less virulent.  

He interviews doctors from all over the world and analyses data each day point by point and explains it to dummies like me.  ????  

He's a clown.

• Like 2