Thailand Pass suspension among measures to curb new COVID wave, no lockdown imposed

snoop1130

logo-4.png

Tourists entering Thailand on a “Thailand Pass”, granted under the minimal quarantine “Test and Go” program, may do so until January 15th, instead of January 10th, but new applications for the “Thailand Pass” will remain suspended until further notice, according to the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) today (Friday).

The entry ban by arrivals from 8 African countries, due to the initial Omicron variant spread there, has been lifted and they will now be treated like other arrivals.

For pubs and bars in the eight tourist “sandbox” provinces, they can open as restaurants and sell alcohol like other eateries in the zone, if they seek permission from authorities by January 15th. In the rest of the country, these nightlife venues will remain closed beyond the previously planned reopening date of January 16th.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-pass-suspension-among-measures-to-curb-new-covid-wave-no-lockdown-imposed/

Logo-top-.png

3 hours ago, simola said:

Who on earth would want to holiday in Thailand now.

Anyone who reads this latest Gem from TAT ,

"webversion | Thailand reopens 3 more Sandbox destinations from 11 January 2022"
seriously needs to seek professional help if they considered going to Thailand for a holiday.  
What is this all out focus on Alcohol? Corruption is ok, riding scooters dangerously is ok, maintaining a high death
toll on the roads is ok along with not wearing masks in Bangla Rd Patong beach in the evening as displayed in numerous online videos but having a beer is so bad...

RT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

RT

·The CCSA has just confirmed that although new registrations for Test & Go remain suspended, travellers who have already been approved can enter #Thailand according to the conditions and on the date they requested, until this order changes. There is NO cut off date

I have no idea if the above is  accurate. But certainly it is far from clear that there is a cut off date for entry by people already holding an approved T&G pass.

According to this from the Thai Consulate in New York there is no cut off date. Confusion still reigns.

The Royal Thai Consulate General in New York posted the latest on travelling to Thailand on Saturday.

Those who obtained the Thailand Pass for the Test & Go scheme by registering before December 22 will be qualified for a one-day quarantine provided their Covid-19 test is negative upon arrival. There is no restriction on the date of arrival.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40010852

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, deemaak said:

Thailand pass is open. Just applied for my wife and daughter. Approved in few hrs. Quarantine for 7days if done both doses and 10 if no vaccination. 

I thought new Thailand passes got suspended before New Year, and only  Sandbox was available now.

Just now, jacko45k said:

I thought new Thailand passes got suspended before New Year, and only  Sandbox was available now.

The Thailand Pass program for applying is open the Test N Go scheme under the Thai Pass was suspended.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, deemaak said:

Thailand pass is open. Just applied for my wife and daughter. Approved in few hrs. Quarantine for 7days if done both doses and 10 if no vaccination. 

As far as i'm aware arriving under the Thailand pass scheme ends on 15th January.  I was due to fly to Malaysia on business 0n 16th Jan and return 15th Feb. That has now been cancelled