Test&Go cut-off date on the 15th of January revoked?

Since this seems to be such a hot topic at the moment, I figured I'd share our recent findings.

We have been informed by the Thai embassy in The Hague that the Test&Go cut-off date has been revoked. This was shared through a post on the embassy's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ThaiEmbassy.Hague/posts/4896993847019655

Since myself and my wife are scheduled to arrive on the 17th, we have been following the recent developments closely. After reading said FB post, my wife checked with the Thai embassy who confirmed that we can indeed enter the kingdom on the 17th with our already issued Test&Go QR codes.

I haven't been able to find any confirmations just yet, but during the past two years the Thai embassy in The Netherlands has been very quick to provide up-to-date information regarding the latest entry restrictions and changes to these restrictions. Hence, we are cautiously optimistic that this is indeed what has been decided during today's meeting regarding this possible cut-off date.

• Like 1

I arrive in Thailand on the 18 January so I hope theThai embassy in The Hague are correct, I won’t cancel flights etc until further updates from official sources are shared on the forum  

Same here. At this point, it's still 50-50. Although this particular embassy has been on top of things during the entire pandemic. Still haven't been able to find any other official source confirming or contradicting this. All I can find is an article on The Taiger from a few hours ago, mentioning that the cut-off is in place, but with a "door left open to possibly extending it"... 

Some clarity would be nice.

33 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

I found this just now as well: https://www.tatnews.org/2022/01/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

Press release updated today after the meeting. No mention of a cut-off date. Starting to think that the embassy in The Hague might indeed be correct.

check out todays pattaya mail.

mentions that CCSA has rejected the proposed 15/1 cut off date.

should there be need for a cut off date will update accordingly.

• Like 1

When I spoke to the Thai embassy in the Hague a short time ago, they confirmed absolutely and with confidence that the Jan 15 cut off date had been revoked and all approved test and go QR holders can travel on their approved travel dates which includes all dates after Jan 15.

• Like 1

Richard Barrow also just retweeted:

The CCSA has just confirmed that although new registrations for Test & Go remain suspended, travellers who have already been approved can enter #Thailand according to the conditions and on the date they requested, until this order changes. There is NO cut off date.

Edited by webhost

I was to arrive on the 17th with Test & Go one night stay hotel. Now I guess I pay to the hotel about $1,000 more with no refunds or credit. With zero guarantee that if I get Covid before my test or my flight is cancel I lose another thousand dollars trying to return home to my family.

Wow you got me scared there for a few seconds! I thought they'd revoked the 15th of January cut-off date to screw all those with already delivered Passes as of now. I arrive on the 14th but I'd rather not be one of only a handful of farangs in Thailand. There's (some) safety in numbers.

4 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

I was to arrive on the 17th with Test & Go one night stay hotel. Now I guess I pay to the hotel about $1,000 more with no refunds or credit. With zero guarantee that if I get Covid before my test or my flight is cancel I lose another thousand dollars trying to return home to my family.

Why? You can still enter on the 17th, assuming you have a Test&Go QR code.

2 minutes ago, Songkhla Sam said:

So my Feb 5 arrival code is still valid correct?  If I am reading correctly, I need to provide my test and go 1 night notel where I will stay on night 5 and then go to a govrnment facility for an additional RT-PCR test at goverment expense?

AFAIK that is correct; this is the procedure as confirmed on the TAT's website (updated after today's meeting). 

15 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Wow you got me scared there for a few seconds! I thought they'd revoked the 15th of January cut-off date to screw all those with already delivered Passes as of now. I arrive on the 14th but I'd rather not be one of only a handful of farangs in Thailand. There's (some) safety in numbers.

You can replace the word safety with Covid.

There is safety in LOW numbers.......................I an VERY happy to part of a handful of Farangs. Low season numbers with high season weather is bloody marvellous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karlo said:

I arrive in Thailand on the 18 January so I hope theThai embassy in The Hague are correct, I won’t cancel flights etc until further updates from official sources are shared on the forum  

You’re still good to go....    There is no longer any cut off for approved Test & Go Thailand Passes.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow?t=X94ojvM9kcmEE7zQEGhrkA&s=09

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

check out todays pattaya mail.

mentions that CCSA has rejected the proposed 15/1 cut off date.

should there be need for a cut off date will update accordingly.

As per Richard Barrows twitter update - It was announced in the last hour - No cut off. 

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You’re still good to go....    There is no longer any cut off for approved Test & Go Thailand Passes.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow?t=X94ojvM9kcmEE7zQEGhrkA&s=09

As per Richard Barrows twitter update - It was announced in the last hour - No cut off. 

Some reporting I have seen from yesterday's CCSA meeting states that the Jan 15th cut off for pre-approved applications is to be enforced. The IATA regulations (updated January 5th) make no mention of a January 15th cut off date, but there is no update since the CCSA meeting. IMHO, the situation is still very murky.

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

bangkok post has a graphic with 15/1 cutoff and refers to approved TP arrivals post 15/1 having their status re-evaluated.......???

thaiger news refers to CCSA "clearly" stating 15/1 cutoff but that some officials want further debate and a further official announcement from CCSA.

clear as mud outcome.

13 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

You might be lucky.  Read the thread.

It would not be a matter if "revoking" since a cut off date has never been legally enacted.

The Health Ministry had proposed a cut off and there  has been a  lot of garbled discussion of it in the media.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It would not be a matter if "revoking" since a cut off date has never been legally enacted.

Semantics. But sure, technically correct. I only used that wording since the embassy in The Hague did so as well (literally just copied the wording from their post on FB).

I checked in last night at Singapore Airlines in Brisbane for a flight to Bangkok. Conversation went like this:

How come you only have 1 night hotel booked?

- I have Test & Go

That's been cancelled. Let me check

- 5 minutes of checking regs, not caring what I said about being valid

Oh, it's okay, you are allowed to enter on test & go up to the 15th, you're all good

- your handbook is wrong, anyone with test & go approved can enter

*crickets*

I suggest if anyone is flying T&G after 15th they print a copy of the Thai Pass wording or a copy of what the Gazette says as this guy was buying nothing of what I said. Luckily I flew 13th

The IATA regulations for Thailand, updated on 13-Jan-2021 make no mention of any cut-off date for Test & Go. I regard this as almost certain confirmation that existing Thailand Passes issued for Test & Go are going to be honoured.