Bang Sue Vaccination Center Accepting Booster Registrations via Mobile Providers

webfact

c3ebc32fe11928b443ace74db546fd75_small.jpg

By: Natthaphon  Sangpolsit

BANGKOK (NNT) - People who have received two COVID-19 vaccine doses from public vaccination centers can now make appointments for booster shots at the Central Vaccination Center in the capital through the websites of mobile network providers.

The booster shot service at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station is being offered to those who have received two injections of the AstraZeneca vaccine or been administered any of the cross-vaccination approaches such as Sinovac-AstraZeneca and Sinopharm-Pfizer.

All recipients will receive the Pfizer vaccine as their booster, unless specifying the AstraZeneca jab at the registration counter on the day of the appointment.

Queues may be reserved through the websites of mobile network providers AIS, True, Dtac and NT. Applicants must schedule a vaccination date at least 90 days after the date of their latest injection.

Registration is not required for those who received their second dose at the Central Vaccination Center, which will send an SMS to their phones informing them of their booster appointment date. The center has already scheduled appointments for members of this group who received their second dose in September or October.

Walk-in services for boosters are not currently being provided.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

Any word on whether those of us with two Pfizer shots are eligible?

The web site doesn't have a category for that.

I've thought about just showing up and playing Dumb Falang  (my Thai is bad enough I can be pretty convincing) but it's quite a schlep if it doesn't work.  And I've thought of getting a "first" Pfizer shot but I don't like cheating and also I'm worried I'd end up with useless documentation, since many countries are already starting to require 2+booster for entry.

Anybody have any experience with two foreign Pfizer shots getting a Pfizer or Moderna booster in Bangkok?

36 minutes ago, FalangTingTong said:

I've thought about just showing up and playing Dumb Falang  (my Thai is bad enough I can be pretty convincing) but it's quite a schlep if it doesn't work.  And I've thought of getting a "first" Pfizer shot but I don't like cheating and also I'm worried I'd end up with useless documentation, since many countries are already starting to require 2+booster for entry.

Anybody have any experience with two foreign Pfizer shots getting a Pfizer or Moderna booster in Bangkok?

Moderna booster is available at Bkk Hospital HQ, anyone welcome (My friend recently got it)

Not free, need to pay THB 1650/- online

• Like 1

Bang Sue is terribly crowded.   When I got there this afternoon, they had already stopped accepting walk-ins.   A staff member said that number of walk-ins accepted would be limited.   Although I received my second AZ shot there on October 6th, I have not received any appointment for my Pfizer booster.  I attempted to register through the AIS app but my birth date wasn’t accepted even though it was in the specified format.  I am reluctant to get up early enough to be there at 9:00 to get in the walk-in queue.  I’ll wait a couple of days to see what happens.   Maybe they will accept more walk-ins after a while.

3 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Bang Sue is terribly crowded.

Very strange and not what I encountered there today at all....  I had an appointment there (made more than a week back thru the TH mobile provider websites) at 4 p.m. this afternoon for a Pfizer booster shot four months after my original two AZ doses. I was in and vaccinated in less than a half hour, and then for some reason, they only had my cohort wait about 15 minutes before letting everyone go on their way. So I was out the door in less than 45 minutes overall from start to finish.

This was my first time to Bang Sue for a COVID vaccination, and the setup they have there is HUGE, making use of vast otherwise unused area of the Bang Sue Grand Central rail station complex. But at 4 p.m. today, there were no crowds, no long queues for anything. And although there were a lot of people inside in various stages of getting vaccinated, they were more than matched by the available vaccination staff and stations to move everything along.

1519636843_2022-01-0816_10_00.thumb.jpg.94f230b3d07928c9afc6cecd7e23be06.jpg

The seating queue leading to the vax stations at front.

When I made my appointment via the DTAC COVID vaccine website, I only got to choose my appointment DAY, so I chose an available Saturday. Then later when the MoPH system accepted and confirmed my appointment via SMS, they assigned the time, which happened to be 4 p.m.  And all I can say is, 4 p.m. on a Saturday seems to be a very good time to be doing vaccination business at Bang Sue Grand Central Station.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FalangTingTong said:

AFAIK, the Thai MoPH system doesn't have any records of foreigners' COVID vaccinations done abroad, unless you've officially told them somewhere along the way (perhaps such as a tourist / sandbox entry or something like that).

So, if you had two Pfizer doses abroad and those aren't in the Thai government's system, AFAIK, you could register in the Thai government system for what they would consider to be your first dose. However, right now, for the "unvaccinated," they appear to be offering only a 1st AZ dose followed by a 2nd Pfizer dose. And someone who's already had two Pfizer doses outside Thailand really doesn't need or want a third dose being AZ.

So the alternative would seem to be to wait until the Thai government's own system open Pfizer booster doses for those who've already received two Pfizer doses in country, which probably will be about six months after they first started doing Pfizer doses here.

Screenshot_2.jpg.12857fd556eadfec1f50a91af88596b2.jpg

https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index-en.html

Screenshot_4.jpg.e38f14f7fe3338ddc774960209ce6d72.jpg

https://www.ais.th/vaccinesforthais/

A bit more about the process at Bang Sue today:

--I brought my passport, and it's probably a good/safe thing to do, in general. But today, no one asked me for it. They only wanted to see the appointment confirmation QR code I received via SMS when my vaccination appointment was confirmed. They scanned that, and that gave them all the info they needed/wanted, including my passport number, of course.

--After arriving and getting inside, you're given a single page medical questionnaire (mine included English type) to check about all the various things that might disqualify you from getting a vaccination or require a doctor's sign-off first -- things like high blood pressure, allergic reactions, serious medical conditions, etc etc. For most people, it's going to mean checking NOs to everything. Then sign and date at the bottom to give your consent to getting vaccinated.

--After my booster dose vaccination, no one gave me or offered any kind of paper vaccination certificate. So I had my Thai wife ask, and we ended up getting pointed to a series of tables at the far end of the vaccination area where they had printed signs up only in TH language saying paper vax certificates were available to Thais over age 60 and foreigners. So we sat down, the lady again asked to see my vax appointment QR code saved on my mobile phone, and in about 30 seconds, had printed out and handed me a half-page yellow-color vax certificate with a QR code up in the top right hand corner that only listed my 3rd booster dose given today (although I have a separate prior paper vax certificate from the private hospital that gave me my original two AZ doses).

So the overall process from the start was:

--go to the outside entry door, and either get sent to the queue for those with appointments, or those doing walk-in (if it's available at the time of your visit.)

--Once in the appointments queue, they'll check the appoinment QR code for your visit on your mobile phone, then send you in to sit in an area where they have the medical questionnaire form to be filled out, with a pen and clipboard available on each seat. Once you've filled out that form and they've checked it to make sure you're good for a vax....

--Then, your group is sent to an adjoining vax area were you sit once again on lined up white plastic chairs in queues in front of the many vax stations. And then every time one person in your line in vaccinated, everyone stands up, and moves one chair closer to the front. And then again and again and again, until you reach the vax station, where they take your medical form, and ask to see your QR code again before giving you the shot.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Great report! Was your booster shot registered in your Mor Prom app?

As of tonight, no, the 3rd shot booster dose from today hasn't yet surfaced in my Mor Prom app info. I'm guessing, they'll update overnight, and it probably will show up when I look again tomorrow.

I'm also assuming, the reason they weren't automatically handing out paper vax certificates at Bang Sue is because they're expecting Thais to get and download that kind of info from the Mor Prom app.

I hadn't set up the Mor Prom app previously on my mobile phone, but did so this afternoon after my booster, using the 13-digit "ID Card Number" entry on my original two-dose vaccine certificate, in lieu of a Thai national ID card number that I don't have. Using the ID Card number from my prior MoPH vax certificate worked just fine in setting up a new Mor Prom account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

Bang Sue is terribly crowded.   When I got there this afternoon, they had already stopped accepting walk-ins. 

I was also there this afternoon with my son and ex-wife and things went very well. The Thais had everything well organized and running efficiently. My ex and I both had appointments there while our son was a walk-in. My ex and I were vaccinated at 3:15 P.M. and our son was vaccinated about 4:00 P.M.  We all received the Pfizer vaccine as a booster.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

using the 13-digit "ID Card Number" entry on my original two-dose vaccine certificate, in lieu of a Thai national ID card number that I don't have

I had a Thai National ID number and I still had to use my passport and get a vaccine related Thai 13 digit number. They must want to keep all the foreigners separate on the vaccine databases? I got my first two jabs at Pyathai2 then a booster at Bang Sue. The booster showed up on Mor Phrom app the next day as a third jab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

A bit more about the process at Bang Sue today:

--I brought my passport, and it's probably a good/safe thing to do, in general. But today, no one asked me for it. They only wanted to see the appointment confirmation QR code I received via SMS when my vaccination appointment was confirmed. They scanned that, and that gave them all the info they needed/wanted, including my passport number, of course.

--After arriving and getting inside, you're given a single page medical questionnaire (mine included English type) to check about all the various things that might disqualify you from getting a vaccination or require a doctor's sign-off first -- things like high blood pressure, allergic reactions, serious medical conditions, etc etc. For most people, it's going to mean checking NOs to everything. Then sign and date at the bottom to give your consent to getting vaccinated.

--After my booster dose vaccination, no one gave me or offered any kind of paper vaccination certificate. So I had my Thai wife ask, and we ended up getting pointed to a series of tables at the far end of the vaccination area where they had printed signs up only in TH language saying paper vax certificates were available to Thais over age 60 and foreigners. So we sat down, the lady again asked to see my vax appointment QR code saved on my mobile phone, and in about 30 seconds, had printed out and handed me a half-page yellow-color vax certificate with a QR code up in the top right hand corner that only listed my 3rd booster dose given today (although I have a separate prior paper vax certificate from the private hospital that gave me my original two AZ doses).

So the overall process from the start was:

--go to the outside entry door, and either get sent to the queue for those with appointments, or those doing walk-in (if it's available at the time of your visit.)

--Once in the appointments queue, they'll check the appoinment QR code for your visit on your mobile phone, then send you in to sit in an area where they have the medical questionnaire form to be filled out, with a pen and clipboard available on each seat. Once you've filled out that form and they've checked it to make sure you're good for a vax....

--Then, your group is sent to an adjoining vax area were you sit once again on lined up white plastic chairs in queues in front of the many vax stations. And then every time one person in your line in vaccinated, everyone stands up, and moves one chair closer to the front. And then again and again and again, until you reach the vax station, where they take your medical form, and ask to see your QR code again before giving you the shot.

Excellent report. Thank you. I got confirmation of acceptance via DTAC on Dec. 16. My vaccination appointment is Jan. 18. I was debating about whether to go due to the huge crowds and potential exposure.  Your detailed report has definitely relieved a lot of stress about the whole process.  

Question: What time did you get to the first lineup, the QR code check? Mine's at 4 pm, too. 

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp
Typo

1 hour ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Question: What time did you get to the first lineup, the QR code check? Mine's at 4 pm, too. 

4 pm also yesterday. But it was a Saturday, coming off the New Year's holidays....

Can't speak to what the comparable situation would be on a weekday.

But from everything I've seen reported about the Bang Sue experience along the way, the late afternoon time slot seems generally to be the most free of any crowding.

• Like 1

It wasn’t free of crowding yesterday. There were thousands of people there at 3:30.  They weren’t accepting any more walk-ins.  Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow afternoon.  Any advice?

4 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I tried to sign up using the DTAC link but couldn't get a date to appear and couldn't complete the registration.

Same thing happened to me yesterday but this thread just reminded me to try again today.   This time my registration was accepted for a February date, immediately acknowledged by SMS with an appointment time and QR code.  The moral is, keep trying if you've got the patience!

Edited by Liverpool Lou

36 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

It wasn’t free of crowding yesterday. There were thousands of people there at 3:30.  They weren’t accepting any more walk-ins.  Maybe I’ll try again tomorrow afternoon.  Any advice?

Try to register and get an appointment, I did that an hour ago and had an appointment confirmed almost immediately.   Wouldn't register me yesterday but it did today.

https://www.facebook.com/thaimoph/

NO WALK INs

Announcement
Bang Sue Central Vaccination Center.
Please note that
#การรับวัคซีนเข็มที่3 (Booster dose)
#ต้องลงทะเบียนล่วงหน้าเท่านั้น
NO WALK IN
#เข็มสองจากที่อื่นโปรดลงทะเบียนก่อน
By being able to book an appointment through the following 4 mobile networks.
1. AIS Register on website www.ais.th/vaccine
2. TRUE Register with USSD system. Press *707#. Call out or Website https://vaccine.trueid.net/
3. DTAC registered on DTAC app and website https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index.html
4. NT registered at the Provincial Government Office. National Telecommunications Commission https://covid19vaccine.ntplc.co.th/CVC/home
Source : CVC Central Bang Sue
Don't forget to wear a mask, maintain social distance, wash your hands and vaccinate.
#โควิด19 #วัคซีนโควิด
#สถานการณ์โควิด19
#กรมควบคุมโรค
#ไทยรู้สู้โควิด

271587670_478034630473112_3078880140086730154_n.jpg

6 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

I tried to sign up using the DTAC link but couldn't get a date to appear and couldn't complete the registration.

DogNot I had the same problem. What it is, is that when you click the date icon (next to vaccination date request) a calendar appears down below. It is very hard to see as it is covered by your keyboard screen. 

It will show January, which is full, so you arrow across to the next month then click your date and it should carry on.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

After 6 months, as for the government's guideline?

Six months from when? I think the other commenter has it right that this category will appear when it’s officially something happening within Thailand.  Six months from my second jab is next week, and so far I don’t see any way to register as Pf+Pf for Pf booster.

Edited by FalangTingTong
Typo

On 1/8/2022 at 2:01 PM, DrJoy said:

Moderna booster is available at Bkk Hospital HQ, anyone welcome (My friend recently got it)

Not free, need to pay THB 1650/- online

That would be my preference but their web site says it’s suspended.

Maybe I’ll call tomorrow, there is often a lag between reality and website.

21 minutes ago, FalangTingTong said:

That would be my preference but their web site says it’s suspended.

Maybe I’ll call tomorrow, there is often a lag between reality and website.

You have to buy an E-coupon from Shoppee online, then register on Bkk Hospital website and then they will call for confirmation.

Here's the link -

https://shopee.co.th/-E-Coupon-Bangkok-Hospital-วัคซีนทางเลือกโมเดอร์นา-(Moderna)-ล็อต-2-i.250344218.12007267023

All the best!

Thanks kidneyw.  I know a vaccine manager at St. Louis.  I understand from her that I can buy a Moderna shot on the 23rd for 1,200.  I'll take that option because I want the booster ASAP. My advanced age makes me vulnerable to severe symptoms.