Madness idiots

pixelaoffy

6 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You sound a bit paranoid. How man times have you been attacked by Thais? I bet you just read about it here on this forum I've! lol I've always found to be thais to be mild mannered and laid  back unless you wind them up. That's my 30 years experience  here. You do not get chased here as the OP describes for no reason...He did or said something  that he is not telling about. Probably using the F word without realising  it a serious trigger in Asia. The UK is far more dangerous  than here but if you and your friends  keep getting attacked here in Thailand you are doing something  wrong

Do you mind if I ask what you do as a job?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, WEBBYB808 said:

You and anyone not wearing a mask in public are the ones in the wrong.  You dont wear the mask to protect yourself  you wear it to protect  others.  Same as a doctor preforming  surgery.   They protect the patient  not the surgeons.   Its you and others like you that are perpetuating  the virus here if you arent wearing mask and wearing it properly they should get you and fine you maximum  amount.  I see so many walking with their nose uncovered.   In another country it could be perceived  as assault.  Yes,  you were in the wrong and they were clearly bothered and you to them represent  the problem and why its spreading.  Why cant foriegners  just follow the safety  laws and protocols?  Of course you will reply that you see nothing wrong with not wearing your mask when you are walking alone, but clearly its not perceived  that way.

I think your post is rather over the top but in essence I agree that as outsiders and subject to irrational scapegoating it's in our interest to behave BETTER than the locals. I do. But if I saw someone of any description outdoors away from people without a mask or wearing it improperly I would think -- NO PROBLEM. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They were having a quiet drink and were  not wearing masks. Nobody drinks and wears  a mask at the  same time. The OP's main experience  of Thailand  is sadly from embittered farang on this forum  and I doubt the OP knows any Thais at all.

Yes, and all Thais are the same. We all knew that. 

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I do wear it correctly  most  of the time but outside with nobody around I use my own judgement. That's OK.

Problem is people get complacent  and forget to put it on correct  when near others.  I see so manu with their noses sticking out.  Thats whe worst organ to have uncovered  for a virus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I do wear it correctly  most  of the time but outside with nobody around I use my own judgement. That's OK.

If the police do their job and write you a 20000 baht fine after a certain number of incidents of not properly  wearing, thats ok too.

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I live in lower Sukhumvit. We didn't have tourists for a long time. Now we have more and more of them. It's obvious that they are tourists, and many of them don't wear masks, or maybe they have them on their arm or neck.

Personally I don't blame all of them for importing Covid, but I am sure with that attitude they help spreading Covid. I can't really blame Thais for thinking farangs are the bad guys when at least here most of the people who don't wear masks are the farang tourist.

I noticed the same thing in Sukhumvit near Thonglor. Thais wearing mask farang tourists dont. Now with omicron its natural for Thais to respond like this.

Its just stupid not to wear a mask even if there are no people around as you will be seen without a mask and only add to the stereotype. 

Is it that hard to keep your mask on, i hate them too but i would not dream of not wearing a mask even if there is nobody around.  Because people do pass by.

Just stupid thinking of foreigners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You were there, huh?

Your personal experience reflects on everyone else's, eh?

Wow!

I was there in my own skin for 30 years and I know what I experienced as well as my own personal  experience  I have observed  countless other tourists  and expats  behaving very inappropriately.  Wow!? Have you never seen that at all? Wow does your personal experience represent  everyone's experience? Do you honestly believe  the OP got chased down 3rd Rd without provoking people? Shouting, swearing  or drunk abuse? You see although  I wasn't there  I do not believe  he did not in some  way create his problem. I have never seen a farang get a big slap  who didn't deserve  it...!

• Like 1