Madness idiots

pixelaoffy

5 hours ago, stigar said:

Dont judge anyone else before you have tried walked in their shoes at least 10 miles.

Then you can .... you are 10 miles away AND have their shoes????

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LarrySR said:

Sometimes I wish some of these arrogant foreigners would get bashed.

I was at the BPH (very crowded) vaccine clinic and the guy queued up behind me didn't wear a mask during the entire procedure.

The clown even had the nerve to get the shot from a nurse that wore double masks, face shield and a space suit. 

There was no shortage of other morons doing the 'mask under the nose' routine.  

Yes, and obviously it irritates you..... so why should it not irritate Thais, particularly as many have the impresion we brought the pestilence to their country.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Wrong. Many experts have discussed the very limited protection a cloth mask affords both the wearer and others around them. An N95 mask is a different story. 

You are wearing a mask here, when outdoors, to make the Thai people feel more safe and secure., and less fearful. They are really wound up over relatively small numbers. The government has done a great job whipping the public up into a frenzy. 

Exactly an N95 is whats been the standard.

1 hour ago, poohy said:

I wear one when in shop or crowd  i never wear when alone or on motorbike whats the point

But then again we are in the countryside Mask wearing in  general Is much more relaxed

I don't wear one on the motorcycle as it wont fit properly in my full face mask. But nobody can see that. In BKK things are not as releaxed.

9 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So because some people say something daft about Thais, other people should attack anyone who says anything even slightly negative about any Thai people, even if its completely true? That doesn't sound like a good counter at all.

I guess you did not understand what i meant, there is a huge group of foreigners with anti Thai sentiments on the forum so someone with the exact opposite view gives a nice counter balance.

That does not mean he is right or that negative remarks about Thais can't be true. But in general there is far more anti Thai sentiment and stupid anti Thai remarks then this poster can make up for in a lifetime.

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

I don't wear one on the motorcycle as it wont fit properly in my full face mask. But nobody can see that. In BKK things are not as releaxed.

I don't when I set off from home, but put one on when I wait at the Suk/Klang lights into town in Pattaya. I have a suspicion some sneaky policeman will pop out looking for a non compliant farang. Also get a guilty sensation as most Thais have a mask on.... maybe no helmet, but a mask. 

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

I don't when I set off from home, but put one on when I wait at the Suk/Klang lights into town in Pattaya. I have a suspicion some sneaky policeman will pop out looking for a non compliant farang. Also get a guilty sensation as most Thais have a mask on.... maybe no helmet, but a mask. 

I got a full face helmet on closed visor and all, really hard to spot. But its hard to get my glasses under my helmet a mask gets torn off all the time when i try. So i put it on as soon as i have parked the motorcycle and removed my helmet.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You sound a bit paranoid. How man times have you been attacked by Thais? I bet you just read about it here on this forum I've! lol I've always found to be thais to be mild mannered and laid  back unless you wind them up. That's my 30 years experience  here. You do not get chased here as the OP describes for no reason...He did or said something  that he is not telling about. Probably using the F word without realising  it a serious trigger in Asia. The UK is far more dangerous  than here but if you and your friends  keep getting attacked here in Thailand you are doing something  wrong

Agree, Thais are usually very calm, I've never had any problem with Thais.

It's always white foreigners looking to pick a fight, usually Brits.

21 minutes ago, robblok said:

I got a full face helmet on closed visor and all, really hard to spot. But its hard to get my glasses under my helmet a mask gets torn off all the time when i try. So i put it on as soon as i have parked the motorcycle and removed my helmet.

Same, full face helmet with mirror visor.

Impossible to wear both mask and glasses under it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Because since the invention of forums grammar police are considered  bottom  feeders. Quite rightly  because  incorrect  grammar and typos  do not reflect poverty of intellect  or imagination. It's people who comment about grammar  and typos who suffer from those traits. It's the purchase they  can get on a discourse. Petty criticism and insults..lol

Not at all, not allowing comments or corrections just helps to perpetuate the current abysmal state of literacy.

If errors are not corrected people do not know that they are in error and will think (if they care) that they are correct. 

Perhaps soon posters will be corrected for saying should have (or should've) instead of should of. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Agree, Thais are usually very calm, I've never had any problem with Thais.

It's always white foreigners looking to pick a fight, usually Brits.

In my opinion it are indeed mostly foreigners who want to fight. Not sure if its just Brits, I would say a certain kind of class of people don't consider a night out complete without a fight. Last year a Dutch a group of Dutch guys killed an other Dutch guy in a fight. The victim had done nothing and the group made it a habbit of picking fights. This happened in Spain. The Dutch were all caught thankfully.

Even when I was young there were people in bars always looking for a fight usually sending a skinny weak guy ahead to bump into people spilling their beer hoping it would entice a fight and then join. 

Stupid idiots, lower class scum.  The times I almost got into a fight in Thailand were of course with foreigners, not so surprising as the bars i went to mainly had foreigners. Went out with Thai friends a few times never a problem. However, I went more times to bars frequented by foreigners then Thais. But havent been in bars for years now. 

But there seems to be a culture now in my country by the lower class scumm i mentioned that a good night out needs to end with a fight. Alcohol makes people violent, add some coke in the mix and ....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Telling people to leave. Where do you get off being so freakin' ARROGANT!?! Again, you know your experience. You are not God. You don't know everyone's experience. 

To be fair, the OP made it clear that he is leaving, although most likely not because of Hammer's advice.

18 minutes ago, rott said:

Not at all, not allowing comments or corrections just helps to perpetuate the current abysmal state of literacy.

If errors are not corrected people do not know that they are in error and will think (if they care) that they are correct. 

Perhaps soon posters will be corrected for saying should have (or should've) instead of should of. 

I don't disagree, but you need to check the Forum's rules.

Perhaps a wind up but any "foreigner" who goes maskless in Asia is viewed with derision and incidents should be expected. This will continue for many years. We are in the peak of the pandemic with no sign of abating. The social and economic changes that will come this decade can hardly be estimated. There are regions of the world such as small Pacific islands that will never welcome visitors for the remainder of out lifetimes. One should be grateful Thailand allows visitors at all and has not deported white Farangs wholesale.

For now, don't worry about the science how about respecting local cultures? It's just a bit of paper.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LarrySR said:

Sometimes I wish some of these arrogant foreigners would get bashed.

I was at the BPH (very crowded) vaccine clinic and the guy queued up behind me didn't wear a mask during the entire procedure.

The clown even had the nerve to get the shot from a nurse that wore double masks, face shield and a space suit. 

There was no shortage of other morons doing the 'mask under the nose' routine.  

The same can be seen on a daily basis at Pattaya Immigration, too many morons think they don't have to wear a mask properly while standing in a long line with hundreds of others around, self entitled idiots think they are somehow above the established rules, then cry foul when either the police or concerned citizens correct them.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Simply wear your mask. Its annoying to see arrogant foreigners defiantly walking in public near other people thinking they are entitled to do as they want.

Exactly. This is Thailand and I am a foreigner. 

Thailand says to wear masks so I wear a mask. 

No big deal. 

Edited by rott
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

You sound a bit paranoid. How man times have you been attacked by Thais? I bet you just read about it here on this forum I've! lol I've always found to be thais to be mild mannered and laid  back unless you wind them up. That's my 30 years experience  here. You do not get chased here as the OP describes for no reason...He did or said something  that he is not telling about. Probably using the F word without realising  it a serious trigger in Asia. The UK is far more dangerous  than here but if you and your friends  keep getting attacked here in Thailand you are doing something  wrong

Always one ' all Thais are mild mannered '. .. could make the s**t up

30 minutes ago, rott said:

Exactly. This is Thailand and I am a foreigner. 

Thailand says to wear masks so I wear a mask. 

No big deal. 

Actually it is a 'big deal'. When idiots come threaten violence .. go to Jomtien beach area where people are mixing and there's very few masks ..

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Actually it is a 'big deal'. When idiots come threaten violence .. go to Jomtien beach area where people are mixing and there's very few masks ..

I clearly meant it is not a big deal for me 

Not been to Jomtien beach for over a decade, many tourists so many people who do not "get it". 

11 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Why is everything always the OP's fault, no matter who the OP happens to be?

"Cognitive dissonance."

The fundamental premise that the people attacking the OP cannot cope with being false is that Thai people are all wonderful, kind, gentle, peace loving people who would never do anything bad, unless the evil Falange drive them to it with their vial behavior.

When they see something that contradicts this, it would cause literal psychological damage to them to admit that it was true and their core beliefs about Thai people are wrong, so they attack it.

• Thanks 1