Madness idiots

pixelaoffy

4 hours ago, poohy said:

I wear one when in shop or crowd  i never wear when alone or on motorbike whats the point

But then again we are in the countryside Mask wearing in  general Is much more relaxed

Fully a gree.  When I leave , say , Lotus the first thing I do is put my mask in my bag.  How does going home on my motorbike warrent wearing a mask ?  Riding my pushbike through the rice fields in the evening ...again , no mask . Less paranoia up here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What do you think about Thais not wearing masks?  Same thing?

It is not the same thing really. 

Being a guest in the country and refusing to follow its regulations is a protest. Thais cannot be deported, but any foreigner can..... 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Don't not 'get what' ?     Another brainwashed 

Sorry I did not realise that you were unaware of the expression "they don't get it". In this instance it means that they do not understand that the majority follow the rule. You may think that makes everyone who follows the rule is brainwashed, up to you. 

The majority of tourists do not come from places where being masked is the rule and so it does not come automatically to them. 

Whether they think that being unmasked makes them clever I do not know. 

14 minutes ago, rott said:

Sorry I did not realise that you were unaware of the expression "they don't get it". In this instance it means that they do not understand that the majority follow the rule. You may think that makes everyone who follows the rule is brainwashed, up to you. 

The majority of tourists do not come from places where being masked is the rule and so it does not come automatically to them. 

Whether they think that being unmasked makes them clever I do not know. 

More nonsense. People being quarantined with no symptons and I have now spoken to a friend in Bangkok who works in a restaurant and a colleague tested positive . She was negative but still has to quarantine.  Are people forced Into masks in open air  and isolation when they have a cold ? No. Typical Thai over reaction. .. ready to take on the scared sheep in Thailand anytime   oh and I am aware of "don't get it' expression.  But completely misused by yourself 

Edited by pixelaoffy

14 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

But were angry at me for not wearing mine  in open space

You were called out for not wearing a mask in public by concerned Thais right?  Did you politely respond to them with a OK and put on a mask or did you flaunt your stance and give a less than polite retort?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bbko said:

You were called out for not wearing a mask in public by concerned Thais right?  Did you politely respond to them with a OK and put on a mask or did you flaunt your stance and give a less than polite retort?

More nonsense 'flaunt stance ' no I  ignored them . Sums you up when an 'ok and respond to the request is deemed the only response....  . No never 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

How shocked I am!  /s

Of course, foreigners not wearing masks are arrogant and deserve to be bashed, while Thais not wearing masks is "different".  How very logical.  :cheesy:

Its only normal, i bet that foreigners breaking the rules in your country stand out more then the locals and locals get more annoyed when a foreigner breaks the rules.

I am not saying its ok its just how things are in every country. Read enough about this on this topic.

Its not oK but is totally logical. People will always protect their own. That is why when a foreigner does something bad the people on this forum defend him and when a Thai does something bad its a Thai thing and all Thais are the same.

13 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

How shocked I am!  /s

Of course, foreigners not wearing masks are arrogant and deserve to be bashed, while Thais not wearing masks is "different".  How very logical.  :cheesy:

Glad you agree.....although I did not say they deserve to be bashed. You added that, and I think it extreme.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

More nonsense 'flaunt stance ' no I  ignored them . Sums you up when an 'ok and respond to the request is deemed the only response....  . No never 

Perhaps it is really time for you to go home, as you suggested earlier. We come to Thailand to relax and enjoy. Seems like you have failed in that regard. You seem stressed and angry about everything.

Let it all go. It's not as if you are achieving anything by being objectionable. It's just makes you look....objectionable.

Relax, smile and enjoy. You are not going to win every battle. Even the best trained fighters will steer away from a fight if they can. I fight when there is no other choice. If I can remove the threat by other means, I will try that first. Disarming people with charm is one way. Be more versatile. Learn to dance and dance deftly around every issue. Don't be a stick in the mud. Don't try to be the number one fighter; someone else always wants to be number one. 

You are not going to be number one in your grave. Avoid conflict. Be nice. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bruno123 said:

Perhaps it is really time for you to go home, as you suggested earlier. We come to Thailand to relax and enjoy. Seems like you have failed in that regard. You seem stressed and angry about everything.

Let it all go. It's not as if you are achieving anything by being objectionable. It's just makes you look....objectionable.

Relax, smile and enjoy. You are not going to win every battle. Even the best trained fighters will steer away from a fight if they can. I fight when there is no other choice. If I can remove the threat by other means, I will try that first. Disarming people with charm is one way. Be more versatile. Learn to dance and dance deftly around every issue. Don't be a stick in the mud. Don't try to be the number one fighter; someone else always wants to be number one. 

You are not going to be number one in your grave. Avoid conflict. Be nice. 

Ah. Steering from the issue. Time to for you to button up as you have nothing sensible to say ! As I walk around now and see dozens of Thais not wearing masks .. take your hypocrisy else where 

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

What do you think about Thais not wearing masks?  Same thing?

I don't see many Thais not wearing masks. Honestly. But most of the new arrivals walking on soi Bua Khao...no masks or it is simply protecting their chins. 

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

It is not the same thing really. 

Being a guest in the country and refusing to follow its regulations is a protest. Thais cannot be deported, but any foreigner can..... 

Thais can not be deported ???? Think again

3 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

I don't see many Thais not wearing masks. Honestly.

I see plenty, but that isn't really the point.  If Thais aren't wearing masks, they deserve the same ire as foreigners not wearing masks, right?  They're arrogant and need to face some sort of consequences too, right?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I see plenty, but that isn't really the point.  If Thais aren't wearing masks, they deserve the same ire as foreigners not wearing masks, right?  They're arrogant and need to face some sort of consequences too, right?

They deserve the same ire, but like i said before in every country the people who stick out (foreigners) get judged differently. Its not right but its how it is in all countries. Mental midgets like the OP make it harder for all of us. Its not right but its just how it is. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I did... Thais cannot be deported.

It's Monday today, want to argue about that?

Maybe you should have stated (from Thailand). But a normal person would assume you meant that. People out for an argument don't.

16 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

If you want to know the madness and paranoia in the country . Tonight Sunday 9th I was walking along 3rd road and chased by two idiots(Thai of course) drinking ( took their masks off) . But were angry at me for not wearing mine  in open space with not anyonevaround

As daft as the law may be, you must consider yourself to be above the one currently in force that mandates the wearing of masks outside with fines or jail for offenders.    Perhaps you have an exemption to following the law?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, poohy said:

Near Prachuap drinking in village shop(table on our own away from main crowd) about 10 Thais drinking playing pool another 4/5 drinking

Not a mask in sight

Plenty of people, Thais and foreigners, drinking and playing pool, maskless, in Bangkok, also, it's not unusual.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's clear that many Thais believe f-rangs are responsible for the Covid pain here so to those people we can be targets of idiocy. I agree no need to wear a mask if outside away from people

It's also clear that many people, regardless of the perceived daftness of the law, consider themselves to be above it, idiotically identifying themselves as targets for that idiocy that is easily avoided.   

I agree with you regarding the pointlessness of masking up when there's no people around but. in the OP's case, there were other people around.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I would say wear a mask at all times simply because we're foreigners and easy targets for this kind of thing.

I would say wear a mask at all times when there could be others around because the law says that you have to.   Deliberately making oneself a target and then whinging about it when called out, like the OP, doesn't help the cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Didn't he say that the Thais weren't wearing masks either?

No, he said that the Thais removed their masks to drink which is, obviously, permitted.   Not wearing a mask in public, when not eating or drinking, as in the OP's case, is against the current law.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

He said they pulled theirs off and chased him.  Clearly  the message was that they wanted to assault him the same way.

No, he did not say that.  He did say that they removed them because they were drinking.  Perhaps you know a way to drink wearing a mask?

59 minutes ago, robblok said:

They deserve the same ire, but like i said before in every country the people who stick out (foreigners) get judged differently. Its not right but its how it is in all countries. Mental midgets like the OP make it harder for all of us. Its not right but its just how it is. 

Theres a "midget ' talking.