Madness idiots

pixelaoffy

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

It will never be 'done with'.

No government has ever willingly given up control that it has seized.

You should rename yourself to another paranoid Brit. I am not sure but a lot you guys have strange idea's.

No government wants this and will be happy to stop the measures once this is over. Thinking otherwise is crazy. 

What control do they have and what advantage do they have by having that control ? Please explain (not talking about Thailand but the west). Yes in Thailand its misused to curb demonstrations. In the west or at leas tmy country no such things. Besides the parties in power would lose the next elections if they did. 

So please tell me exactly what power they have how they benefit and why they don't want to give it up.

Vague remarks just don't cut it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Op has painted a very clear picture of himself....

It is unfortunate that there are some who insist on going against the grain for no intelligent reason. 

I even believe that he is quite correct that there is no need to wear a mask when out in the open on a quiet public street.... But that is completely beside the point.... regulations ask for him to be wearing a mask - how hard is it, really ???  

------

I forget to put my mask on all the time. I get out of the car walk across the car park etc...  someone looks at me strangely.... then I realise !!!...  mask goes straight on - its obvious I forgot. 

I’ve even got straight out of the car and walked into 7-11 a couple of time without my mask - thats like committing the crime of the century !!!..... the staff get quite animated... mask goes straight on and laugh off my stupidity.....    thats as difficult as it ever needs to be.

The personal anti-authoritarian protests of guys refusing or objecting wear masks in public are just pathetic..... 

We live and learn. All that makes you a better person. Helps you to not get stressed out about little things and to enjoy your day to day existence even more.

I have a great time being nice to people. If you are nice to ten people and eight give you pleasant feedback, that is ten pleasant experiences plus eight more. 

Even tiny things like a nod when on the bike to let someone through and they nod back, all positive experiences. They all add up.  

Hopefully the OP will learn to go a bit more with the flow and not allow themselves to get too stressed out. 

You can turn situations like that around easily. The same guys who you imagine aggressive might run to your aid in a different situation, dependent on how you present yourself.

So OP forget about it. Do something pleasant instead. Make pleasant memories for yourself. 

Even if you think we aren't agreeing with you, we are actually supporting you to live a healthier and more relaxed life. Keep love in your heart, not hate and anger. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My misses says, "kill them and hide the body in the jungle".

Bit of a whiz with non sequiturs is she.? 

But you both missed that I left the last part of the standard warning out, you never have a problem with one Thai you have a problem with every Thai in sight. 

4 minutes ago, rott said:

Bit of a whiz with non sequiturs is she.? 

But you both missed that I left the last part of the standard warning out, you never have a problem with one Thai you have a problem with every Thai in sight. 

But it isn't true. 

One persistent flower vendor got angry when eventually ignored after trying to push his flowers on my group. Broke a bottle and began to threaten me with it and tried to call locals over. Not a single one moved to his aid. I went off to get something much bigger than his broken bottle. 

He was lucky that the police turned up. 

2 minutes ago, Greenie5000 said:

But it isn't true. 

One persistent flower vendor got angry when eventually ignored after trying to push his flowers on my group. Broke a bottle and began to threaten me with it and tried to call locals over. Not a single one moved to his aid. I went off to get something much bigger than his broken bottle. 

He was lucky that the police turned up. 

Sounds like he was a nutter and everybody knew it. 

But in the main I am correct. 

On 1/10/2022 at 1:45 AM, BritManToo said:

Agree, Thais are usually very calm, I've never had any problem with Thais.

It's always white foreigners looking to pick a fight, usually Brits.

In my few cases; one was a group of Norwegians, the other an Asian type; maybe an Asian who is a naturalised American and the other an idiot flower seller from the region....and another threatening Thai on the Khao san Road more than twenty years ago. Cannot say Thai, as of course he could have been an immigrant.

No Brits ????  as I don't ever go drinking ???? 

You are judged by how you respond. If you go shouting/barking like a wild animal, onlookers will think you a wild animal; local or foreigner. 

So always stay calm and adjudge your surroundings.  You can be persistent, but do it calmly. 

Some people seem to think that they need to preserve their former ways no matter what.

Better to be able to adapt and to be flexible, otherwise you can snap and break under the perceived pressure..

41 minutes ago, rott said:

Sounds like he was a nutter and everybody knew it. 

But in the main I am correct. 

I have a different experience. Not just the one I described. I don't see it as Thai against foreigner. Thais have jumped in on my side in unjust situations.

Edited by Greenie5000

2 hours ago, rott said:

The golden rule always used to be, 

If you have a problem with a Thai, walk away or somehow defuse it because you ain't going to win. Doesn't matter how much in the right you are, you are a foreigner and automatically wrong. If it means eating a bit of shxt, do it and get away. Never had a problem myself but that was always the adage. 

Good advice

If i have a problem with an argumentative Thai time to walk away and smile and think how long they would last doing whatever they were doing  outside Thailand

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Most foreigners don’t walk around the streets without a mask on ready to receive the challenge from Thai’s (or anyone else) to put a mask on.... Why ????...........    Because they’re not an antagonistic idiots....   

Like you are 

3 hours ago, Greenie5000 said:

I have a different experience. Not just the one I described. I don't see it as Thai against foreigner. Thais have jumped in on my side in unjust situations.

Greenie how many unjust situations do you find yourself in.? 

And how often.? 

I wonder what the record is for the number of posts on your first 24 hrs on here. I think you will be in the running for Poster of the Year, and it's not just me that's saying so. A number of people already have noticed you. 

1 hour ago, rott said:

Greenie how many unjust situations do you find yourself in.? 

And how often.? 

I wonder what the record is for the number of posts on your first 24 hrs on here. I think you will be in the running for Poster of the Year, and it's not just me that's saying so. A number of people already have noticed you. 

Why are you discussing me and not the topic? I don't mind that you and a number of people have noticed me. I'm not hiding. All of the relevant people are aware of my presence.

If you really want to talk about me, we can go to PM. Otherwise, why don't you try posting on-topic?

What you are neglecting to mention, is that the same people who would gang up in an altercation with a foreigner, would do exactly the same thing with a native. Because you witnessed a foreigner being attacked by many, you likely assume it is because he is a foreigner. The people in nightlife areas back each other up. 

Try having a fight in a business district and see if office workers run to attack you ???? 

Nightlife workers are not looking for a fair fight. Overwhelming odds ensures victory. So colleagues from other venues will give a hand, as it could be them confronted the next time. 

So, I don't subscribe to your theory. I  likely have at least as much experience in Thailand as yourself, possibly more. 

Don't be upset about it and there is no need to get personal about it. 

Stay calm and bystanders will try to be impartial. Act like a crazy and it's easy for them to dismiss you as crazy. Especially with the language barrier.

I treat people in the same way as I would like them to treat me. With care and respect. So that is how I treat people and that is how I feel that I am treated. Of course not every second and every time. But no one is perfect. So I make allowances for them just as I understand that I need to make allowances for myself. Life is good.

As you say; people notice. Better they notice something good.

Mate I was just gently winding you up, taking ye pysse, calm down. Nothing is important. As Mr R Gervais says, we'll all be dead soon. Soon as in the greater scheme of things of course, not soon as in next week. 

Relax, have a cup of tea or something stronger l. 

On 1/9/2022 at 3:22 PM, WEBBYB808 said:

He said they pulled theirs off and chased him.  Clearly  the message was that they wanted to assault him the same way.

Are you suggesting they were going to assault him by breathing on him? 

I'll be so glad when this pandemic is over - it's sending everyone bonkers ????

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Are you suggesting they were going to assault him by breathing on him? 

I'll be so glad when this pandemic is over - it's sending everyone bonkers ????

If you are sick and you breathe  on them it is assault.    Sorry, you feel like you are bonkers.

23 minutes ago, rott said:

Mate I was just gently winding you up, taking ye pysse, calm down. Nothing is important. As Mr R Gervais says, we'll all be dead soon. Soon as in the greater scheme of things of course, not soon as in next week. 

Relax, have a cup of tea or something stronger l. 

I'm relaxed and still discussing the topic. Feel free to join in....whenever you are ready. ???? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WEBBYB808 said:

If you are sick and you breathe  on them it is assault.    Sorry, you feel like you are bonkers.

You think the two Thai guys were going to catch the OP and then breathe on his face as revenge? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

As the OP I suggest this thread is closed 

Click on the three dots in the top right hand corner and choose Report. There you can request a Mod to close the thread for you. You didn't need to actually write it in the thread itself. No guarantee they will see your post.

23 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

As the OP I suggest this thread is closed 

Op didn’t get the communal ‘anti-mask’ support he thought he was going to get.... 

-----------------

But.....  an interesting subject was raised....  

... How tolerated is it to be ‘anti-mask’ in Thailand and how are foreigners dealt with when refusing to comply ??

This thread seems to highlight that refusing to wear a mask is considered anti-social.

This thread also highlights that in ’some’ areas there are Thai’s who would use non-compliance as an excuse to target foreigners (possibly as a racially motivated attack - that can happen world wide).

This thread also highlights that there are some who cannot see a broader perspective. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 2:52 AM, robblok said:

No government wants this and will be happy to stop the measures once this is over. Thinking otherwise is crazy. 

I used to think that way, but you forget to take into account the personal political benefits of this

some leaders love to have control, and those rules boost their control egos, even if they are not authoritarians, they feel "useful" and that's the problem, they are not useful, yet that doesn't stop them from trying

that's how things are getting out of control, like 911, it opened a path to political abuses, and covid will not be different

Edited by GrandPapillon

9 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I used to think that way, but you forget to take into the account the personal political account of this

some leaders love to have control, and those rules boost their power egos, even if they are not authoritarians, they feel "useful" and that's the problem, they are not useful, yet that doesn't stop them from trying

that's how things are getting out of control, like 911, it opened a path to political abuses, and covid will not be different

A valid point.... 

I don’t mind a continued regulation of wearing masks on public transport etc....  thats not going to harm anyone... however, when the covid panic is put to bed I hope to see some semblance of normality return without any silly hypocrisy of covid regulations, time limits, booze bans etc....  

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A valid point.... 

I don’t mind a continued regulation of wearing masks on public transport etc....  thats not going to harm anyone... however, when the covid panic is put to bed I hope to see some semblance of normality return without any silly hypocrisy of covid regulations, time limits, booze bans etc....  

I don't think it will return to normal for a few years, the dividends of this crisis are too important for some

China loves it too, they get to lockdown internationally their entire population like they did under Mao ????

43 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

I used to think that way, but you forget to take into account the personal political benefits of this

some leaders love to have control, and those rules boost their control egos, even if they are not authoritarians, they feel "useful" and that's the problem, they are not useful, yet that doesn't stop them from trying

I disagree (not for Thailand you might be right). However for my country and others the goverment can't wait to put this all behind them. Most goverments want this to be gone and don't want these measures that make them unpopular. 

That is how democracy works, i can guarantee that in my country the moment this is done all measures will be gone. The opposition would win too many votes if not.