ICE vs EV, the debate thread

KhunLA

7 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Remove all the petrochemical by products from EV's and what are you left with no glass, no dashboard, no seats, no carpets, no tyres. no rims, no steering wheel, no plastics, no rubber, no seat frames, no mirrors, no paint

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Yet another silly post ... to counter your silliness.

Consider removing all the batteries from existence ...

... hope you don't require a pacemaker

image.png.a024abe6873d8c61833cf8e960612a5b.png

image.png.0106dd33db26684a1cf4c259bcf93a8a.png

image.png.053528255ae6b92ff7d9a352d80c2e18.png

You might say silly but my post in factual correct EV's are totally reliant on petrochemical by products

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

You might say silly but my post in factual correct EV's are totally reliant on petrochemical by products

Only you are being silly, as nobody is suggesting ending the use of petrochemical products.   Just another of your silly apple & oranges comparisons.

Try starting your ICE without a battery ... that's how silly sound.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/10/2022 at 7:36 AM, digbeth said:

even if you don't mind the slow charging, taking a rest break, eating while charging, the current charging network is not enough on busy Thai holiday long weekends where even petrol pumps and service areas are jam packed, if there's even a few EVs ahead of you in a queue, each doing 20min-half hour at least (likely more) that's too long of a queue for the fast charger. 

I wonder if a system of automatic battery exchange will evolve. Park on the spots and all done mechanically. Two minutes, in & out.

38 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Only you are being silly, as nobody is suggesting ending the use of petrochemical products.   Just another of your silly apple & oranges comparisons.

Try starting your ICE without a battery ... that's how silly sound.

Its Good to see that your finally admitting that your EV isn't as green as you like to make out

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

To be fair, La does not claim his EV is green, he only claims that he likes it, and that it saves him a lot of money. 

..........and his prestigious British MG badge....????................????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

See above

????.....Your 'aving a laugh....????

Now I live in what you would call the sticks, but after having a weee count up I can think of 6 fuel stations within 5 minutes of me.

As of yet, I do not know of any electric charge places, there might be, but never seen a big pointing sign showing the way.

In the early days of ICE's it was exactly the same, few fill up points, so I look at you lot as pioneers, as we will all be driving and flying in electric.

But for me, I am not one of you pioneers, plus I would never buy a Chinese MG.

But there is a ray of light for Mr. Morris, an electric J van, made in UK is nigh....:clap2:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 14.21.09.png

And that (PlugShare), along with Charge Loma app aren't even up to date, as didn't show a few while we were O&A lately.  

And so many more coming online, impressive.

36 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And that (PlugShare), along with Charge Loma app aren't even up to date, as didn't show a few while we were O&A lately.  

And so many more coming online, impressive.

Do they have tables and chairs, with snack bars and drinks available for the charging wait, or even karaoke set-ups.....?    :intheclub:

1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 14.21.09.png

Impressive cartoon, now give us the actual figures, with charge points at each location.

I think in LOS there are around 20,000 gas stations, and we know each gas station must have at least a dozen pumps for a 2-minute refill....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Impressive cartoon, now give us the actual figures, with charge points at each location.

I think in LOS there are around 20,000 gas stations, and we know each gas station must have at least a dozen pumps for a 2-minute refill....????

Let me answer with a word, and the word is

ADEQUATE

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, transam said:

charging wait, or even karaoke set-ups.....?    :intheclub:

I've been driving EV's for 2 years now, I've used 2 CS's for about 30 minutes in total.

I haven't been filling up with petrol every week so I've saved about 104*3 = 312 minutes

I have had a nett saving of 282 minutes, almost 5 hours I haven't had to hang around refueling a car.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

As of 22nd May 2023 there were more than 4,628 CS's in Thailand

Much more than ADEQUATE, more like ABUNDANCE

Probably nearer 6,000 than 5,000 now.

@transam

Our recent O&A, 13-23 July, and passed a lot more CSs than we used.  Never needing to leave the road to find one.  All conveniently along the way.

image.png.30e070c0fe248b2eae10418967b3528a.png

Same with going to these few locations, during last month's O&As, June and this July.

june july.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I've been driving EV's for 2 years now, I've used 2 CS's for about 30 minutes in total.

I haven't been filling up with petrol every week so I've saved about 104*3 = 312 minutes

I have had a nett saving of 282 minutes, almost 5 hours I haven't had to hang around refueling a car.

So...........You are not everybody..........????

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

@transam

Our recent O&A, 13-23 July, and passed a lot more CSs than we used.  Never needing to leave the road to find one.  All conveniently along the way.

image.png.30e070c0fe248b2eae10418967b3528a.png

Same with going to these few locations, during last month's O&A, June and this July.

june july.png

That is you on a trip, now what about a local guy wanting a charge, how far is the average distance between a charge station, we know that gas stations are planted very close together....

For you home charger chaps, what does it cost per month for "fuel" using PEA....

Just now, transam said:

That is you on a trip, now what about a local guy wanting a charge, how far is the average distance between a charge station, we know that gas stations are planted very close together....

For you home charger chaps, what does it cost per month for "fuel" using PEA....

Generally, local guys don't need to charge locally, I never have.

It costs me 4.5 baht/unit approx to fill my car if not using solar, for the MG4 it's about 180 baht to go from 25% to 100% for a 50kwHr battery.  I don't think I've ever dropped below 25%.  Per month maybe 4 times that.