Pattaya Pharmacy

aldriglikvid

Hi, 

There are lots of Pharmacies out there and I wonder what names/chains I should look for to get a decent price but most importantly legit product? A friend told me about a chain/franchise that is "Orange" in it's brand but he couldn't remember the name. Any ideas of which one he might refer to? 

The orange one is Fascino and can be recommended. The one I use always offers alternatives or generics to what I ask for.

There is a Boots in Central festival, 3rd or 4th floor.

There is a pharmacy just at the corner where you drive into Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, which I can also recommend.

Otherwise get a prescription from Memorial, their pharmacy is much cheaper than BPH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fascino is my main choice of pharmacy but for non meds, the stuff shop side of counter tends to be expensive. Sometimes you stumble on a small pharmacy that gives good deals. I like to check the one on Buakhao by the top of soi honey

Edited by scubascuba3

I have been going to Ployfany Pharmacy recently.  It is located on Jomtien Beach Road.  The owner's name is Ploy and she is a pharmacist.  She is there most of the time.  Whenever available, she will suggest generics (with big price difference compared to brand names) for me to consider.

I have also gone to Save Drug and Boots.  They are chains and have locations in many malls.  You can find Save Drug at the basement of Central Festival, or in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.  Boots can be found on the third floor and basement of Central Festival, in Terminal 21, and many major malls.

Here is the google map location for Ployfany (if it doesn't work, you can search for Ployfany Pharmacy on Google Map):

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d3889.3005232999712!2d100.8742285499631!3d12.88838729086584!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x3102974594fa49c9%3A0x6f97e0dfc5376a74!2zUExPWUZBTlkgUEhBUk1BQ1kgKOC4o-C5ieC4suC4meC4ouC4suC4nuC4peC4reC4ouC4n-C4suC4meC4teC5iCDguJ_guLLguKPguYzguKHguLLguIvguLUpIOiNr-W6lyDQkNC_0YLQtdC60LA!5e0!3m2!1sen!2sus!4v1641868238706!5m2!1sen!2sus" width="400" height="300" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy"></iframe>

There is not a Pharmacy to beat the prices ( that i have found) of MEDISAFE, this is an online Pharmacy based in Bangkok, you can contact them via Facebook, they all speak excellent English, they will take your order online  then give you the quote,  & deliver to you home address  One time per Month, the only downside of Medisafe is they cannot give you a delivery "time"  so  it means staying home all  of that delivery date, sometimes im lucky and get a 09.00 delivery,  another month it will be  18.00 hrs

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, actonion said:

There is not a Pharmacy to beat the prices ( that i have found) of MEDISAFE, this is an online Pharmacy based in Bangkok, you can contact them via Facebook, they all speak excellent English, they will take your order online  then give you the quote,  & deliver to you home address  One time per Month, the only downside of Medisafe is they cannot give you a delivery "time"  so  it means staying home all  of that delivery date, sometimes im lucky and get a 09.00 delivery,  another month it will be  18.00 hrs

Cash on delivery

All very helpful comments - thanks a lot! 

On a adjacent topic: what's the "route" to get a prescription in Thailand? Let's say I can produce a copy of a prescription from my home country for a non-narcotic medicine, what's my way forward? It seems somewhat over the top (and expensive) to book an appointment with a doctor at a hospital, right? 

Thanks again! 

6 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Fascino is my main choice of pharmacy but for non meds, the stuff shop side of counter tends to be expensive. Sometimes you stumble on a small pharmacy that gives good deals. I like to check the one on Buakhao by the top of soi honey

I've usually gotten very fair prices at the pharmacy on Soi Diana, about 30 meters down from the Subway shop on the corner.

59 minutes ago, actonion said:

Medisafe's service and prices are excellent but be careful, the guy who takes the orders online can be really touchy.  I had a minor dispute with them and the guy got really pissy and banned me.  The fact that I'd been a regular customer for a year made no difference.

11 minutes ago, dddave said:

I've usually gotten very fair prices at the pharmacy on Soi Diana, about 30 meters down from the Subway shop on the corner.

Yes good shop, but been closed for several months, lady was up the duff again, she said will open again after covid, hope so

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

All very helpful comments - thanks a lot! 

On a adjacent topic: what's the "route" to get a prescription in Thailand? Let's say I can produce a copy of a prescription from my home country for a non-narcotic medicine, what's my way forward? It seems somewhat over the top (and expensive) to book an appointment with a doctor at a hospital, right? 

Thanks again! 

Thailand does not really have a prescription system as such. The vast majority of medications can be bought at a pharmacy, no prescription needed - this includes antibiotics, heart medications etc i.e. things that would be prescription only in your home country.

For the few things that are prescription only (mainly narcotics and some psychotropics) you not only have to see a doctor at a hospital but also fill the prescription at the hospital pharmacy.

If you post the name of the medication(s) I will confirm if available over the counter and also the local brand names

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, dddave said:

Medisafe's service and prices are excellent but be careful, the guy who takes the orders online can be really touchy.  I had a minor dispute with them and the guy got really pissy and banned me.  The fact that I'd been a regular customer for a year made no difference.

Thank you, interesting to know that..... i understand there are 4 people who take the orders  i think i must have got the one you talk about he gave me a wrong quote,  when i disputed it  he said i must have misread, until i sent him a screenshot  of our conversation

Siam Pharmacy in Korat and BKK is the cheapest I have found. There is a pretty good pharmacy up the street from Terminal 21, but on one thing it was 700 baht more than Siam. You can order with them on LINE, but you need to be accurate on what you want, good to have a Thai wife/girlfriend helping you. Delivered in a few days. The things I buy are not prescription things, mainly supplements. Hospital charged me 1,200 baht for a special shampoo, at Siam it was 150 baht…yikes!

On 1/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, Jingthing said:

I would trust

Fascino the best

Boots

P and F chain

Hospitals are very overpriced.

Luckily i am under Chonburi heart hospital,my meds are super cheap compared to even farcino,3 months supply of 6 meds 1600 baht,,get registered with a good govt hospital ,also i am under Queen Sirakit for cataract ,i get ganfort eye drops for eye pressure 790 baht for one month ,farcino 1500 baht ,bangkok pattaye 2500 baht.

• 1 year later...
On 1/11/2022 at 11:19 AM, dddave said:

The same has happened to  me  ... really touchy guy  got angry when i disputed prices  and blocked me 

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

I often use the small Fascino shop in the South Pattaya Road opposite the temple. Best go to Google Maps and search "Fascino Pattaya".

Fascino is my goto pharmacy for most standard drugs but they can be expensive, for example a 50 Box of Dechamp electrolytes 300 baht, a pharmacy on Buakhao or Lazada 200 baht