Day 5/6 Testing Shambles

KhaoYai

My apologies if this has already been covered - not had a lot of time for the forum since I got back to Thailand.

My experience on the Day 5/6 testing here is that it is a complete shambles - at least it is in Pak Chong.

Firstly you are given a pink slip at the airport and told to take it to the hospital - no mention of where to go or that the day you arrive is day 0.  OK so that's not too difficult but maybe a little more problematic for a real tourist.

So I go to the Pak Chong Nana Hospital on Day 5 - special testing area in a converted market next door.  Nobody around, finally learned that testing had finished for the day - come back tomorrow at 2.30pm. 'Anyway, you not need it yet, changed to day 7 now', first I'd heard of that. Next day (now day 6) I go at 2.15pm to be told testing had finished for the day - 'doctor go home'. 'You come back tomorrow - 8.00am to 12pm'.  OK, next morning I go back, only to be told that testing would start at 1pm. Back home, few jobs done and go back at 1pm. 'Testing start at 2pm' - I ask if she's sure as I'm getting tired of going back and forth - I'm told not to complain because its free and she's sure. I ask her if she thinks tourists would be happy with this service, free or otherwise - blank look. So I just wait and finally got my test done at 3.15pm.  They took my phone number but nobody called me.  I went back a few days later and found I was negative.

As for the Morchana App, what a load of rubbish, the steps I'm asked to take won't complete and it tells me I now have 5 notifications.  Tap on 'notifications' nothing there.

Compared to the system when you arrive in Bangkok and a taxi takes you from the airport to the testing centre - tested within 5 minutes, this is a complete shambles.

Only one thing I'd say about Bangkok, they don't know the rules.  I asked them if my result would be back within 6 hours - as per the government advice and they told me a minimum of 12 hours. In any case, my result came back after6 1/2 hours and I got out of Dodge before someone I'd been sitting near tested positive.