41-year-old man dead in Sri Racha after falling off of the back of a truck carrying concrete blocks

webfact

8793-768x432.jpg

By Goong Nang(GN)

Sri Racha –  A 41-year-old man died after falling from the back of a truck carrying concrete blocks and being struck by another truck in Sri Racha this afternoon (January 11th). 

The Sri Racha Police was notified of the accident at 3:00 P.M. on the Nine Kilo Road in the Surasak sub-district.

Emergency responders arrived at the scene to find a truck that had been carrying concrete blocks on the road.

Nearby, they found the body of Mr. Udom Saemarak, 41, from Buriram. He had suffered fatal injuries after being struck and run over by a second truck.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2022/01/11/41-year-old-man-dead-in-sri-racha-after-falling-off-of-the-back-of-a-truck-carrying-concrete-blocks/

PattayaNews.jpg

-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2022-01-12

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Obviously the Sri Richards news reporters are all in the bars as it seems that every death, accident or major crime that occurs in Pattaya involves the Pattaya press travelling with the police, maybe its a job share scheme. If only they took some posters from here with them, their solved rate would rocket. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First of all I hope the deceased RIP.  Unfortunately I see people doing unsafe acts here everyday.  Riding in back of trucks, especially pickups.  People riding motorbikes not wearing helmets. You are even allowed to ride a motor taxi and not wear a helmet. I even see contractors doing unsafe acts. 
The police should enforce things more when it comes to safety. But the blame falls mainly on the individual doing the unsafe act. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

Obviously the Sri Richards news reporters are all in the bars as it seems that every death, accident or major crime that occurs in Pattaya involves the Pattaya press travelling with the police, maybe its a job share scheme. If only they took some posters from here with them, their solved rate would rocket. ????

Hey! Nothing wrong with that. Haven´t you heard that ride-sharing is environmentally friendly?

3 hours ago, Sudarut said:
3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Once again the Police are also partly at fault here for allowing the practice of riding on the back of a trucks without any form of protection.

Govern me harder please daddy.

Yep, then less people would die a pointless death. You sound like one of many who like to live in Thailand because it's attractive to not have to try too hard to lead a responsible life. Lower standards appeal. Just guessing.

I assume you condone this too?

Road Safety 1.jpg

• Haha 1

It must have been a big hole to make a heavily laden truck jerk so hard. 

How many deaths and accidents do they cause by drivers hitting or swerving suddenly to avoid them? Yet the authorities responsible seem to view them as unimportant and not urgent. Part of the blame for this death lies with them. 

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yep, then less people would die a pointless death. You sound like one of many who like to live in Thailand because it's attractive to not have to try too hard to lead a responsible life. Lower standards appeal. Just guessing.

I assume you condone this too?

Road Safety 1.jpg

I most certainly do not condone this kind of transporting lives why would you assume that I would?

4 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Once again the Police are also partly at fault here for allowing the practice of riding on the back of a trucks without any form of protection.

Kind of, but it's really a socio-cultural issue.  There are more people that could change things than just the police.  You could argue that nobody considers it to be dangerous or that the police should be all over it.  You can't really expect just one element of a society to suddenly become concerned about an issue that no one else even thinks about.  This applies to many things in Thailand that foreign people view as dangerous or harmful.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Kind of, but it's really a socio-cultural issue.  There are more people that could change things than just the police.  You could argue that nobody considers it to be dangerous or that the police should be all over it.  You can't really expect just one element of a society to suddenly become concerned about an issue that no one else even thinks about.  This applies to many things in Thailand that foreign people view as dangerous or harmful.

This is not only at the doorstep of the police, it is also against the law and as such the police are supposed to uphold the law or do you think a band of vigilantes would be best 

1 minute ago, Geoffggi said:

This is not only at the doorstep of the police, it is also against the law and as such the police are supposed to uphold the law or do you think a band of vigilantes would be best 

The law doesn't mean an awful lot in Thailand.  There are many laws that if the police started to enforce there would be public outcry and superiors would tell their officers not to enforce those laws again, but they would remain on the books.

Society as a whole bears responsibility for a lot of what happens in Thailand.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The law doesn't mean an awful lot in Thailand.  There are many laws that if the police started to enforce there would be public outcry and superiors would tell their officers not to enforce those laws again, but they would remain on the books.

Society as a whole bears responsibility for a lot of what happens in Thailand.

So please enlighten everyone on how the country should proceed ........... there has to be a basic rule other than what the Hi-So's want

18 minutes ago, Broken Record said:

If you donated a mini bus, I'm sure they'd be grateful.

You miss the point. The school, the parents and the police ignore such a mode of travel. Instead of a pick-up they could use what is probably a cheaper and safer 'bus' like this. Of course, they'd overload it to make it just as dangerous as there is a zero appreciation of safety. 939295498_RoadSafety2.jpg.36fdf5e89b44f7dfa6dd29aa0d1d4d18.jpg

Edited by Bangkok Barry

4 hours ago, bdenner said:

Well at least the driver must have seen the action with all those mirrors blocking his forward vision = IDIOTS.

From the full article, which you obviously didn't bother to read:

'I honked my horn repeatedly to notify the concrete truck driver as he did not realize that someone fell from the truck.” Teerawat stated to TPN media'.

In what way do the mirrors block the driver's forward vision?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

<Snip>

In what way do the mirrors block the driver's forward vision?

Look at the photo again!!!! I'm guessing at least 20% of both right and left forward peripheral vision is blocked. AND I wasn't interested in reading the whole article as we see this negligence on a daily bases here!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, bdenner said:

Look at the photo again!!!! I'm guessing at least 20% of both right and left forward peripheral vision is blocked. AND I wasn't interested in reading the whole article as we see this negligence on a daily bases here!!!!!!

Peripheral vision is not forward vision. And if you're so not interested, why bother to comment at all?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You miss the point. The school, the parents and the police ignore such a mode of travel. Instead of a pick-up they could use what is probably a cheaper and safer 'bus' like this. Of course, they'd overload it to make it just as dangerous as there is a zero appreciation of safety. 939295498_RoadSafety2.jpg.36fdf5e89b44f7dfa6dd29aa0d1d4d18.jpg

You do realize you're in an Asian developing Nation and not Switzerland right ?

Edited by Broken Record

5 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I most certainly do not condone this kind of transporting lives why would you assume that I would?

Because the RTP routinely use their own marked pickups to transport themselves and arrestees unsecured so it must be safe and legal......????

• Like 1