Why Do Isaan Girls Make Such Great Wives

Guest Isaanlife

On 1/12/2022 at 12:45 PM, CharlieH said:

I think its Thai women in general, thats why there are so many of us married to them.

I believe they meet the criteria and attitude of what we believe a "wife" should be, and totally the opposite to what many (most?) of us encountered and left behind in the West. ????

This ^^^ Charlie really nailed it.

Some of course not all but some if your lucky & are married to one will make you happy ever after

They work hard, respect you always even when you don't deserve it & always are there to help or take care of the one they love

They really are as unconditional as I have ever known

17 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I know only one guy who tells anyone who asks, I met my wife in a bar. She was a bar girl. It is quite impressive. I know another who met his woman in the Nana Plaza disco, when she had likely been working the bars and the streets for a very long 15 years or so. He made up a whole backstory, about her uni degree, her exceptional level of intelligence, etc. It was all quite amusing, knowing where he met her, knowing she was already pushing 36, and likely had been in the "trade" for a long, long time.  

And tell us, us she what everyone think a big is when in a relationship? 

Have met a few on my way, and what I can tell from experience seeing their afterlife, they make as good as any other Woman, and in some case better! 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Together for three days before marrying. Been together for 16 years.

Doesn't drink or smoke (cigarettes).

She cuts my hair, gives me a manicure and pedicure and even showers me.

Cooks, cleans, irons, shops, does the laundry and...believe it or not....has just built and paid for (out of her own money)..... a three bed house for us both to live in.

26 years younger than me, never asked for penny for herself or her family.

Still very slim and very pretty.

What's not to like?

My wife works, has her own money, I have mine, have been together 14 years, 5 as GF, 9 as man and wife. I do my own cooking, but if she comes into the kitchen when I am cooking, she always takes over, if I am peeling potatoes, or preparing any other food, she has to do it. Not an Issan girl, but still upcountry, no difference at all.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JRG23 said:

I disagree. My Isaan ex-wife was a complete disaster.

Came from a good family, with money and land etc.

Ex-wife was a qualified lawyer, with a long list of academic qualifications.

Had a good job in Bangkok.

But a nightmare wife - lazy, dishonest, unloyal, and crazy.

We divorced a long time ago.

I remarried a bar girl (not from Isaan) and she has been brilliant for nearly two decades.

A friend of mine who I have known for not long after I came here has been married to a girl who worked in a Pattaya bar, yes, an ex bargirl for more than 20 years, and they are still very happy together.

Another friend of mine, a bit younger than me, who I also met not long after I came here married an ex bargirl 10 years older than himself, he did not meet her in a bar, had 2 children together, and are still happy together.

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 8:34 AM, Hummin said:

I think she look better than many of the other posted in that thread. But thats me, and I also had good experiences with women at her size to. 

That is my ideal woman. M

On 1/13/2022 at 8:34 AM, Hummin said:

I think she look better than many of the other posted in that thread. But thats me, and I also had good experiences with women at her size to. 

My ideal woman, I do like some meat on the bone.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

One of the sillier statements I've ever read.  Most Thais I know are quite flush, much more so than myself, and I'm far from skint.

I don't know what circles you move in; however, the average income in my GF's village is 2500 - 3000 baht/month, and the vehicles there are usually bought on finance. My GF's father has never owned more than a bicycle. Until I came along with four wheels, he had never been outside the village and surrounding rice fields.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I don't know what circles you move in; however, the average income in my GF's village is 2500 - 3000 baht/month, and the vehicles there are usually bought on finance. My GF's father has never owned more than a bicycle. Until I came along with four wheels, he had never been outside the village and surrounding rice fields.

Yeah, I give my MiL 3Kbht/month not to live with us and watch the family farm.

She's the wealthiest woman in the village.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Less than 100 baht a day.  Don't know anyone who would work for less than 400 a day.   Yes, we travel in different circles.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I do what I feel makes me sleep better at night and my wife is the closest person to me who I love dearly, that said, why the hell would I want her to look after my finances when tomorrow she could disappear or gamble my money away, not her character at all, but as the old saying goes; money changes people.

I can still remember being told by a lawyer when I was drawing up my will " Money brings out the worst in people".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Less than 100 baht a day.  Don't know anyone who would work for less than 400 a day.   Yes, we travel in different circles.

Go back to the adjective I used: AVERAGE . When villagers are working in the rice fields, they get 300 baht a day. Or 250 baht/day if they are women.

The rice doesn't need tending every day. Perhaps you have only seen it on a supermarket floor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

Go back to the adjective I used: AVERAGE . When villagers are working in the rice fields, they get 300 baht a day. Or 250 baht/day if they are women.

The rice doesn't need tending every day. Perhaps you have only seen it on a supermarket floor.

I've lived the village, bout the ex FiL his rice milling machine, 20 yrs ago, and that was the wages ... then.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Still is.

When I left Udon Thani, 16 kms away (NaDi), so village life, house surrounded by farms, 4 yrs ago, couldn't get people to work for 300 baht a day, to just tend to the yard, cut grass and trim.   With a lawn mower & weed wacker.  Not even much labor into it.

Where are you guys  ... 

Untitled.png

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

When I left Udon Thani, 16 kms away (NaDi), so village life, house surrounded by farms, 4 yrs ago, couldn't get people to work for 300 baht a day, to just tend to the yard, cut grass and trim.   With a lawn mower & weed wacker.  Not even much labor into it.

Where are you guys  ... 

Untitled.png

Try reading what's under my nom-de-plume.

Three days ago, there was a small truckload of soil from the rice fields that needed distributing over my GF's garden. Her nephew came and did it, about 4 hours' hard work. Gave him 200 baht, he thought it was Christmas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Can I have her phone number please.

Got to admit having re-read the post I have a much greater appreciation of her and how unbelievably lucky I have been.

She is even researching how to take care of me as I get older......ramps, shower seats, bath handles....and it's not as if she will inherit a great deal....she'll be comfortable, but no more than that.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

My wife works, has her own money, I have mine, have been together 14 years, 5 as GF, 9 as man and wife. I do my own cooking, but if she comes into the kitchen when I am cooking, she always takes over, if I am peeling potatoes, or preparing any other food, she has to do it. Not an Issan girl, but still upcountry, no difference at all.

Ha.....if I had a complaint it is that I am starting to feel inferior.....I am allowed to dry dishes and put stuff away, anything else and she either takes over or does it all again.

I have yet to make my side of the bed without her then coming around to my side to 'sort it out'.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Your comment shows how clueless you are.

Doesn't show how clueless I am, shows how clueless the people y'all employ are.  100 a day is 1/3 of the minimum wage, at the lowest scale provinces.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Never heard a woman got less than men in those districts where I have experienced work on rice fields. The minimum wages around us 300 a day including a meal (breakfast sometimes to) cold water and one energy drink a day. Experienced laubours up to 600 a day, no meals for those.

Parents and auntie we pay 400 a day for easy maintenance work around the farm. The more heavy work we hire village people.

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

there is a difference between someone who rents accomodation and lives off the wages he receives and someone who lives on a farm and makes cash income from selling produce or doint odd jobs.  The comparison should be how much disposable income does each have, or would have if they lived in a similar style?  I would suggest basic accomodation, food and transport in Bangkok costs at least 250-300 Baht a day, so 400 per day and 3k per month are equivalent.

8 hours ago, possum1931 said:

From what I have seen from farangs in the 14 years I have been here, who I have known for years, still know or who have died, moved away elsewhere, who have obvious drinking problems, I would say about 50%.

With all these alcohol sale restrictions and Buddha days, I'd say more than 50% , ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most responders seem to be well satisfied with their Isaan wife.  Is her behaviour intrinsic or because of you?  Do her neighbours behave the same towards their Thai husbands or does marrying a farang bring qudos and advantages?  How many rich Thai men who marry a village girl go and live in her village, allowing her to show the others how well she has done, not just materially but also finding a man who looks after her, and looking after her family.   

Guest Isaanlife
7 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If the choice is to eat or not to eat, people will work for what ever they can get.

In our village, most don't have any transportation.

Manual labors get rounded up in a big truck to go to the fields to work.

They get paid what ever they get paid. 

Something is better than nothing when you are poor.

Not too many jobs in rural Isaan

isaan.png

Edited by Isaanlife

Guest Isaanlife
6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Where are you guys  ... 

Untitled.png

out here

isaan.png

Guest Isaanlife
3 hours ago, thaibook said:

there is a difference between someone who rents accomodation and lives off the wages he receives and someone who lives on a farm and makes cash income from selling produce or doint odd jobs.  The comparison should be how much disposable income does each have, or would have if they lived in a similar style?  I would suggest basic accomodation, food and transport in Bangkok costs at least 250-300 Baht a day, so 400 per day and 3k per month are equivalent.

What does Bangkok costs have to do with Isaan?

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, thaibook said:

Most responders seem to be well satisfied with their Isaan wife.  Is her behaviour intrinsic or because of you?  Do her neighbours behave the same towards their Thai husbands or does marrying a farang bring qudos and advantages?  How many rich Thai men who marry a village girl go and live in her village, allowing her to show the others how well she has done, not just materially but also finding a man who looks after her, and looking after her family.   

Rich Thai men don't marry village girls in Isaan.

Do you know why skin whiteners are a 20 billion dollar business in Thailand?

Ask the the rich Thai men?

Guest Isaanlife
1 hour ago, thaibook said:

Post duplicated for some strange reason?

Edited by Isaanlife

9 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

Rich Thai men don't marry village girls in Isaan.

Do you know why skin whiteners are a 20 billion dollar business in Thailand?

Ask the the rich Thai men?

That is not a truth anymore. Thai people also marry now for love and as every where else in the world, old practice getting outdated. Village girls also go to university togehter with rich people these days. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 2