Anutin rants on marijuana: He says people are free to grow it - law says it's NOT a narcotic - promises to defend anyone arrested

webfact

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Still he was adamant that people were free to grow the plant for medicinal use providing it had less than 0.2% THC. 

Yeah, I don't even think this is accurate.

Yes, some may be free to grow sub-0.2% THC plants, provided they get permission, licenses, and are subject to oversight, inspection, testing, prosecution.

This is so very odd, even for anutin and thailand.

Free entertainment I guess.

Watching one of thailand's best and brightest  (ok Hofstra isn't even the Harvard of Long Island, ADR to any alum here) flame out publicly does evoke a chuckle.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, sleepwalker999 said:

Who the <deleted> wants to grow weed with less than 0.2 THC what is this <deleted> horse<deleted>? Just legalize the bloody stuff and people make money with it through legitimate businesses.

That's hemp. For the other oils I guess.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RandiRona said:

I hope he starts a new department like TAT and name it as PAT... Pot authority of Thailand.....we need a new revolution ....Mugger AKA Marijuana Hugger. :stoner:

Thai Times, not High Times magazine....

• Haha 2

Well he's got my backing now:  Anutin For PM!!!

Of course, this isn't New York so as a foreigner I can't vote.

I like the theme:  "A chicken in every pot, and six pots of pot in every home."
I'll convince my family that he's our man!!!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

So; now it's Anutin the great 'Public Defender'; Lawyer, Barrister and all.   Is there anything this Man can't do ?  He should obviously be the next Prime Minister after the next Rigged Election !

(Honorary) Dr. Anutin Charnvirakul, Esquire

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The "intent of the law was to make it free to grow" he insisted. The interpretation of the law was another matter. 

But the intent as seen by HiSo lawyers is to take away millions of Baht in legal business. I don’t think they will back down without a fight. 

• Like 1

Some apartment buildings are already MJ friendly and allow a few plants on the balcony. Never enough to satisfy the personal use issue but one can get by. We should all be happy and thank the current Government for their progressive attitudes on kratom and cannabis. Wish them luck on their National Heritage certifications and look forward to the green flash at sundown in 2022!