Anutin rants on marijuana: He says people are free to grow it - law says it's NOT a narcotic - promises to defend anyone arrested

webfact

8 hours ago, petermik said:

open mouth and foot enters...does this chap ever learn...ohh forget that...its a pointless question.

Lets face it. He can pretty much say what he wants as the public can't criticize him for it in public. Same as you can no longer criticize the police, unless you want to spend a year in jail.

8 hours ago, Broken Record said:

He's a Thai Billionaire, Deputy Prime Minister, Health Minister and has a lot of power in the country we choose to reside in.

He's a good guy in real life and only negative stories that are cherrypicked to generate hits are bandied about on social media platforms.

If you people met him in real life, you'd be falling over yourselves to praise him and adorn him with compliments to curry favor.

He's a good guy in reality and you shouldn't be so quick to pour scorn on everything he does, it's not easy to be in his position.

Wait till Bigus Dickus hears about this.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Broken Record said:

He's a Thai Billionaire, Deputy Prime Minister, Health Minister and has a lot of power in the country we choose to reside in.

He's a good guy in real life and only negative stories that are cherrypicked to generate hits are bandied about on social media platforms.

If you people met him in real life, you'd be falling over yourselves to praise him and adorn him with compliments to curry favor.

He's a good guy in reality and you shouldn't be so quick to pour scorn on everything he does, it's not easy to be in his position.

No doubt you also have nothing but praise for his snow white buddies in Buriram.

Bad times are coming so this is why they legalize marijuana to drug people and shut them up.  30% of people who try marijuana will become daily smokers and addicts.

In Canada the number of drug addicts has sky rocketed since legalization.  It sends the message that drug use is good and viable solution to life. It is misinformation.

• Confused 1

Does this mean that farmers can only use hemp seeds as any normal ganja seed will surely be over that 0.2 THC limit, and the farmer won't know the strength, so he'll be automatically breaking the law? ???? Even the brick here has to be at least 5%

Edited by Dumbfounded

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand is already moving backwards at a breakneck pace. If he became the next PM, that would mean the economy would likely sink to #85, or lower, in the world, and Thailand would continue it's rapid march toward mass poverty, and total irrelevance. Let us all hope and pray you are wrong. Woe is Thailand if a nitwit like that even became a PM. 

It's a done deal.

What differentiates a developing country from a third world country is its middle class.

The middle class in Thailand is being entirely stripped out.  It is by plan. Not by accident.  Covid was just what they needed to accelerate the process.  Yes.  Thailand is regressing back to a feudal serfdom.  And at a pace far quicker than most realize.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, sleepwalker999 said:

Who the <deleted> wants to grow weed with less than 0.2 THC what is this <deleted> horse<deleted>? Just legalize the bloody stuff and people make money with it through legitimate businesses.

is .2% even possible? even the old school weed from the 70s was more like 5%, and everything now is more like 15%. Anutin must be confusing marijuana with hemp! I thought the MInister of Health would know the difference, then I remembered he is a building contractor with no medical experience!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

"Still he was adamant that people were free to grow the plant for medicinal use providing it had less than 0.2% THC.  "

Is 0.2% considered to be a high concentration of THC?

typical for over-the-counter cbd oil, he is confusing hemp with marijuana which has more like 15%+

The big problem with all these mind-altering substances... is that they're mind-altering.

For example : drive under the influence of one and kill everything that moves, go out with your gun and play like in Doom. fun activities.

legalizing murder isn't a problem, I was on hallucinogens...it wasn't me!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Don Chance said:

In Canada the number of drug addicts has sky rocketed since legalization. 

Yeah, without some sort of detail this statement is spurious at best. And is ignored.

15 hours ago, Don Chance said:

It sends the message that drug use is good and viable solution to life. It is misinformation.

And yet, this misinformation failed to convince you.

The force must be strong with you.

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand is already moving backwards at a breakneck pace. If he became the next PM, that would mean the economy would likely sink to #85, or lower, in the world, and Thailand would continue it's rapid march toward mass poverty, and total irrelevance. Let us all hope and pray you are wrong. Woe is Thailand if a nitwit like that even became a PM. 

Would 1000's of Farangs still be choosing to live here and to not go back to their own countries. Answer = Yes

I'm talking about Farangs who have a choice, not those who have run out of money or living on a dwindling pension, have to leave because they know that if they get a serious illness they wouldn't have no means to pay for hospital treatment, they don't count, they don't have a choice.

I don't know anyone not one person who had ample funds who decided to leave Thailand and go back to the U.K., strange that on anonymous Internet forums they are there to be found, I don't believe them, but I guess those that want to believe, will believe, but I have been here a very long time, and only those with no choice have gone back to drab and dreary U.K., some ended up in a Thai jail taking risks just to be able to stay, others ran out of friends and favors when the " I'm getting money sent over soon, can you lend me some till then" ceased to get results.

Friendless and potless, they blamed Thailand and Thai people for every mistake they had made, when in reality it wasn't Thailand that they hated, it was themselves they hated, hated themselves for the terrible decisions they made that had landed themselves in the mess they were in.

• Confused 1

On 1/13/2022 at 11:19 AM, Broken Record said:

You on the bongs mate ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Broken Record said:

Would 1000's of Farangs still be choosing to live here and to not go back to their own countries. Answer = Yes

I'm talking about Farangs who have a choice, not those who have run out of money or living on a dwindling pension, have to leave because they know that if they get a serious illness they wouldn't have no means to pay for hospital treatment, they don't count, they don't have a choice.

I don't know anyone not one person who had ample funds who decided to leave Thailand and go back to the U.K., strange that on anonymous Internet forums they are there to be found, I don't believe them, but I guess those that want to believe, will believe, but I have been here a very long time, and only those with no choice have gone back to drab and dreary U.K., some ended up in a Thai jail taking risks just to be able to stay, others ran out of friends and favors when the " I'm getting money sent over soon, can you lend me some till then" ceased to get results.

Friendless and potless, they blamed Thailand and Thai people for every mistake they had made, when in reality it wasn't Thailand that they hated, it was themselves they hated, hated themselves for the terrible decisions they made that had landed themselves in the mess they were in.

Wrong. Dead wrong. I like it here. But, if I were in a strong financial position, where a far higher cost of living was not an issue, my Thai wife and I would leave in a nanosecond. 

A mass exodus is currently taking place. A friend of mine uses a foreign lawyer in Bangkok, who is one of the top attorneys around, said his office cannot find enough hours in the day to meet with expats who are leaving, with their Thai spouse or family, and dealing with wills and legal arrangements for their remaining Thai families, properties, etc. 

He said he has never seen anything like it, in the 30 years he has been in practice here. 

Woe is Thailand. Where is the hope for the future? The dinosaur creeps are moving this nation backwards at a breakneck pace. Truly regressive reptilian leadership.

1. Overall, a declining quality of life.

2. An oppressive government that was not sincere about letting go of power. Ever.

3. High prices on most import goods and wine. Crappy selection of beer.

4. Rampant xenophobic on the part of the goons and immigration.

5. A nation in reverse. No hope for a better future here.

6. Extreme timidity and destruction of the economy, many lives and businesses. Please, don't blame Covid. That is only one element.

7. Little in the way of good education available for kids.

8. The sanitization of Thai society, the elimination of anything that resembles character, and the tired, insincere, increasingly fake purity campaigns.

9. The continued environmental destruction and worsening air quality, coupled with no intent of effort to fix anything.

10. The worsening dependence on China. Will Thailand eventually be a communist colony?

Shall I go on?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1