Over a hundred customers reportedly flee during late night Pattaya police raid on alleged entertainment venue posing as an “art gallery” in Jomtien

webfact

Just now, jacko45k said:

Bloody right... keeping you away aren't they mate......????

They are indeed.. Sod the economy or the local people loosing their living huh ????

It's time to start living with this.. The old people like you should be jabbed and protected by now. 

4 minutes ago, LA8RAT said:

They are indeed.. Sod the economy or the local people loosing their living huh ????

It's time to start living with this.. The old people like you should be jabbed and protected by now. 

Can't get a booster yet. I may well have to go for some fun and get my immunity the natural way.

7 hours ago, fredscats said:

A joy to watch,cameras at the ready hopefully

No doubt this is evidence of how good they are from the article of a couple of days ago. Raiding bars, aprehending overstayers, "finding" large hauls of drugs. All acceptable police activities, however, perhaps they should focus on the more useful aspects of policinglike finding hit and run drivers who use their wealth to flee the country, control the traffic and enforce traffic regulations to reduce road deaths, actually investigating robberies and murders until the ACTUAL perpetrator is found, not just long enough to find a scapegoat. All of which would put themon a better standing with society than stomping over everyone's fun.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Can't get a booster yet. I may well have to go for some fun and get my immunity the natural way.

That sounds a much better option my friend, one can only hide behind the sofa for so long. 

For an old codger ????you always seemed healthy and active I'm sure you'll be fine. ????????????????

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

You see this action is merely putting peoples lives at risk from falls or road accidents ...................

definitely going to increase tourism...this is more like prohibition times in the US not modern day 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You didn't answer my question, so I'll take that as a no ????

Ok, I'll answer the question.

30 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you?

Yes.

5 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you? Anywhere else, where places are allowed to open, which is almost everywhere, they are also allowed to operate normal hours, not close at some time picked out of the air.

In Norway there is no drinking in bars or resurants, so the ridicoul exists outside Thailand to.

7 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

You see this action is merely putting peoples lives at risk from falls or road accidents ...................

They put themselves in danger by running away in panic mode.... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bendi said:

In Norway there is no drinking in bars or resurants, so the ridicoul exists outside Thailand to.

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. That was the point I was making. Open up or don't open at all, not dream up some arbitrary hours, which then change anyway. Norway obviously has more sense.

• Like 1

In ireland bars have to shut at 8pm some stay open a bit longer Police dont do stupid raids as seen here it is a health and safty issue people fleeing.

A police man will go in the next day warn the owner of a closure and suspend covid payment assistance.

But TIT bar raiding was always top of the policing list makes them look em stupid and amateurish to the out side world which they are

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. That was the point I was making. Open up or don't open at all, not dream up some arbitrary hours, which then change anyway. Norway obviously has more sense.

Last nigth he goverment told that from today bars/pubs/restaurants allowed to sell alcohol until 11 pm.Dont need to eat food there.We been closed almost a month here.80% first vaccine..76% second..38% booster now.

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thailand in regression once again. Cops seeking out people having a drink, just like in the USA 100 years ago. Adds to the tourist experience, I suppose. Or it would if there were any. Most though are sensible enough to stay far, far away.

Yes, the cops and organized criminals soon to be equipped with .45 caliber Tommy Guns and mowing down those poor suffering and innocent partiers. All joking aside, "sensible" is the key word. I don't claim to be an expert even after my many years here, but I think this was for show, to make an example of someone who misrepresented their business to get around the laws. For the last 3 weeks Soi Buakau and other places in Pattaya had all their bars and pubs open to 11pm. There was a recent announcement about crackdowns on those bending  the serving rules. This was no doubt in the works at the time of that announcement. Just my theory

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Cats and mice, catch me if you can games... CAN IT BE more ridiculous than this i wonder? has the police nothing better to do? no pride?... guess not...

I think they literally have a deluded notion about how this actually plays out in the press. In their minds they think this makes them look good, like real cops doing the job they're supposed to do - now don't laugh - which is to control Covid outbreaks. Certain phrases come to mind - nailing jello to a wall, whack a mole, etc. What happened to all those fun poses of cops pointing their fingers at things?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps you can explain to us why drinking is safe at 9pm but not safe at 10.30. I can't think if any other country where such a ridiculous rule exists. Can you? Anywhere else, where places are allowed to open, which is almost everywhere, they are also allowed to operate normal hours, not close at some time picked out of the air.

A Soldiers Government?? Says it all. No more brains than the average Somchai.

6 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

I thought you were all for the bars being open, and a free fot all to get through covid and get everything  open again.  One min your like wheres your statistics,  next min youre like, "They're  rammed."  So which is it.  You think the bars should be open spreading covid or not open?

Smedly was making an objective factual observation. I've been to Soi Buakau, and the bars there ARE rammed until 11pm closing every night. I was actually surprised to see it. That's not an opinion or viewpoint on what's best for public health. There's no argument to be had here. Don't know where your combativeness is coming from, maybe you need a drink or two. 

Edited by Jonathan Swift

It's going from ridiculous to bazaar. Markets are jammed every evening, dark damp smelly places with filthy floors, " oh that's ok, Covid doesn't go there" Covid only attacks after 9pm when people are drinking alcohol! 

I do think it's careless to gather in crowds in this pandemic but you should have a choice. However it's a night to remember, running from the police, jumping walls ect. Ha ha. I can remember years ago doing similar! 

• Like 1

It is a lawless society, there are really no laws, as an example jump on a bike with no helmet, thongs and singlet, ride on the the footpath or the wrong way on a one way Street, and you will see no one cares what you do, if police are there they won't even glance in your direction ,and yet hard working small business operators are targeted for the most ridiculous laws of any country that they actually enforce, if you watch thai rath channel 32, you will see a horror movie everyday, those crimes justify police action, but an honest small business owner?

• Like 2