Where get booster in Bangkok 5 months after two Pfizer shots?

david_je

The U.S. CDC recently shortened the interval to 5 months, from 6 months, and booster should be Pfizer or Moderna. That means I am due for booster first part of February. Does anyone know where in Bangkok they will give me Pfizer or Moderna at 5 months? Thank you for help. 

i walked in to bumrungrad to see what was going on there, reportedly they were doing walk in vax but that wasn't the case when i was there (december 30).  instead, i reserved a moderna shot by paying 1,650thb.  supposedly you can do this via their website as the lady at information desk there used my laptop to do it for me.  i could not navigate to the proper spot after being told i could do it on the website.  i think you have to look for the 'moderna package'.  this is supposed to arrive in late jan or early feb.  they recently received a batch but i didn't get a part of that.  i've had two pfizer and 8 months have passed since #2.

There are a few threads on this topic. We also got "Pfizered" in the US in early August and went looking for a booster here.  Bumrungrad still refuses to give an appointment (just vague timeline, possibly Q2) for Moderna so screw them.  BKK Hospital had Shopee vouchers for Moderna but now disappeared, so maybe sold out.

In the end we contacted Medpark via Line a couple of days ago. Next day got email instructions on how to book (bank transfer 1650 first) and appointment dates from 25 Jan onward.  Requested Jan 25, two days later got a call from a polite Filipino (obvious due to perfect English) and are now booked for the 25th.

Moral of the story, just book at Medpark and save the hassles...not worth 1650 baht (US$49) to register and wait in some government queue to get jabbed like cattle at a stadium. We personally prefer a Moderna booster after Pfizer, but your options would be more limited if you insist on Pfizer.

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

You could try registering at Bang Sue https://aseannow.com/topic/1246708-free-pfizer-booster-doses-still-available-at-bangkok’s-bang-sue-grand-station/

Not sure what their timing is for Pfizer-Pfizer-Pfizer but it cannot hurt to ask.

???? Booster shots at Bang Sue: AIS users can register here http://ais.th/vaccine. TRUE can register by calling *707# or here https://vaccine.trueid.net DTAC users can register using the DTAC app or here https://app.dtac.co.th/vaccine/index.html NT users can register here https://covid19vaccine.ntplc.co.th/CVC/home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1471355706703970304

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 12:44 PM, mtls2005 said:

It looks like thai authorities have adopted this five month interval for Pfizer 2X and Moderna 2X.

You're (I'm?) wrong.

As near as I can determine, still six months for Pfizer 2X boosters. Seems enforced at government options.

Private concerns will sell you Moderna, and inject you at less than six months.

2 hours ago, Jack 0009 said:

I tried to use the QueQ app but it does not seem to accept my Passport number as valid ID  

is this for Thai only?

No, works for foreigners, with passport numbers. Do you have a 13 digit thai vaccination number?

What location are you trying to register for? When was your Pfizer #2? You got that here in thailand?  It's registered? What date were you hoping to get a booster?

3 hours ago, Jack 0009 said:

I tried to use the QueQ app but it does not seem to accept my Passport number as valid ID  

is this for Thai only?

I'm not very sharp on this things so any help would be appreciated

You have to use the 13 digit Thai 'ID' that many people have been given after their first vaccination (in Thailand that is). I booked Thai-Japanese sports center (Din Daeng) via QueQ, appointment was yesterday in the time period 10-12 am. However, I arrived at gate 2 at 08.30. No need to wait, get a form (Thai language only), fill it in and sit at the section reserved for QueQ bookings (to the left when facing the building). You then go through three subsequent desks (which all seem to ask the same questions), got my vaccination at 09.30. Five minutes later it showed up in the Moh prom app! If you want a printed certificate (bai rap rong) be prepared for a long wait (they told this upfront). can take nearly an hour. This is in front of the waiting area where you are supposed to stay at least 15 min. If you got two AZ shots previously -like me- you will get Pfizer as the booster. It looks a bit like a zoo with many people hanging around outside, but actually it went quite well whith many smiling faces. Only problem for some is the lack of English instructions, forms; most of the staff will first ask if you can speak Thai .

Not sure if you can get a booster if your second Pfizer shot was 5 or less months ago, better check.

You can also just show up and walk in (que at the right).  

Edited by cormanr7
add sentences
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cormanr7 said:

You have to use the 13 digit Thai 'ID' that many people have been given after their first vaccination (in Thailand that is).

Thanks for this, and your entire report. Awesome info.

I did make it through to choosing a time block at Din Daeng using QueQ and my passport number - I didn't want to use my 13-digit thai vaccine ID number as it was more of a test.

Edited by mtls2005