Pfizer Boosters.

Graemej100

In yesterday's edition of Pattaya Mail they claimed that if one toddled off down to Pattaya Gardens one could get a Pfizer booster between 11.00 and 15.00 hours - so, today I did just that. 
10.30 am I am in line on Pattaya Garden's steps, on Beach Rd., excitedly awaiting the opening. 
Doors open and we are herded, ten persons at a time - unless you were some stray Thai, and there were a number of them, who wondered up to the doorman, who was conducting the Advance into El Alamein, and seemed to be able to be whisked through very quickly - to get into another line to, presumably register for the booster.
This line crept, crawled, incredible slow - if I had of had my camp oven with me I would have had enough time to boil the billy and roast a leg of lamb - to the registration area. 
Here a very large uniformed woman with with a badge proclaiming "Special Affairs" (the mind boggles, but no thanks) on her sleeve. She looks at my double jab Pfizer vaccination certificate and proclaims "No have! Go to Bang Lamung."
What a total waste of time. Apparently Pattaya Mail got ot wrong! Pfizer boosters are NOT administered at Pattaya Gardens.
I really do not feel inclined to go out to Bang Lamung and make the same mistake and so I ask this august body of 'I know everything's' (just joking) if they know, with 100% certainty, where an elderly bloke could get the afore mentioned booster. 
I know that Bangkok Hospital Pattaya is not an option. Their 'Help Desk' (LOL) told me that they do not have Pfizer booster shots, (which is strange really because they gave me the original two shots, but, I suppose, on second thought, not so strange - I should have know, but one lives in hope) and will not have, until the Govermant gives them some. (To be fair, the girl did sound rather embarassed when she told me that wonderful news)
So, dear readers, any positive thoughts on all of this?
A large Leo for the first to give the correct answer. The only criteria to collecting this magnificent prize is that the answer you give today is still the same answer tomorrow. 
I await with bated breath.

I assume you mean Royal Garden Plaza, never heard of Pattaya Gardens. It doesn't surprise me at all that Pattaya Mail is giving out inaccurate info either, they're the last "news" site I'd trust. I think if you have 2x Pfizer already, they're not giving boosters unless your last shot was 6 months+ is what I've been reading. 

There's a whole thread about boosters in Pattaya here: 

• Like 1

I did put out a post that I, along with a friend, wasted about 4 1/2 hours queueing at the eastern sports stadium in Jomtien just before Christmas.

We were turned away at the registration desk because both of us had received Pfizer x 2, the last one being only 3 months previous.

Apparently 6 months has to elapse before a booster will be given. I think it has something to do with antibodies still being in the bloodstream for a longer period of time after Pfizer x 2.

Stay home and don't expose yourself to omicron virus in crowded public places or otherwise, especially if you meet the risk criteria for a covid infection.  Why take a chance of getting infected for a pfizer booster jab that may or may not protect you. The head dude at pfizer, CEO Bourla claims his booster might provide protection and that a new vaccine customized for omicron and other variants is in the engineering phase now with expected roll-out in March or April 2022. Moderna is also modifying their vaccines specifically for omicron which may be the first clue that these "boosters" are not getting the job done.

• Thanks 1

The posters above are correct in that the current Thai government policy for people who've already received two original Pfizer doses is that they're only eligible for a 3rd Pfizer booster dose SIX MONTHS after their second shot. So presumably, that's why the OP was turned away.

Meanwhile, FWIW, the follow-up studies being done in the UK show that the Pfizer booster does a very good job in boosting protection from the virus (OK in preventing infection, very good in preventing serious illness and death. Not quite as good as a Moderna booster, according to the UK data, but significantly better than where someone would be 6 months after their two original Pfizer doses with no booster.

• Like 1

Cram together with a few hundred people to get a booster you believe will make you 'safe' while exposing yourself to the most contagious variant of Covid (Omicron) which doesn't seen to give a rip about Covid vaccines.

Really.  Buy a 3M 7502 mask with a P100 filter and stay away from large crowds of people if you're really afraid of Covid.  I'm amazed at people who expose themselves to Omicron (with cloth masks) to get boosters.  But - Up to you.  I wouldn't, but I'm in the minority and know it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Two RECENT sources now (Pattaya 103 FM and Pattaya Mail) so the Banglamung vaccine programs (which have been at the sports stadium, the hospital, and presumably the Monk's College) are for THAIS ONLY. 

Royal Garden Plaza definitely is doing Pfizer boosts. The problem with the OP almost definitely was that he wasn't ELIGIBLE yet with his two previous Pfizer jabs. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Two RECENT sources now (Pattaya 103 FM and Pattaya Mail) so the Banglamung vaccine programs (which have been at the sports stadium, the hospital, and presumably the Monk's College) are for THAIS ONLY. 

Royal Garden Plaza definitely is doing Pfizer boosts. The problem with the OP almost definitely was that he wasn't ELIGIBLE yet with his two previous Pfizer jabs. 

We were there day before yesterday for my wifes jab,no problem for us , other falangs getting theirs,they even asked if i wanted one ,but i have had a booster already

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

I assume you mean Royal Garden Plaza, never heard of Pattaya Gardens. It doesn't surprise me at all that Pattaya Mail is giving out inaccurate info either, they're the last "news" site I'd trust. I think if you have 2x Pfizer already, they're not giving boosters unless your last shot was 6 months+ is what I've been reading. 

There's a whole thread about boosters in Pattaya here: 

Not quite.  Yes,  clearly nobody is giving  a Pfizer 2x  vaxx person a Pfizer booster if the 2nd vax is not 6 months plus.   The question is who will give the Pfizer booster if the Pfizer 2X vaxx are 6 months old.  BM reports in these threads indicate that Banglamung Hospital will, and Royal Garden Plaza will not.  I was one of several people turned down at RGP.

Wat Yan in Ban Amphur said they will give Pfizer boosters.  We were there in person, but they were booked up for the day.  We specifically said we had 2 already, and were told no problem by several different officials.  The ones doing the registration at the temple, and a nurser at the hospital down the road.

We were initially told no problem with crowds, but wow.  Hundreds were there, some coming in as early as 3am, and vans loaded with people from various other provinces.  An absolute mass of humanity.  Crazy.

Both officials said it should get better in a few weeks after this initial rush wears off.  So, we're going to go back in a few weeks and see how it goes.  Or, try our luck at Royal Garden some day.

Seems they are being given, 3rd shots only, at the Thai PBS building in Bangkok.  A bit of a drive for some, but....an option.

You need to register via the QueQ app.  I just did and got an appointment for the 21st.  Love it.  No getting up early, no waiting in line for hours.  Very civilized!

I'm in a bit of a hurry as we've got an upcoming trip and need the booster.

17 hours ago, Graemej100 said:

She looks at my double jab Pfizer vaccination certificate

When did you get your second dose of Pfizer?

Currently Pfizer 2X are still limited to 6 months for a booster. Which is a rule most government/provincial authorities seem to be checking and enforcing.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

We were there day before yesterday for my wifes jab,no problem for us , other falangs getting theirs,they even asked if i wanted one ,but i have had a booster already

Could you please confirm where you had the vaccine in the Pattaya Area.

If it was at the Monk's College, where is that.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Siam Bruce said:

Could you please confirm where you had the vaccine in the Pattaya Area.

If it was at the Monk's College, where is that.

Thanks

I had my 2 az at samitivit sri racha through mor prom and my booster phizer at the stadium ,but my wife had her az shots at central festival the second one which i posted about this week ,i went with her there was no q and i was asked if i wanted one,she was finished in half an hour ,there were other falangs there as well

Ps i think monks colledge refers to a monks monastary in Pattaya where i believe you could get a shot

Edited by bert bloggs

On 1/15/2022 at 8:27 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Seems they are being given, 3rd shots only, at the Thai PBS building in Bangkok.  A bit of a drive for some, but....an option.

You need to register via the QueQ app.  I just did and got an appointment for the 21st.  Love it.  No getting up early, no waiting in line for hours.  Very civilized!

I managed to get an appointment for Feb 13th at THG Thonburi Healthcare Group.

Does anyone know the exact location where they are giving the booster shots?

17 minutes ago, maechanman said:

I managed to get an appointment for Feb 13th at THG Thonburi Healthcare Group.

Does anyone know the exact location where they are giving the booster shots?

Is this related to QueQ and the Thai PBS/THG option?

I think it's at the Thai PBS HQ in Bang Khen.

145 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Talat Bang Khen, Khet Lak Si, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10210
Thai Public Broadcasting Service (ThaiPBS), address

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Is this related to QueQ and the Thai PBS/THG option?

I think it's at the Thai PBS HQ in Bang Khen.

145 Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd, Khwaeng Talat Bang Khen, Khet Lak Si, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10210
Thai Public Broadcasting Service (ThaiPBS), address

Yes I used the QueQ app and many thanks for your reply.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:27 AM, Jeffr2 said:

Am I right in assuming that they will give me a pfizer booster shot 90 days after you've had your second shot even if your first 2 shots were pfizer? This is how I'm reading this from the Thai PBS vaccination centre.

Many other threads are stating that pfizer booster shots will not be given until six months after your second pfizer shot.

My second pfizer shot was early September.

13 hours ago, maechanman said:

Am I right in assuming that they will give me a pfizer booster shot 90 days after you've had your second shot even if your first 2 shots were pfizer? This is how I'm reading this from the Thai PBS vaccination centre.

Many other threads are stating that pfizer booster shots will not be given until six months after your second pfizer shot.

My second pfizer shot was early September.

I don't think so.  The current government schedule is for a booster 6 months after your 2nd jab.  Though I did see Bumrungrad put up a schedule saying it was now 5 months.  Which is what the US CDC is suggesting.

As is usual here, who knows.  They might do it!  But I'd suggest waiting the 5 or 6 months.  Unless you have special issues.

• Like 1

I'm upcountry and I and many others have had our pfizer booster jabs 3 months after 2nd Pfizer. Pfizer boosters were available at a walk-in govt clinic and a special vax hall set up for a local fair.

I suppose it depends on where you are and what's on offer at the time. The clinic was offering a choice of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Farma said:

I'm upcountry and I and many others have had our pfizer booster jabs 3 months after 2nd Pfizer. Pfizer boosters were available at a walk-in govt clinic and a special vax hall set up for a local fair.

I suppose it depends on where you are and what's on offer at the time. The clinic was offering a choice of AstraZeneca, Pfizer or Moderna.

Sounds like to me, they have made a cock-up. Not surprising really, with the amount of confusing and conflicting information about.