2 Doses of Sinovac Followed by AstraZeneca/Pfizer Give High Immunity Against Omicron , Says Dr. Yong

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Dr. Yong Poovorawan, head of the Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology at the Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, said people who received two shots of Sinovac followed by a booster shot of AstraZeneca have seen their immunity increase 100 times, or 200 times if followed by a Pfizer booster shot.

Yeah, right...sure they have...

Edited by Bluespunk
Punctuation
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

As usual the experts are right and the the low no information bashers produce nothing to support their misinformation.

Here is a study which supports what he's saying.

Antibody responses were low at 6 months after prior immunisation with two doses of CoronaVac, However, all four vaccines administered as a third dose induced a significant increase in binding and neutralising antibody, which may improve protection against infection.

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3989848

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centre/press-releases/2022/new-vaxzevria-data-further-support-its-use-as-third-dose-booster.html

Whatever Thailand has done seems to be working OK, it is about time to remove the travel and other restrictions.

14 minutes ago, nattaya09 said:

But one shot of Omicron gives better immunity than two shots of Sinovac followed by a booster shot of AstraZeneca

Any evidence to that effect? At the time that Sinovac was the main vaccination used omicron wasn't around and delta was the main worry. Sinovac undoubtedly saved many lives.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Haha 1

Dr. Yong's comments may be accurate, but the problem is the protection levels afforded by the increased antibodies may be insufficient against omicron as reported recently by a small study in Israel and comments from pfizer & moderna CEO's and BioNTech. An omicron specific solution is in the works with both moderna & pfizer now with production ETA March 2022.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/08/omicron-pfizer-ceo-says-we-may-need-fourth-covid-vaccine-doses-sooner-than-expected.html

https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/12/20/omicron-3-vaccine-doses-are-not-enough-to-stop-the-new-covid-variant-warns-biontech-ceo

The UK-HSA published some results of VE data for pfizer and Moderna boosters: pfizer drops to 40% after 10 weeks. Biggest drop is a negative VE 20 weeks after two dose AstraZeneca series. Moderna booster (2 dose mRNA) performed much better. I know some Thai individuals who have purchased several lots of moderna jabs, perhaps they can be used as boosters in TH. 

Edited by catturd
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to Dr. Yong Poovorawan, head of the Center of Excellence in Clinical Virology at the Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, said people who received two shots of Sinovac followed by a booster shot of AstraZeneca have seen their immunity increase 100 times, or 200 times if followed by a Pfizer booster shot.

Should I be worried that I had 2X Astra and a Pfizer booster lined up?

I had my Pfizer booster 2 weeks ago. Since then I've had flu type symptoms for 2 days followed by a sharp intermittent pulsating pain that moved from the injection site to my shoulder blade and is currently at the middle of my back.

Think I'd rather have had Covid.

• Like 2

Watching Thai news this morning, it looks like Pfizer is the new bogeyman vaccine…Since the old lady that sadly passed it looks like Sinovac is the new golden boy and the government was right all along to stick with the CCP vaccine . Plenty of old lady’s (eating) with thumbs up because they didn’t drop dead from Sinovac on screen . ???? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1