Thai virologist suggests there is no rush to get fourth vaccine dose

snoop1130

Bkk-vaccination-center_210723.jpg

Head of the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at the Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University Dr. Yong Poovorawan has advised against rushing to get a fourth vaccine shot, claiming it would be a waste.

He said in his Facebook post today that he has received questions from many people, some of whom said that they had already received five doses of vaccines, including two Sinovac followed by an AstraZeneca dose and two Moderna doses. Some had been told that the two Sinovac doses were not counted because they have been downgraded.

He likens vaccination to filling a water bowl, saying that two doses and a third booster are enough to fill the bowl. Adding a fourth dose is like pouring more water into a bowl that is already full, which is wasteful, he said, adding that it is better to wait for some water to evaporate before topping it up.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-virologist-suggests-there-is-no-rush-to-get-a-fourth-vaccine-dose/

Logo-top-.png
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-01-20

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

some of whom said that they had already received five doses of vaccines, including two Sinovac followed by an AstraZeneca dose and two Moderna doses.

.5 doses! well then,  even the craziest virus would be too scared to attack a human, i guess! 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Head of the Centre of Excellence in Clinical Virology at the Faculty of Medicine of Chulalongkorn University Dr. Yong Poovorawan has advised against rushing to get a fourth vaccine shot, claiming it would be a waste.

Good, I'm still waiting to get my third !!!!

I'm not high enough up the ladder to get the fourth.

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

If the first 3 don't work why take a fourth?

Be my guest, don't take it if it doesn't seem right to you. Darwin is sorting it out as we speak. I did not contract the virus in the 5 months after my third leading up to my fourth a week ago.

My son and his wife in California decided to avoid the booster and 5 weeks now after I left there in early Dec. his whole family of four have the virus. Luckily they are all relatively young and improving.

18 minutes ago, Henryford said:

If the first 3 don't work why take a fourth?

Now do new-born, infant, child vaccinations.

2 months    Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HIB vaccine, first dose
4 months    Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HIB vaccine, second dose
6 months    Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HIB vaccine, third dose, Hepatitis B vaccine, third dose

Who said the first three didn't work?

And have you heard about this new thing: annual flu vaccinations, given by the millions, saving thousands of lives.

And they say you can't teach stoopid.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Now do new-born, infant, child vaccinations.

2 months    Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HIB vaccine, first dose
4 months    Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HIB vaccine, second dose
6 months    Diphtheria, Pertussis, Tetanus, Polio and HIB vaccine, third dose, Hepatitis B vaccine, third dose

Who said the first three didn't work?

And have you heard about this new thing: annual flu vaccinations, given by the millions, saving thousands of lives.

And they say you can't teach stoopid.

You're absolutely right: 

1. All those childhood vaccine are given in a series of jabs. But once you had them, that's pretty much it. You don't get boosters every couple of months, do you. 

2. The annual flu vaccination. It's annual. Not monthly. And in most cases doesn't work either with official excused of vaccinating against the wrong variant... BTW, from the beginning of the year (as in within 20 days) over 26k died from the common winter flu World wide (those were retorted, I assume more died but not reported as died from the flu

3. You can't teach (or cure) stupid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brucegoniners said:

As always, the real information comes from the US CDC.

Not always (real info) but sometimes. Like when recently the head of the US CDC admitted that most those counted as dead FROM Covid-19 actually died from some other preexisting condition, but as they also had covid (some actually got infected at the hospital after being admitted for other reasons) they were in the covid death statistics. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Well the majority here are juiced with 2 Sinovac ( a 1/4 bowl ) to start, so possibly a 4th is necessary......   

Inaccurate, the 112 million jabs delivered to date break down as 41% AstraZeneca, 23% Sinovac, 20% Pfizer, 13% SinoPharm and 3% Moderna. Note that a majority of the Sinovac recipients actually got 1 Sinovac + 1 AstraZeneca.

https://dashboard-vaccine.moph.go.th/dashboard.html

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

This begs the question:  how effective are today’s vaccines against the Omicron variant?  Pfizer CEO says next gen vaccine due release in March, and targets Omicron along with others. 

Todays are fine... ones we had last year less so. Saw a report today claiming boosters were effective against symptomatic omicron infections.

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

what about my fifth dose  ?   should I get it in a few months 

You should get it as soon as possible!!!! Oh, and by the way..while you're there ask them about the sixth...I hear thats the REAL CLINCHER! 

Edited by 248900_1469958220
  • Haha 1