Computer Repair

DowntownAl

I need a hinge fixed on my Acer laptop but, the shop I used to go to in Tukcom is gone. It was the one on the 3rd floor toward the back (as you come up the escalator - a little jag to the right and straight ahead) they knew their stuff, did good work at a fair price. There are two shops on the right hand side of the escalator. I took my laptop into the the first one (can't remember the name) who did a lousy job. The hinge is offset and just came loose again 3 weeks later. I took the plastic cover off and saw that he didn't replace anything, just squeezed a little glue in then overcharged big time. I'm not much for confrontation so I paid the bill thinking he had actually repaired the thing, he did not. Terrible shoddy work. I know he should fix it a gain but the work is badly done to the point I think he might cause more problems.

So, does anyone know where the other guys moved to or do you have a suggestion for a competent fair minded repair shop?

After scanning through about 200 pics on Google Maps found it. PATTAYA2U. The reason I'm still posting this is b/c they do excellent work while the other guys do not. Do a Google search, they're about 3 blocks from Tukcom

My clueimage.png.3d0de95a7ee72287b7df0e019938bed4.png

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DowntownAl said:

I had two other things done as well. So the price was a total for 3 jobs. I'm going to Pattaya2U next week for the hinge redo, I'll post that ฿ then. 

Okay, I asked because I usually take my ACER devices to the official service centre. They usually charge 400 baht + VAT for small jobs. Though that may have changed to 600 baht + VAT as I haven't visited for a while.

So if P2U do a good job at a reasonable price, I can keep them in mind.

48 minutes ago, Bruno123 said:

Okay, I asked because I usually take my ACER devices to the official service centre. They usually charge 400 baht + VAT for small jobs. Though that may have changed to 600 baht + VAT as I haven't visited for a while.

So if P2U do a good job at a reasonable price, I can keep them in mind.

Good info for sure. In the case of a hinge it can be big or it can be small. I checked online vids and depending on where the damage is it can mean a near complete dismantling. In my case it looks like the spot where the hinge attaches to the lid has broken loose.  This vid shows a lot of work, a big repair due to a relatively simple thing like a hinge. 

BTW - do you have a location for the ACER service center you use?

On 1/22/2022 at 1:34 PM, DowntownAl said:

BTW - do you have a location for the ACER service center you use?

I am guessing he is referring to the one in Chonburi - but it is not, or wasn't, quite in the town centre when I last went pre covid. Unfortunately I have lost the phone number as well.