Arrested for not wearing a mask in Phuket

tsk3009

3 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

What in the world does wearing a COVID Mask have to do with a helmet?

Your guess is off the mark by a mile

if he was wearing a helmet, nobody would have noticed the absence of the mask. now i leave you the pleasure of qualifying your own comments

Hjälm BOLT A-613S Svart

Edited by Pique Dard
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

What makes you think the OP has a full face helmet ?

well this is a question you should ask yourself! because if he wasn't wearing a full face helmet, it is OBVIOUS THAT the police would have noticed the absence of the mask. i don't think  it is difficult to understand that i'm OBVIOUSLY referring to a full face helmet Hjälm BOLT A-613S Svart

Edited by Pique Dard
omission
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Blind freddy can read between the line of the OP and come to the conclusion he was either not wearing a helmet or if he was it was an open face one.

If I was a gambling man my money would be on not wearing a helmet.

1314054522_41sROyEVtgL._SY450_1.thumb.jpg.0108537ebf0cd5539b4af9aeb4e5b8ed.jpg

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Blind freddy can read between the line of the OP and come to the conclusion he was either not wearing a helmet or if he was it was an open face one.

If I was a gambling man my money would be on not wearing a helmet.

Blind freddy can read between the line, so why this disussion then?

Pique Dard

Edited by Pique Dard
omission

1 minute ago, internationalism said:

not when driving motorbike.

Only in the car, if more than 2. But nobody cares about this law and is not enforced at all

So you accept that your original statement that "the opposite is advised - dont wear mask whilst driving" is correct?

I'm also not sure about your claim about motorcycles. I'm pretty sure that you're supposed to be wearing them but am willing to accept I don't know with 100% certainly.

Enforcement or not of any particular law isn't relevant in relation to your original claims.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, internationalism said:

not when driving motorbike.

Only in the car, if more than 2. But nobody cares about this law and is not enforced at all

Around where I live the police are stopping people riding bikes with no mask

40 minutes ago, heiri007 said:

The attitude of oh so many foreigners here to be above the law is embarrassing for the rest of us. Of course no one likes wearing the mask and debates about protection will continue endlessly. 

But as if they claim to be more intelligent, special breeds, foreigners again and again display their uncovered mugs with stern face, like shouting: dare to tell me I should wear a mask?

Had a recent confrontation with a lousy Italian freak guy at Apple Store Central World. He was dirty and smelling and wearing old shabby cloths - and sitting there "testing" an iPad, clearly above his budget. Of course he did not wear a mask.

Apple staff obviously were hesitant to confront him, somebody asked him politely to please cover his face, and Apple shops are quite strict about those rules. Oh man he began shouting about freedom and stuff and he's a customer here willing to spend a lot of money.

Couldn't keep my temper down and let him know he's an embarrassment to the rest of us.

Anyways, all the foreigners around here not wearing the mask is not an act of defiance, it's a sign of arrogance and non-respect towards everyone else trying to just get along.

So whatever the reasons for the OP's "arrest": if you're one of this arrogant breed, well done boys in brown.

I thought all Italians dressed in Armani designed clothes, at least the ones on the tv do?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Actually wearing a mask while riding a bike is not such a bad idea, I do have a Fino I dont use it often but when I do I get behind trucks and cars kicking up the dust hopefully the mask saves you from breathing in all the dust

They don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, stigar said:

GOOD LUCK!!!U get scared now?Meeting wih he thai embassy.Be aware.You don know knohing who i im-Me in white shirt.We had lunch togeher 2 hour.ImNOT work for the auhorihes in thailand,bu i like to be updatet.The ambassadoer is my friend.If i ask he lates news she or her secreay uodate me by call..sms or in Line-

thai oslo.jpg

I've seen that same rug at Big-C for 350 baht

• Haha 1

Guest Isaanlife
53 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

if he was wearing a helmet, nobody would have noticed the absence of the mask. now i leave you the pleasure of qualifying your own comments

Hjälm BOLT A-613S Svart

Not all helmets are full faced or have a shield smart guy

Ultimately no revelation here.  When you visit someone else's house (or country), you abide by their rules (or laws). 

And then of course avoid posting on any forums while drinking, in the event that anything inconvenient happens after breaking any of those rules.   

Edited by ChrisP24

54 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Around where I live the police are stopping people riding bikes with no mask

not in bangkok.

"A motorbike driver in the northern Thai province of Uthai Thani has died from injuries he sustained after he drove into a utility pole. Witnesses said they saw a face mask covering the motorbike driver’s eyes and they believe it obstructed his vision, causing the crash."

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/motorbike-death-believed-to-be-caused-by-face-mask

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2