Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

"9 pm annoying the residents with loud noise from music." other witnesses .

You have to be careful ,even sounding your horn at another driver ,when

he's cut in front of you , can lead to injury or death, does not take much to

set them off , and many carry all kinds of weapons in their vehicles .but it

seems to have gotten worse in last few years.

regards worgeordie

yes i hate the way they just pull out at junctions..cut me up i take a deep breath swear a lot .keep my hands off the horn because as you said these people are crazy when upset and don't think about their actions...some of the younger males here have lost the plot..keep calm see another day

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

So there was no loud noise or disturbance to set the guy off ? Not saying that loud music deserves a barbaric attack like this but im guessing that if there was no loud music at 3am this might not have happened.

I am not justifying murder here but pointing out that you can <deleted> people off if you don't tone your music down. I seen Thai neighbors go at each other over music and I have bene pretty <deleted> off because of it too. Of course I never cut someone's head off. 

The killer had known mental health issues as stated and should not have been at large. Have you never had Thai neighbours playing music at night?? No warning he just came strait out and attacked them.????????

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

yes i hate the way they just pull out at junctions..cut me up i take a deep breath swear a lot .keep my hands off the horn because as you said these people are crazy when upset and don't think about their actions...some of the younger males here have lost the plot..keep calm see another day

Yes,  when driving and you've got a horn, better not to touch it when there are other vehicles , but you can touch it in secluded area when there's no one else about

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

The killer had known mental health issues as stated and should not have been at large. Have you never had Thai neighbours playing music at night?? No warning he just came strait out and attacked them.????????

They <deleted> off the wrong guy. I've been annoyed to the brink by loud music in Thailand but never snapped like this guy did.

The obvious lesson is to be respectful of your surroundings otherwise there may be consequences.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Yep. We know this. I've been here 30 years and was warned never to mix it with Thais..In Pattaya  and the KSR there is incredible  tolerance to the vile behaviour  of farang but not in the sticks so much..

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Wasn't the guy in his 50's and drinking with loud music at 3am? Most people grow out of that in their 20s. The pictures looked like those lowest of the rung rentals that only students are other people down on their luck stay in. Not to judge the guy or anything but I think he was in a bad place (in more ways that one).

The other guy was 50+.

That was just one of the places they lived. Because his best mate lived next door. Luckily he was self isolating either he could have done as well!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wonder whether the noise making was being done by felangs which caused the attack ?

You didn't read the story did you?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai media reported that a group of tourists had been drinking since 9 pm annoying the residents with loud noise from music.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

He is in custody. Was taking in earlier today. It was my Thai wife's cousins boyfriend who was murdered so I have access to quite a lot of information.

How much rent was he paying?

Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 15-30-40 Soi sri lanka near kanchanaburi.png

Edited by Enoon

40 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

He is in custody. Was taking in earlier today. It was my Thai wife's cousins boyfriend who was murdered so I have access to quite a lot of information.

Photos of him being taken into the Police Station.

272322776_304252005084522_587318475384000165_n.jpg

272123175_304252031751186_5509516405670222553_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Well, RIP, but loud music at night lead me to pay my regular subsidy to local police, fortunately it works. Otherwise it could have ended up with bloodshed as well.

Some people just don't give a booboom about other people's well being, so this poor sod has been asking for it.

RIP

@Boomer6969.... you are a wise man , cost / benefit ratio is very clear here. whether a farang or local " <deleted> " .... always let the Boys in Brown .....

assist you in dealing with any annoyances , plus To Insure Prompt service you did the right thing ..... May you live safely in L.O.S. for a long time .....

Edited by kg1947
spacing

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Sounding your horn when they try to side swipe you and then pull in front of you and slam on their brakes in the middle of a three lane motorway.  Yes they are so Buddhist and loveky in Bangkok! With more army stickers on their cheap truck then you csn count 

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

I'm guessing these guys were lower class people judging by the circumstance and the location in the photos.

It looks like an everyday, ordinary sort of a place, in everday ordinary provincial Thailand, inhabitated by everyday, ordinary sorts of Thai people.

Me being an everyday, ordinary sort of bloke......I think it'd do me just fine.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1