Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

It's all about the Meth aka Yabba 

All of this homicidal violence is due to Yabba which most laborers smoke & supplement with whiskey which makes them crazy.

The elephant in the room with all this crazy violence where someone is suddenly 3 times as strong is meth.

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Remember when a black man named George Floyd was killed and the entire world came together to say "black lives matter"? You can't appreciate the parallel here at all? brown man kills white man etc...?

Not really.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I was expecting to find a comment from this guy saying the foreigners deserved to die and the Thai(s) did nothing wrong.  I can't see it, so I guess someone had the good sense to remove it.

Really unpleasant person, saying people deserve to be brutally murdered simply because his mental illness requires that Thais are seen as perfect, peaceful people.  It boggles the mind.

He has a habit of posting those sorts of comments, not quite a full shilling IMO.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I was expecting to find a comment from this guy saying the foreigners deserved to die and the Thai(s) did nothing wrong.  I can't see it, so I guess someone had the good sense to remove it.

Really unpleasant person, saying people deserve to be brutally murdered simply because his mental illness requires that Thais are seen as perfect, peaceful people.  It boggles the mind.

What are you on about?

4 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thai "culture" seems to be about doing exactly what you want, where you want and whatever time you want and  being completely unbothered if you are disturbing anyone else .

Well summarised.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

We should never forget we are only the guests here. What is allowed to the Thais is not always allowed to us.

Don't "guests" normally get a bit more slack?  I think you're stretching the meaning of the word guest quite a bit.

"You're a guest, so be nice."  OK.  "You're a guest, so expect to have fewer rights and protections that your hosts."  Doesn't quite sound right.

• Like 1

Kanchanaburi city seems to attract many drunk loser foreigners much like Pattaya. Almost every time I walked past a certain bar some drunk ass foreigner wanted to pick a fight. Luckily I was in a good mood next time Koon Kee-Mao Falang won,t be so lucky. Drunks are so easy to knock over really effortless. Thailand has more boozer loser foreigners per square mile than anywhere I have visited. Most sadly end up like this guy. Maybe knock off the booze?

Edited by Mitkof Island
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I sick of reading such inane idiocy as ‘we are guests here’......    Where are guests murdered ????? 

Are you now suggesting that Foreigners (guests) should not be sitting outside drinking a beer ???? or they face what you seem to think are justifiable consequences  ????  

This is some truly imbecilic Thai apologist rubbish..... 

Foreigners are the second class citizens here. Like it or not, but for many Thais it is an axiom. And, as a second class citizen, you are expected not to cross certain lines. Sitting outside and drinking beer - no problem. Listen to the loud music at nights the way the first class citizens do? Big no no! 
 Do I say these views are normal and fair? Off course NOT. But this is the reality here and one should accept it in order not to get into the trouble. Don’t behave in Thailand the way you behave at your own home place. Even if you live here for 40 years - you are still a guest. Don’t forget it for your own sake!

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Well summarised.

The same goes for many foreigners who don,t give a damn about the Thais. It works both ways. Respect others and try to be polite. Twenty two years only had one bad encounter while on a train some teen punk trying to show off his manhood to others. Did not end well for the punk. Falang (1) Punk Ass Bitch (0)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

Foreigners are the second class citizens here. Like it or not, but for many Thais it is an axiom. And, as a second class citizen, you are expected not to cross certain lines.

That depends where and with whom you are hanging out - the ’second class citizen’ thing is perhaps an opinion you have interpreted from the way Thai’s treat you.. why is that ????

I’ve never experienced such here....  Thai’s are generally indifferent to everyone else around them & more often than not as a foreigner we’ll be treated more favourably (thats my experience at least).

Sitting outside and drinking beer - no problem. Listen to the loud music at nights the way the first class citizen do? Big no no! 

Thai's would be the target of attack or assault in the same situation. But usually a ‘warning comes first’...  such examples are rife in the Thai news. 

Do I say these practices are normal and fair? Off course NOT. But this is the reality here and one should accept it in order not to get into the trouble.

‘these practices’ ??? you are making stuff up.... Thai’s don’t care about us (foreigners) any more or less than anyone else around them. IF we or Thai’s behave poorly we will be judged and potentially dealt with accordingly, just as Thai’s judge other Thai’s. 

Don’t behave in Thailand like you behave at your own home place. Even if you live here for 40 years - you are still a guest. Don’t forget it for your own sake!

Just don’t run your mouth and act like a tool. The same rules apply to us as Thai’s..... 

• Like 2

Sorry but even in Texas the dude across the street put stupid speakers in his car.. Midnite and 100 meters away in my back yard my house and the damn wine is shaking in the glass from the his base......The guy very lucky I didn't fill his car boot full of 9mm holes and we kind of mellow.. Sold all my guns, retired here...My point being I can see this happening..Not your country, 3AM not very smart, best never to push the locals too far..

RIP partner, shoulda went to bed long time ago...

• Like 1

It is the cases like this one which make me prefer to stay in Pattaya. Here we have a lot of foreigners and the locals are generally more tolerant to us and often see us as their income source. Don’t say they love us here but chances are higher that in Pattaya they will first ask you to lower the music’s volume before they cut your head off. 

Edited by Sunnny