Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know it was reported in the headline..... 

But WHO has actually started that the Music was loud ???? 

Was that just the excuse used by the mentally unstable murderer ???? - if so, how much of that do we believe ?

Were the two guys just having a beer, talking and the music was just a mild background sound? or was it really too loud ? - has anyone else backed up the claim of loud music ?

A lot of people are blaming the two western guys for playing loud music....  but really, is that actually true ?

First of all, I'm not blaming anybody - Thais or Westerners - of anything but complete and utter disregard for those around them and the value of human life. 

Secondly, if you believe that all whites/Brits/Westeners are angels, then you obviously haven't met many of them. There are good and bad in all walks of life. 

There is never smoke without fire. 

Do you honestly and truly believe that a group of blokes - Thai, Western, whatever - are going to be quiet at 3 in the morning while sitting outside having a few drinks? 

Edited by djayz

Six hours of loud music would more than likely drive a few of our posters here to commit murder. Har a situation with my farang neighbors a few years ago. Went over at 2am and ask them to give us a break with the loud music and conversation. Ok, OK will cut the music down at 4am went again to ask but you know drunks, no violence but when I went home my wife had called the police, no real help there but they finally knocked it off. Needless to say we were no longer friends. On my part just the total lack of respect for you neighbor was enough to realize these were not the best choice for friends. 

Too bad about the dead guy but even in Thailand there is some respect needed for your neighbor.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Pattaya prostitutes do tend to have personality disorders .

Not all Thai girls have personality disorders , mainly just the bar girls 

Many Thais have this problem imho. Not only prostitutes. They are fast to resort to extreme violence and that is, probably, one of their national traits. The murderer from Kanchanaburi is just another one from the bunch and not some extreme nutcase, imho.

No, I don’t think Thais are bad people. May be the best ones of all other nations I have dealt with. Still, they have their weird and negative personality sides which should not be ignored.

Edited by Sunnny
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, djayz said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know it was reported in the headline..... 

But WHO has actually started that the Music was loud ???? 

Was that just the excuse used by the mentally unstable murderer ???? - if so, how much of that do we believe ?

Were the two guys just having a beer, talking and the music was just a mild background sound? or was it really too loud ? - has anyone else backed up the claim of loud music ?

A lot of people are blaming the two western guys for playing loud music....  but really, is that actually true ?

First of all, I'm not blaming anybody - Thais or Westerners - of anything but complete and utter disregard for those around them and the value of human life. 

Agreed.

Secondly, if you believe that all whites/Brits/Westeners are angels, then you obviously haven't met many of them. There are good and bad in all walks of life. 

Agreed.

Disagree. Particularly in this case. 

Do you honestly and truly believe that a group of blokes - Thai, Western, whatever - are going to be quiet at 3 in the morning while sitting outside having a few drinks? 

IF its just two guys...  then yes.

They could have been screaming at each other above loud music, or they could have been sat there chilling having a beer or somewhere in between. 

What I want to question is if the story of the loud Music is true ???  - did the murderer claim that ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

Many Thais have this problem imho. Not only prostitutes. They are fast to resort to extreme violence and that is, probably, one of their national traits. The murderer from Kanchanaburi is just another one from the bunch (and not some extreme nutcase, imho).

I do disagree , Thais tend to be agreeable , non confrontational and non violent , although a few of them can get extremely violent , but thats the nature of humans in every Country .

Some people are quick to use violence , the World over 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, SteveAZ said:

I must live in a different Thailand. Thais are always polite to me. My experience is the opposite, no problems at all. 

Until you meet the one whack-job on yaba. 

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife
8 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

Well, RIP, but loud music at night lead me to pay my regular subsidy to local police, fortunately it works. Otherwise it could have ended up with bloodshed as well. 

Some people just don't give a booboom about other people's well being, so this poor sod has been asking for it.

RIP

Playing loud music is no reason to get your head cut off.

35 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

I have been away offline  few days and come back to  topics on this increasingly sad site which highlights the  extreme rants of people who attempt to demean the totality of a nation based on  extreme examples that are  likely no more nor less than  any other .

Folk off!

But that's exactly what the totality of Thailand would do if it was one of their citizens in the US or UK under similar circumstances.
Westerns are routinely held to a different standard, especially by Thais.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Siamwhiteelephant said:

Only people can murder and be charged, not inanimate objects or sound.

You mean the scythe didn't stand up on it's own, hop over and attack?? Thanks for clearing that up for us, we all thought the inanimate object did it alone. ????

Guest Isaanlife
31 minutes ago, djayz said:

Did they deserve to die in such a horrendous manner?

41 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Right , so Thais never walk or drive directly in front of you , cutting you up and walking/driving in your path/right of way ?

Never stand near you shouting on their phone , not caring about who they are disturbing .

Never just stop in the street and turn around and bump into you , expecting you to jump out the way  . 

Where is this area that you live ?

No to all of the above,except for the driving. 

Edited by Daithi85
  • Sad 1

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have quite often stayed in places , where there a Thai person shouting down their phone , completely unbothered about disturbing other people .

Just this morning there was a Thai guy across the road from me , had this phone on loud speaker and was shouting to his friend on the phone .

Even from across the road and being inside my room , I could hear what the person on the other end of the phone was saying  to him and his normal reply was "UUuuuuurrgghhhh, aaaaaaaaa. " and the other person repeated what he said .

From across the road and in my room, I could hear what the person on the phone was saying and he couldn't.

I was going to shout out from my window telling what the other guy was saying, the person whom he was talking to on the phone  

???????????????? 

The issue of noise has always mystified me.  I have lived in areas where having parties until the wee hours of the morning is not uncommon.  Loud music, motor bikes, and dogs barking all night seem to be the norm.   

When I would have a party for colleagues and employees, at about 10:00, I would try to move it indoors -- at least the music came indoors.   

6 minutes ago, Adumbration said:

Yes it is just a straight case of murder.   I have no idea why all of the posters here are focusing on the issue of loud music.  Ridiculous really. The news article is to blame, because it was written by a Thai and trying to obfuscate the fact that is was just straight up murder by a Thai.

To prove murder the two elements of Actus Reus and Mens Rea must be proved.  Actus Reus is usually a walk up start it is the proof of the act.  No question here, Thai guy tried to cut the head off a farang.  The case then turns upon proof of Mens Rea...the guilty mind....the intent to kill.

If the guy has mental issues he will likely walk (and probably kill again).  He will be let off because he was crazy and so did not have requisite intention to satisfy Mens Rea. 

Mens Rea? Sound a bit dodgy.

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Pssssssttt , they weren't drinking with locals 

Take a look at the photos, with that low budget shoebox type of living you're just a meter or two from the neighbor's front doors, might as well be drinking with them.  So close you could hear the neighbor's every bodily function. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

IF its just two guys...  then yes.

They could have been screaming at each other above loud music, or they could have been sat there chilling having a beer or somewhere in between. 

Agreed.