Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

webfact

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You've made a lot of assumptions....  

This conflict went from Zero to murder instantly - there were no repeated occurrences, build up, there were no warnings or requests to turn down the volume....    this went from being sat there to being dead without a warning.

Was the music even loud ??? ...  this of course is the headline.. but is it true, just like all the truck accidents claiming brake failure... because its printed or accused, it doesn’t mean its true. 

@Hammer2021 - you really need to check yourself and some of your comments - you are slipping towards the extreme end of the Thai Apologist spectrum....    A guy was murdered and you are suggesting that he only deserved a beating... and for what ? ...  You have lost your grip on reality. 

Meanwhile we have information from someone who knows the victim (below)....    

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I suspect mileage may vary.....   while some in some area Thai’s may feel an excessive level of disregard for foreigners in general due to the behaviour of some foreigners in those areas lending to a shorter fuse and sometimes the attitude of ‘looking for trouble’... the opposite also applies whereby foreigners who are behaving poorly are ‘given a pass’ because it is not expected that they know the ‘local etiquette’ and when trouble occurs there may be a greater degree of attention than a Thai on Thai conflict. 

Swings and roundabouts I reckon.... 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not really.

Did I read some one think this is analogous to George Floyd?! Really?!  Was the police involved in the murder? No.  This murder sounds more like an average night in the wrong part of Miami. 

• Haha 1

When i lived in a small village in surin some people(thai)start play loud music 2-5 am.Nowone complained.Sometimes big figthing in middle of nigth..mostly angry ladies screaming to he husband because home late and wery drunk.Nowone cared.

48 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Thais have zero respect for volume levels and neighbors. If this was not farangs he would have joined the party. More Thai racism period.

Sounds more like your intent on making it out to be a racial issue without any factual information supporting your baseless claim.  Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He was killed by a mentally ill nutcase...  you seem to be pushing the narrative that the deceased upset the locals who killed him....  which is clearly incorrect. 

I am yet to meet a mentally stable Thai person (especially when under the influence of alcohol). All my Thai gfs used the knives whenever something went the wrong way in their crazy minds. Some tried to cut themselves. One even tried to jump out of the window on the 17th floor - without any serious reason. None of them was officially insane yet they acted like ones on the regular basis. The fact they state from the start that the murderer was “mentally ill” quite worries me. Sounds like a preparation for an early release.

Reminds me of my childhood where people used to say “be careful of that man, he is nuts with the papers”. Which meant the person can  harm anybody without suffering serious legal consequences. 

Edited by Sunnny

10 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Tourists are finally coming back in minimal numbers and they are either getting raped or getting chopped to pieces via a scythe. 

amazing Thailand 

All of them ??....  

‘cos I only have anecdotal evidence, but I know of one guy who came back recently, he wasn’t attacked, cut, chopped up, murdered, ripped off, taken to an expensive hospital after a false positive covid test...   Quite disappointing really... .:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sunnny said:

Yes, keep assuring yourself they love you even more than they love themselves. And then go and pay the double and triple prices everywhere. It is a sure sign of love and respect. Or when the Thai minister tells the public during the first wave of pandemics that foreigners will get the vaccine right after homeless and beggars get it - this is, probably, also a clear sign for people like you that Thais do treat foreigners equally and respectfully. So many examples out there but nothing will help people living inside their own illusionary bubble. 
  Still I warn all those with a minimum sense of reality present - never forget that you are strangers in this country and BE CAREFUL. The guy whose head was cut off in Kanchanaburi probably also thought that he is an entitled foreigner surrounded by the friendly locals. Nothing, as it turned out, was further from the truth.

Sunny I agree with you. Perhaps it’s just my sweet disposition ; ) 

7 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Tourists are finally coming back in minimal numbers and they are either getting raped or getting chopped to pieces via a scythe. 

amazing Thailand 

Another case as the many others we read here daily: outraged while forgetting (or do not realizing) that similar cases also happen in own - so perfect - country: an escalating incident over an argument of drunk people late night.

Only different: murdered not by a sickle...     

30 minutes ago, stigar said:

When i lived in a small village in surin some people(thai)start play loud music 2-5 am.Nowone complained.Sometimes big figthing in middle of nigth..mostly angry ladies screaming to he husband because home late and wery drunk.Nowone cared.

That’s because everyone knows not to  aggravate an already aggravated woman in her own house. 

• Like 1

Get through all of the paperwork and Covid testing just to meet the Thai version of Freddy Kruger at Nightmare on Soi Sri Lanka Street.  Way way way too many foreigners end up murdered, dead or severely injured here.  If Mr. John had been a Thai in the US the talking heads would be screaming bloody (racist) murder on the World News.  But here in Thailand?  It's a shoulder shrug and a "Oh hum."  How amazingly sad.  RIP and I hope the other fellow recovers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thai "culture" seems to be about doing exactly what you want, where you want and whatever time you want and  being completely unbothered if you are disturbing anyone else .

I must live in a different Thailand. Thais are always polite to me. My experience is the opposite, no problems at all. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have been away offline  few days and come back to  topics on this increasingly sad site which highlights the  extreme rants of people who attempt to demean the totality of a nation based on  extreme examples that are  likely no more nor less than  any other .

Folk off!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sunnny said:

Yes, keep assuring yourself they love you even more than they love themselves. And then go and pay the double and triple prices everywhere. It is a sure sign of love and respect. Or when the Thai minister tells the public during the first wave of pandemics that foreigners will get the vaccine right after homeless and beggars get it - this is, probably, also a clear sign for people like you that Thais do treat foreigners equally and respectfully. So many examples out there but nothing will help people living inside their own illusionary bubble. 
  Still I warn all those with a minimum sense of reality present - never forget that you are strangers in this country and BE CAREFUL. The guy whose head was cut off in Kanchanaburi probably also thought that he was an entitled foreigner surrounded by the friendly locals. Nothing, as it turned out, was further from the truth.

So reveal now  your global location ? Institution  not required.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1