Where would you put your earnings?

18 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

You own the land through the company. I'ts not illegal if its a genuine business though some were exploiting this loophole. I think the rule of thumb is that if you are not generateing income or paying taxes you may be investigated

If someone in power wants that land, and company isn't legit, operating toward profitability ...

... well then, thank you for your donation.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2022 at 4:46 AM, ThLT said:

What do you have against crypto?  There are excellent gains to be made in the space and we are very early on so over the long term the gains will likely be fantastic.  

In 10 years everyone under the age of 50-60 will be enjoying entertainment and doing business in the metaverse (virtual and augmented reality environments.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

In 10 years everyone under the age of 50-60 will be enjoying entertainment and doing business in the metaverse (virtual and augmented reality environments.

The Matrix will have arrived.

I'll stick with the 'red pill'

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ThLT said:

Don't have that much against crypto. Apart that it consumes the amount of electricity of entire countries. And many coins are scams, along with there being a lot of pump-and-dump, price manipulations, etc.

Like Christians or Mormons trying to convert people, I do dislike crypto evangelism, and advertising crypto everywhere they can plug it in. OP essentially spams the forum on a regular basis. However, he now does it with a leading question, and then pumps crypto. Like in this thread, which isn't even about crypto, but yet 1/3 of his posts is about crypto.

OP has also has been known to pump his favourite doubtful coin, which he has done in this thread.

Again, crypto okay, advertising/evangelizing not so much.

Fair enough.  

However, you don't have to buy the cryptos he might have mentioned. 

I think he's trying to educate people.  Unfortunately too many old blokes who are stuck in the past, unwilling to take the time to learn about the crypto space and make money from it.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Stocky said:

The Matrix will have arrived.

I'll stick with the 'red pill'

I can never remember which pill is which, but I like taking pills if they affect my perception of the world around me, so I'd probably take both ????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Financial explanation:
Crypto is basically a zero-sum game, and people in crypto making gains swing trading it need more people to join add more money to the pot—so that inexperienced people in trading can lose money (which is most people who get started in crypto). The more inexperienced people lose money in crypto, the larger the crypto pot/market cap becomes—and the more gains are possible for those that know what they're doing. That's how crypto is at the moment. And why so many try to advertise it and hype it up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThLT said:

Financial explanation:
Crypto is basically a zero-sum game, and people in crypto making gains swing trading it need more people to join add more money to the pot—so that inexperienced people in trading can lose money (which is most people who get started in crypto). The more inexperienced people lose money in crypto, the larger the crypto pot/market cap becomes—and the more gains are possible for those that know what they're doing. That's how crypto is at the moment. And why so many try to advertise it and hype it up.

That is incorrect but I can't be bothered trying to explain why you are wrong.  I have better things to do than teach people. 

Personally I would prefer the uninformed would stay out of crypto. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Yet another disparaging response from a cryptocultists. 'Old blokes' have been around the block a few times and are just more cautious, particularly when someone's touting a get rich quick scheme.

I'm 63, semi-retired, have been invested, mainly equities, for over thirty years. The ups have outweighed the downs and I've managed average growth of a little over 10% year on year. I'm happy with that, I don't need the additional risk of investing in 'the crypto space'.

If you wish to that's fine with me, but please respect my decision not to.  

What to not be suspecious about? 

Nobody know who created crypto currency ????

From Wikipedia

"Satoshi Nakamoto is the name used by the presumed pseudonymous person or persons who developed bitcoin, authored the bitcoin white paper, and created and deployed bitcoin's original reference implementation. ... Many people have claimed, or have been claimed, to be Nakamoto"

5 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

That is incorrect but I can't be bothered trying to explain why you are wrong.  I have better things to do than teach people. 

I have never shilled or pumped any cryptos. I buy them and share recommendations, only is someone asks.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I have never shilled or pumped any cryptos

You follow Michael Saylor and you consider him quite the authority, right? At least you have linked me to his videos several times when repeating his claim of 15% inflation.

Have you by any chance watched any of his videos similar to the one below?

Can you see that with you regularly referring to this man as an authority makes us question everything you say? Because he is basically acting like a cult leader, trying to get other people to spread the crypto gospel.

36 minutes ago, lkn said:

You follow Michael Saylor and you consider him quite the authority, right? At least you have linked me to his videos several times when repeating his claim of 15% inflation.

Not really, I just feel he can explain bitcoin fundamentals much better than I.

I own no bitcoin and don't like it apart from a good store of value.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Not really, I just feel he can explain bitcoin fundamentals much better than I.

I own no bitcoin and don't like it apart from a good store of value.

If you do not own any, and do not like it, why the h**l are you going on about it in this and other threads. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I am sure there are others like him. You'd be surprised how many foreigners cannot believe I am Thai (actually you are probably not), and you will be in the same boat. 

Indeed, they are living in the past and believe the bar stool myth that's it nearly impossible.

5 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

As other here with far greater knowledge about investment know the dangers of Crypto and why you are walking on very very thin ice I suggest you try to drill some holes either side of the lump of wood on your shoulders.

Freddy42OZ is talking absolute sense about Crypto. I work right at at the heart of Crypto development in CH. In the last year I have built 7 Crypto's for major NFT's. You talk of Quantum computing like it will increase Crypto value, but it's actually like printing more bank notes to curb inflation.

With the new NFT's coming out Bitcoin will become eclipsed. It has only a perceived value. There are no Gold reserves to back it up.

I held Bitcoin for 10 years and have done well out of it but I got out 6 months ago because the NFT Tsunami is coming.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Why?

It's the same way that Jennifer Lawrence in Don't Look Up tells her fiancé that she will go out for dinner with her future mother-in-law in 7 months time.

Edited by Muzzique

On 1/24/2022 at 6:50 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

You're an optimist. Wouldn't the dollar have to be very weak for gold at 2,500? - I was looking at gold as an investment option, but it seems to move only sideways recently.

Yes, inflation, weak dollar and fed not raising interest rates would cause gold to go up which is what I think could happen. 2500 is just a target, may not come but significant upside in gold is what I’m predicting 

I have already bought back the stocks I sold in December as well. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, dj230 said:

Yes, inflation, weak dollar and fed not raising interest rates would cause gold to go up which is what I think could happen. 2500 is just a target, may not come but significant upside in gold is what I’m predicting (...)

Following your suggestion, I invested in gold, and I am 2-3% 'in the red' now, thanks a lot! ????

But, I guess, it will appreciate in price within the next 5 years.

Being fully invested, I am looking forward to selling only, in the near future, possibly adding equities to my portfolio again, as they make up just around 10% now.

Stainless steel Rolex sports models have done well over the last couple of years.

Purchased Seadweller Deepsea (116660 Black Dial) April 2019 @ 270,000Baht.

Today fullsizeoutput_91a.jpeg.549d99567ad166645709f6dc4fe4ce39.jpeg

Purchased Seadweller (126600) November 2021 @ 490,000Baht.

Today

fullsizeoutput_92f.jpeg.daa50e9bcbb76a7f809071cf149f68d1.jpeg

Purchased Bitcoin 100,000Baht 6th January 2021 @ $43,250

Today $37,366

Not everything I touch turns to gold! ????

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 1:43 PM, Stocky said:

Yet another disparaging response from a cryptocultists. 'Old blokes' have been around the block a few times and are just more cautious, particularly when someone's touting a get rich quick scheme.

I'm 63, semi-retired, have been invested, mainly equities, for over thirty years. The ups have outweighed the downs and I've managed average growth of a little over 10% year on year. I'm happy with that, I don't need the additional risk of investing in 'the crypto space'.

If you wish to that's fine with me, but please respect my decision not to.  

I respect your decision to not invest in crypto. 

What I don't respect (and this is not just crypto) are old guys who are so stuck in their ways they refuse to accept that things are changing and mostly for the better.

This goes for old guys who cling to the belief that people who use cannabis are filthy hippy wasters. 

Old guys who cling to the belief that the only type of valid work is hard physical graft and that people who make money online are not working.  Add to this the ones who think you have to work for 40+ years and that someone who makes millions in a few years online is a bad person.

Edited by Freddy42OZ
grammar
  • Like 2