Where would you put your earnings?

13 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

Since I was born it has averaged 8.6% without the dividend returns and over 10.5% with dividends added.

So if invested into an index fund and over long enough time periods you're talking about 100% free money? That sounds crazy to me but I've been hearing a lot about how the rich get richer.

Do we really need yet another crypto-evangelism / crypto-cult topic?  

Maybe all this stuff should go in a Crypto Currency sub-forum?

Edited by Stocky
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Do we really need yet another crypto-evangelism / crypto-cult topic?  

Maybe all this stuff should go in a Crypto Currency sub-forum?

This is not about crypto, just some t hi ink it's a wise investment at the moment

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is not about crypto, just some t hi ink it's a wise investment at the moment

But it is.

You start all these threads in order to peddle your crypto-theology.

They invariably end up generating plenty of heat but very little light.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

No problem for me as I don't have any earnings.

If I have any money left over at the end of the month, I invest it in more beer.

LOL....you beat me to it, I was just about to say exactly the same thing. ????

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

This is how I am positioned at the moment:

Crypto 40%

Real estate 30%

Stocks 10%

Luxury watches 10%

Precious metals (gold) 10%

I bought a nice Longines last month as I liked the look. I doubt I can make anything on it, maybe not classed as luxury.

What brand do you recommend as an investment?

14 hours ago, PoodThaiMaiDai said:

It is impossible to time the stock market, so I always keep my money in the SP500.

Since I was born it has averaged 8.6% without the dividend returns and over 10.5% with dividends added.

I like those odds and invest for long-term even at age 57.  

Last year many people tried to time the market and got out.  

Pre dividends, the SP500 was up 26.89% in 2021.

Yes, I lost some money so far in 2022, but over the last 2 years I have funds in there to cover any stock market corrections.

You only lose money if you overreact and sell when it is down.  It will always rebound over time.

I came here to say exactly this. Quality reply 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

No need to trade, I'm farming in stables and earning interest. ????

Would you recommend holding stablecoins, getting say 10% pa and taking a mortgage at say 5%, rather than selling the coins to buy a house? 

Just now, Hummin said:

CIA created bitcoin so they could follow the stream of money from terrorists and the drug Barons.

It is as fishy you can get it, but a good baith if it was true.

Hmm, I didn't know that.  I thought Satoshi Nakamoto was British. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Shouldn't that read: "With stocks correcting, crypto currencies crashing, and interest rates rising, where are you putting your money?"

and for most, shouldn't that read - - 'my bills are all due and the baby needs shoes and I'm busted... cotton is down to 1/4 of a pound...'

For me I have an amount wagered on a short on the nasdaq [shootin' from the don't pass line] and the rest on the sidelines waiting... 

• Haha 1

There is areas now being next in line for chanote land title, and if you want a long term investment, land is a good investment if you have a lady you can trust. Just bought another land plot and now the ampure making new names and will make chanote, but we know it still can take time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is areas now being next in line for chanote land title, and if you want a long term investment, land is a good investment if you have a lady you can trust. Just bought another land plot and now the ampure making new names and will make chanote, but we know it still can take time. 

I've been keeping a close ey on houses and land in Hua Hin. With foreign owners stuck abroad and no tourists coming, prices are coming way down.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I've been keeping a close ey on houses and land in Hua Hin. With foreign owners stuck abroad and no tourists coming, prices are coming way down.

I would not buy land in Hua Hin since there is a high risk and also to high prices on the land. House properties the same. 

It was down last year, but I also registered the prices popped up again before end of the year.