Where would you put your earnings?

29 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

What I don't respect (and this is not just crypto) are old guys who are so stuck in their ways they refuse to accept that things are changing and mostly for the better.

This goes for old guys who cling to the belief that people who use cannabis are filthy hippy wasters. 

Old guys who cling to the belief that the only type of valid work is hard physical graft and that people who make money online are not working.  Add to this the ones who think you have to work for 40+ years and that someone who makes millions in a few years online is a bad person.

And where exactly have I espoused any of those particular criticisms/prejudices? 

12 minutes ago, Paulaew said:

I don't know why this has to turn into some kind of generational feud. A lot of us old guys were hackers in the early days of the internet and spent a good part of our life creating the technologies you enjoy. We also did our share of cannabis (and other substances). Not necessarily something to be proud of.

I spent 20 years working in Silicon Valley and invested in tech companies and retired to Thailand when I was 50. I've dabbled in cryptocurrencies but wouldn't risk my financial security to get rich quick.

I wish the best for crypto investors and hope the future will be as good as the past. But you never know.

Paul Laew

Dont even need to be old to be sceptical of crypto. If its to good to be true,,,,,,,,,,,,

Still looking for the creator behind it, but no one knows, so it is logical this is the future. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2022 at 9:58 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Following your suggestion, I invested in gold, and I am 2-3% 'in the red' now, thanks a lot! ????

But, I guess, it will appreciate in price within the next 5 years.

Being fully invested, I am looking forward to selling only, in the near future, possibly adding equities to my portfolio again, as they make up just around 10% now.

I wish you mentioned that before hand, I wouldn't actually buy it right now, I bought it in December as a hedge against inflation.

I have bought up stocks recently. 

Although it is hard to do, I found the only way to make money is to buy when things are down, the gut reaction is to buy things going up. It's weird how psychology works but I found looking at stocks/investments as any other business to help a lot. I used to have a few business' selling goods, I always would buy as much as I could when things were on sale and wait for demand to pick up before unloading everything as I could sell for a higher price.

But when I started investing my psychology told me the opposite, to buy when things were going up, maybe because I thought that would lead to me making money. Also there is the mentality that if a stock goes down, the company must be doing bad, and vice versa. 

After struggling to make money in investments, I started to integrate my knowledge of business into investing and just ignored day to day price action, when stocks went down significantly because of the "market" or "narrative" pushed by media, I bought up stocks that I was waiting to buy.

The stock market is really interesting, wall street seems to be a bunch of old farts because a lot of stock prices of companies make no sense and this is where you're able to make money, by finding these errors. One example was Pelaton, anyone who is in the fitness industry probably knows this companies stock price shouldn't have been going up that much, no one really uses it in the fitness world, maybe some influencers who got it for free for advertising but if you workout the last thing on your mind is buying a peloton. There was quite a few of these "errors" in the market, it was quite interesting to see how bad wall street is at understanding actual companies.

Which is why I am loading up on stocks right now, I think the "narrative" in the media pushing stock prices down this much makes little sense and a lot of companies that are, in my opinion going to do very well are being sold by wall street.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hummin said:

Dont even need to be old to be sceptical of crypto. If its to good to be true,,,,,,,,,,,,

Still looking for the creator behind it, but no one knows, so it is logical this is the future. 

You are confused. The creator of Bit Coin do you mean? Bit Coin is only one crypto. Some crypto and trash and a few are meaningful and useful.

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

You are confused. The creator of Bit Coin do you mean? Bit Coin is only one crypto. Some crypto and trash and a few are meaningful and useful.

Things take time, and to refresh your memory, Dot.com crash is a good reminder. Internet is useful yes, but still had go through a correction before established and the "true" value could be set.

On 1/24/2022 at 1:02 AM, Neeranam said:

With stocks crashing, bank interest practically zero, where are you putting your money?

That, of course, would depend on your financial situation. Are all your investments pure gravy, meaning, you live very comfortably on your pensions, private and governmental? If so, you'll be equally happy by being totally in a mattress, or totally in securities, or other risky areas, like crypto. Nice position to be in, i.e., not needing to be somewhat risky because you don't need a cash flow from your investments to live comfortably. So, for some lucky retirees, being totally risky, or totally conservative -- or in between -- are nice options to have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

That, of course, would depend on your financial situation. Are all your investments pure gravy, meaning, you live very comfortably on your pensions, private and governmental? If so, you'll be equally happy by being totally in a mattress, or totally in securities, or other risky areas, like crypto. Nice position to be in, i.e., not needing to be somewhat risky because you don't need a cash flow from your investments to live comfortably. So, for some lucky retirees, being totally risky, or totally conservative -- or in between -- are nice options to have.

Indeed, for myself, I still have kids at school/university, I'm still working. So my needs are different to someone who, for example, has retired and kids have grown up.  

2 hours ago, lkn said:

Peloton is selling subscriptions at $12,99/month and they currently have > 2 million people signed up, a number that has gone up since they started in 2014 and with a yearly retention rate of 92%.

So this is not about who uses their equipment in “the fitness world”, but rather getting people who wouldn’t otherwise go to a gym, sign up for their service (recurring revenue). How many people have aspirations of “getting in shape” but can’t find the time to go to the gym? That market is enormous, and that is why even Apple is now competing in this space with their Fitness+ service.

Look, I am not bullish on Peloton, but I find it rather ironic you call Wall Street old farts that do not understand businesses, and then you seem to display a fail in understanding the business case for what you are talking about.

Furthermore, who pushed up the stock price of Peloton? Of course we don’t know for sure, but my bet is on retail investors, not Wall Street. The same people who pushed up the price of Tesla, and probably some overlap with the meme stocks.

Peloton is only worth around 8 billion, compare that to the revenue RobinHood makes in fees on crypto trading alone, which is many times that. I make that comparison to show how much “dumb money” is out there and controlled by retail investors.

I’ve heard the subscription thesis ever since people were trying to justify buying the stock in the $100’s, didn’t work out so well. I understand what people are telling you to get you to buy the stock, I’m just disagreeing with it. 

I used to be in the fitness industry, I guess it’s something you need to have experienced to understand how an investment in Peloton’s stock makes little to no sense. History shows all the at home gym machine companies dying out but gyms are still around, ever wonder why?

Also people who have “aspirations” getting fit and don’t want to go to the gym or have time, don’t just fork out $2000 on a exercise bike, that’s a fantasy world. It’s another example of a thesis that makes no sense. 

Anyone serious about working out is going to go to the gym and anyone buying a $2000 pelaton is serious about working out. So most likely the only people that bought a pelaton are people who weren’t able to go to a gym because of covid lockdowns. Not some person who has “aspirations” to workout but doesn’t have time for the gym.  

Also an investment in a stock looks at future value rather than current value. It’s great they have 2 million subscribers now, will be a lot closer to 0 in 5 years, I can guarantee you that, unless gyms close forever. If you want to buy a company that is going to do worse in the future, you’re investing completely wrong.

Keep in mind Peloton is over negative $1 billion in cash flow right now. 

Where did you get the data that Robinhood is making multiples of 8 billion dollars of revenue? Their total revenue for 2021 reported to date is a little over 1.7 billion (pending q4). 

Although the media would like you to believe retail can move stocks, you’d have to be extremely gullible to believe that. Institutions move stocks, retail traders couldn’t make a stock budge if they were up against institutions if they tried. The only thing retail traders are moving are illiquid stocks that no institution touches like penny stocks. 

Edited by dj230

15 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I’ve heard the subscription thesis ever since people were trying to justify buying the stock in the $100’s, didn’t work out so well. I understand what people are telling you to get you to buy the stock, I’m just disagreeing with it. 

I used to be in the fitness industry, I guess it’s something you need to have experienced to understand how an investment in Peloton’s stock makes little to no sense. History shows all the at home gym machine companies dying out but gyms are still around, ever wonder why?

Also people who have “aspirations” getting fit and don’t want to go to the gym or have time, don’t just fork out $2000 on a exercise bike, that’s a fantasy world. It’s another example of a thesis that makes no sense. 

Anyone serious about working out is going to go to the gym and anyone buying a $2000 pelaton is serious about working out. So most likely the only people that bought a pelaton are people who weren’t able to go to a gym because of covid lockdowns. Not some person who has “aspirations” to workout but doesn’t have time for the gym.  

Also an investment in a stock looks at future value rather than current value. It’s great they have 2 million subscribers now, will be a lot closer to 0 in 5 years, I can guarantee you that, unless gyms close forever. If you want to buy a company that is going to do worse in the future, you’re investing completely wrong.

Keep in mind Peloton is over negative $1 billion in cash flow right now. 

Where did you get the data that Robinhood is making multiples of 8 billion dollars of revenue? Their total revenue for 2021 to date is a little over 1.7 billion. 

Although the media would like you to believe retail can move stocks, you’d have to be extremely gullible to believe that. Institutions move stocks, retail traders couldn’t make a stock budge if they were up against institutions if they tried. The only thing retail traders are moving are illiquid stocks that no institution touches like penny stocks. 

Covid have changed Alot, also future fitness standards. The first thing I built when I understood how covid would affect us, was a decent home gym, and continue to update equipment and accessories. I have everything I need, but there is always something. And with me, there is many who never will return to the gym, unless on travel. No more full paid membership for me. 

So I guess the value have to be adjusted, but I think the home gym and fitness business will have a new area for a long long time. 

9 hours ago, dj230 said:

I always would buy as much as I could when things were on sale and wait for demand to pick up before unloading everything as I could sell for a higher price.

But when I started investing my psychology told me the opposite, to buy when things were going up, maybe because I thought that would lead to me making money.

LOL. So, I am not the only one!

I'm pretty good when buying stuff when it's on sale, but as for financial markets, I often 'follow the herd', buying at, or close to the 'top', then often 'panick-selling' when things go awry. Over many years, I learned that not all investment positions will make me money, and that some I have to 'let go' at a loss...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Anyone serious about working out is going to go to the gym

Many gyms build their business model around people not showing up, so I am not sure I follow you there.

Anyway, as I said, I am not bullish on Peloton, I just thought OP was misunderstanding what business they are in, while at the same time claiming Wall Street are old farts who do not understand the businesses being traded.

Not being bullish though, if they can turn their loss to a profit, they do seem to have found a niche, they were already nearing one million subscribers pre-pandemic and have a good retention rate. My worries (if I were a Peloton investor) would be competitors (like Fitness+) stealing customers, rather than this just being a fad.

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

Where did you get the data that Robinhood is making multiples of 8 billion dollars of revenue? Their total revenue for 2021 reported to date is a little over 1.7 billion (pending q4). 

Yes, this was wrong, but I think the edit window had elapsed when I realized it. I think my point is still valid though, that an 8 billion dollar company can easily be propped up by retail investors alone, so an overvalued Peloton, I would not take as proof of a malfunctioning Wall Street, also given how hyped up Peloton is among its users (a la Tesla).

Few true hedges now exist. There are times when capital preservation becomes key.

Because of the profligacy with which the world first addressed 2008, and then Covid, plus the useless tax cut when R's still controlled the US Congress and wanted to feed the Donor Class, inflation has finally begun to kick in.....yet nothing has worked as a hedge against that.....not stocks, not gold, not housing, not cryptos. Housing may lag a bit and not remain an input in overall price inflation (because rising rates hurt borrowing), but it seems to have peaked. Lumber coming off gives a hint as to how rate-sensitive housing is.

Too many 'investors' have a belief that assumes prices will always at least go back to where they were.  Maybe that's true over the VERY long term, but as Keynes said, 'In the long term, we're all dead'.

When the stock market crashed in 1929, the Dow did not reach the same level until 1954---and that only because bankrupt companies were replaced in the index. That's 25 years to break even, non-inflation adjusted. In 1980 gold hit $850 and silver $48, and those levels took 30 years to beat. Japan hit its peak in 1989, and 33 years later remains well below that peak.

So many of today's 'investors' have never experienced a bear market. That suggests to me that if things continue south---whether equities or cryptos---panic will ensue. There are also precious few trades right now that are not 'crowded', as in everyone who wants to own already owns. Cash might lose the least as things shake out.

One final curiosity.....on the US Debt Clock, the scariest thing to me isn't the debt of the USG---as no govt ever has repaid its debt and no nation is going to start now---but the Avg Home Price vs Median Income. In 2000 it was $161,650 vs $31,627. Today it's $393,240 vs $35,692. So Median Income is up 13% while the Median Home Price is up 143%. Granted some of that is due to rates, but it smells bubblish....as do stocks and cryptos.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lkn said:

Many gyms build their business model around people not showing up, so I am not sure I follow you there.

Anyway, as I said, I am not bullish on Peloton, I just thought OP was misunderstanding what business they are in, while at the same time claiming Wall Street are old farts who do not understand the businesses being traded.

Not being bullish though, if they can turn their loss to a profit, they do seem to have found a niche, they were already nearing one million subscribers pre-pandemic and have a good retention rate. My worries (if I were a Peloton investor) would be competitors (like Fitness+) stealing customers, rather than this just being a fad.

Yes, this was wrong, but I think the edit window had elapsed when I realized it. I think my point is still valid though, that an 8 billion dollar company can easily be propped up by retail investors alone, so an overvalued Peloton, I would not take as proof of a malfunctioning Wall Street, also given how hyped up Peloton is among its users (a la Tesla).

Do you get most of your business information from the new articles meant to attract people with headlines? Because I remember watching a video about that once. This proves my point of Wall Street not understanding the actual business' at all. I know a few gym owners and none of them rely or build their business model around people not showing up. When I worked at the a gym briefly, most of the revenue was from upselling people personal training on top of their memberships, I wasn't comfortable with upselling customers who didn't know better and quit. I wonder if anyone from Wall Street actually goes to the gym, maybe they would have known no one uses a Peloton.

There no retail trader propping up billion dollar companies on the stock market let alone a trillion dollar company (Tesla). Even Gamestop and AMC was all caused by institutions even though the media tells you otherwise to try and get you to buy in as well. On the bloomberg terminal, you could see the buyers of GameStop's stock on dark pools when it happened and it was institutions buying up hundreds of millions of shares, I forget all the institutions but remember UBS was one, I think Morgan Stanley was another. 

16 hours ago, Hummin said:

Covid have changed Alot, also future fitness standards. The first thing I built when I understood how covid would affect us, was a decent home gym, and continue to update equipment and accessories. I have everything I need, but there is always something. And with me, there is many who never will return to the gym, unless on travel. No more full paid membership for me. 

So I guess the value have to be adjusted, but I think the home gym and fitness business will have a new area for a long long time. 

Do you own a peloton?

I also built a home gym when covid closures happened, but it wasn't with any of the gimmick home gym companies, nor a peloton. Was just a squat rack, bench, barbell, weights and I wasn't paying a monthly subscription fee to use them either.

I sold gym equipment briefly in 2020, had access to a wholesaler so I was able to get items before they could stock them on the shelves. Not one person asked me for a Peloton even though some asked me for exercise bikes, mostly Schwinn, they had a bike similar to a Peloton for half the cost. Bowflex made one too but no one asked for that. 

Edited by dj230

14 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Do you own a peloton?

I also built a home gym when covid closures happened, but it wasn't with any of the gimmick home gym companies, nor a peloton. Was just a squat rack, bench, barbell, weights and I wasn't paying a monthly subscription fee to use them either.

I sold gym equipment briefly in 2020, had access to a wholesaler so I was able to get items before they could stock them on the shelves. Not one person asked me for a Peloton even though plenty asked me for exercise bikes, mostly Schwinn, they had a bike similar to a Peloton for half the cost. Bowflex made one too but no one asked for that. 

No, no peloton, I didnt buy any fancy brand gym ,but functional solid Gymware made in Thailand, Squat rack, Hack lift, legpress, leg curl/extension, Olympia weights, dumbels, kettlebells, rowing machine and tradmill I invested top brand.

To be true, I do not read popular economic magazines, and for the moment I am only holding gold and land.

15 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

LOL. So, I am not the only one!

I'm pretty good when buying stuff when it's on sale, but as for financial markets, I often 'follow the herd', buying at, or close to the 'top', then often 'panick-selling' when things go awry. Over many years, I learned that not all investment positions will make me money, and that some I have to 'let go' at a loss...

That was me the first half year of buying stocks, I think that's why most people lose money and are better off investing in the s&p500.

I was fortunate enough to still be in the green though during my intro to the markets, I still am in an intro phase but am finally finding strategies that are consistently profitable. Before I would always sell once a position went red for a small loss, i.e 1% or less, but every time the position ended up going up significantly later and I knew I had to change my strategy.

I just try to watch certain companies that are doing well and have something revolutionary that will become apparent in the near future and then wait for a false narrative that causes the stock to go down. Apple was a good example in October, they had some news article from Reuters (I think, or Bloomberg) which was pushing a false narrative that they decreased production of the iPhone, the stock went down quite a bit to the $130's, and I was able to buy some before their Apple event displaying the M1 Max/M1 Pro MacBooks. It was pretty clear in the tech world that these new chips were going to be revolutionary so the stock selling off on that news, made no sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No, no peloton, I didnt buy any fancy brand gym ,but functional solid Gymware made in Thailand, Squat rack, Hack lift, legpress, leg curl/extension, Olympia weights, dumbels, kettlebells, rowing machine and tradmill I invested top brand.

To be true, I do not read popular economic magazines, and for the moment I am only holding gold and land.

Fair enough, that's one of the reasons I didn't understand investing in Peloton's stock, most of the people I knew building home gyms wanted weights for resistance exercise, few cardio machines and those who wanted cardio machines weren't buying Pelotons. 

Edited by dj230

3 minutes ago, dj230 said:

That was me the first half year of buying stocks, I think that's why most people lose money and are better off investing in the s&p500.

I was fortunate enough to still be in the green though during my intro to the markets, I still am in an intro phase but am finally finding strategies that are consistently profitable. Before I would always sell once a position went red for a small loss, i.e 1% or less, but every time the position ended up going up significantly later and I knew I had to change my strategy.

I just try to watch certain companies that are doing well and have something revolutionary that will become apparent in the near future and then wait for a false narrative that causes the stock to go down. Apple was a good example in October, they had some news article from Reuters (I think, or Bloomberg) which was pushing a false narrative that they decreased production of the iPhone, the stock went down quite a bit to the $130's, and I was able to buy some before their Apple event displaying the M1 Max/M1 Pro MacBooks. It was pretty clear in the tech world that these new chips were going to be revolutionary so the stock selling off on that news, made no sense to me. 

Fair enough, that's one of the reasons I didn't understand investing in Peloton's stock, most of the people I knew building home gyms wanted weights for resistance exercise, few cardio machines and those who wanted cardio machines weren't buying Pelotons. 

Im been lifting weights on and off for more than 30 years, and know what I need, and also know what I do not need. Pelotons is a concept, and I can understand the hype, but for me Im stuck with old routines and do not need the social connection, and just maintaining. I have several programs I can switch between without looking up things, or need a membership with personal coach or leader. If I need to refresh some techniches, I have a few I follow in Youtube. 

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

Do you get most of your business information from the new articles meant to attract people with headlines? Because I remember watching a video about that once. This proves my point of Wall Street not understanding the actual business' at all

Why so condescending? No, I do not get my news from click bait, and also, I do not represent Wall Street.

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

Even Gamestop and AMC was all caused by institutions even though the media tells you otherwise to try and get you to buy in as well

So institutions are long in failing businesses and the media is helping them get suckers like me to buy? Meanwhile the institutions are still buying up at inflated prices, as you saw on your Bloomberg terminal?

What you saw was probably institutions buying stocks to cover their short positions, and the media has no interest in getting me to buy meme stocks.

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

Apple was a good example in October, they had some news article from Reuters (I think, or Bloomberg) which was pushing a false narrative that they decreased production of the iPhone, the stock went down quite a bit to the $130's, and I was able to buy some before their Apple event displaying the M1 Max/M1 Pro MacBooks. It was pretty clear in the tech world that these new chips were going to be revolutionary so the stock selling off on that news, made no sense to me

This is Apple’s stock since the 30th of July 2021. Not really showing that “drop” based on false narrative that you describe. It didn’t drop significantly until January 4th, together with the rest of the market, but has recovered a little since their record earnings announced last Thursday.

Also, if you have been following Apple for a few years, you should know that there are pretty much always rumors about them scaling back production or that their products have underperformed.

image.png.5eb724a19cf8110f0cf1fbe5734ce134.png

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

Fair enough, that's one of the reasons I didn't understand investing in Peloton's stock, most of the people I knew building home gyms wanted weights for resistance exercise, few cardio machines

So again, I am not bullish on Peloton, but you need better research than just asking your friends, who are probably mostly male and are interested in building up muscle. How many women do you think buy squat racks and exercise to build muscle?

7 minutes ago, lkn said:

Why so condescending? No, I do not get my news from click bait, and also, I do not represent Wall Street.

So institutions are long in failing businesses and the media is helping them get suckers like me to buy? Meanwhile the institutions are still buying up at inflated prices, as you saw on your Bloomberg terminal?

What you saw was probably institutions buying stocks to cover their short positions, and the media has no interest in getting me to buy meme stocks.

As crazy as it may sound, yes, institutions are long failing business’ just like they’re short during short squeezes. Why do you think most of Wall Street has a hard time beating the market on returns? Mutual funds usually return much less than the s&p500, why? 
Plus Peloton and Tesla are both in the s&p500 so anyone who buys the index is going to be buying the their stock anyways which will push the price up and yes institutions aka big money buys the s&p500. So no, retail traders are not propping up billion dollar and trillion dolllar companies stock prices as much as you’d like to believe. 

Your theory of the massive purchases by institutions on GameStop’s stock covering short positions makes no sense because the amount of shares the institutions bought (in the hundreds of millions EACH) was more than the float, so even if they were hypothetically short they would have covered the whole entire float with a 76 million share purchase. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lkn said:

This is Apple’s stock since the 30th of July 2021. Not really showing that “drop” based on false narrative that you describe. It didn’t drop significantly until January 4th, together with the rest of the market, but has recovered a little since their record earnings announced last Thursday.

Also, if you have been following Apple for a few years, you should know that there are pretty much always rumors about them scaling back production or that their products have underperformed.

image.png.5eb724a19cf8110f0cf1fbe5734ce134.png

So again, I am not bullish on Peloton, but you need better research than just asking your friends, who are probably mostly male and are interested in building up muscle. How many women do you think buy squat racks and exercise to build muscle?

If you look at the picture you posted you would be able to see the decline I was talking about after the September peak, which was close to a $20 decline in stock price. 

I even found the article for you https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-tumbles-supply-crunch-hurts-211408262.html

I have to ask, what research do you have?

You keep saying you're not bullish on Peloton's stock but are making thesis' to support a bull case. I am just speaking off of my experience in the fitness industry. Also a Peloton being a speed bike is a form of resistance training, thus it would have similar effects on "muscle building" as lifting weights, opposed to low intensity cardio like walking on a treadmill. It's a myth that lifting weights makes women muscular / bulky, it's another false narrative. I can't help but ask again if you get most of your information from flashy news headlines because most of your arguments are based off of what is usually shown in news headlines but not actual facts. I'm not trying to be condescending, but not much of what you say is actually true. Anyone willing to spend $2000 on a Peloton probably knows that, so I don't see how your argument of a person "not trying to build muscle" would buy a Peloton. 

I never said everyone would buy a squat rack, that's another false narrative, I never even responded to your replies mentioning a squat rack, that was a response to a complete different conversation. 

None the less, what I said was MOST people wanted to buy weights that were building home gyms, which was in response to a comment who mentioned they decided to build a home gym opposed to going back to a commercial gym. 

If you read, I also said that I sold gym equipment during 2020, so it wasn't just a few friends that I asked to get information and yes I sold gym equipment to both men and women, all the women I sold gym equipment to were buying weights, the people buying the speed bikes were all men. 

Edited by dj230

14 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

At my age, I am all spending now and the damn Covid has put a break. In the past it was all in stocks and real estate that made me a millionaire like any other 20 million Americans. If you're in stocks and real estate, don't worry if market is crashing or not. And I don't know anybody who has become wealthy from bank interests. 

We don't know if the current slump is a correction or the beginning of a bear market. But even if it's a bear market, it usually only lasts for a year or two. If we can get past this Covid and bring inflation down, we can return to some sort of normality.

If you're taking 5% a year out of your retirement funds, this slump will just be a blip. I'm not worried. This year's expenses came out of my cash account, and I'm holding all my mutual funds and ETF's. I've been increasing my position in S&P 500 funds, but still holding funds that have been big winners like the Fidelity Contrafund. My family is funded for life, that's what matters.

Paul Laew

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

It talks about “tumbling” down to $144.42 in after-hours trading (not the $130's as you said), and after reporting “disappointing fourth-quarter results”, not some false narrative as you talked about.

And still, stock was trading around 30x earnings, which is twice what they traded at just a few years ago, and $144 is still pretty close to the previous ATH. But congratulation on your excellent timing by seeing through these false narratives and realizing the potential of their M1 Max/Pro chips, when the company makes less than 10% of their income from laptops…