Where would you put your earnings?

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

So no, retail traders are not propping up billion dollar and trillion dolllar companies stock prices as much as you’d like to believe

Retail investors buy for $1-2 billion worth of U.S. stocks and ETFs on a single day, sometimes surpassing that. So you don’t think they can affect the price of companies like GME or AMC (both I think were around $1bn when the r/wallstreetbets started)? Sure seems like the most likely scenario, but perhaps you can explain what institutional investors wanted with these companies, when the buying frenzy started last year? And why they didn’t just outright but the entire company.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lkn said:

Retail investors buy for $1-2 billion worth of U.S. stocks and ETFs on a single day, sometimes surpassing that. So you don’t think they can affect the price of companies like GME or AMC (both I think were around $1bn when the r/wallstreetbets started)? Sure seems like the most likely scenario, but perhaps you can explain what institutional investors wanted with these companies, when the buying frenzy started last year? And why they didn’t just outright but the entire company.

You got me, what would institutional investors want with a stock going up 100%+ in a day? Must have been retail. I guess retail traders are really what's causing the fluctuations in the biggest companies in the world. Not the trillions of dollars under management by institutions.

Well if institutions just outright bought GameStop, they wouldn't have anyone to sell the shares to for hundreds of dollars each, like retail traders that believe that they move markets because of the media 

4 hours ago, lkn said:

It talks about “tumbling” down to $144.42 in after-hours trading (not the $130's as you said), and after reporting “disappointing fourth-quarter results”, not some false narrative as you talked about.

And still, stock was trading around 30x earnings, which is twice what they traded at just a few years ago, and $144 is still pretty close to the previous ATH. But congratulation on your excellent timing by seeing through these false narratives and realizing the potential of their M1 Max/Pro chips, when the company makes less than 10% of their income from laptops…

Whoops wrong article, 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-10-12/apple-poised-to-slash-iphone-production-goals-due-to-chip-crunch

Any significant improvement in a company should cause the stock price to go up and not down, that was reason I bought the stock. Are you saying the stock should have went down when they released new revolutionary technology based off of the laptops being less than 10% of their income? I'll just agree to disagree and we can see how apples stock does and pelotons. 

Edited by dj230

25 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Well if institutions just outright bought GameStop, they wouldn't have anyone to sell the shares to for hundreds of dollars each

So you are saying that GME and AMC was all institutional investors collaborating on a pump’n’dump? Doesn’t explain why you saw them buy up the stock after it rose in price… anyway, this is ridiculous, this has been covered from so many angles already with timelines that match the r/wallstreetbets activity, and RobinHood CEO interview about the liquidity problem they faced, but I am sure that was just a false narrative from a click-bait story designed to fool me…

22 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Article from the 12th of October, where stock price was $141.51 and it only went up from that date. So not supporting your original story about false narratives that made the stock drop and you then buying it in the 130’s because you saw through it all…

On 1/25/2022 at 2:18 AM, Muzzique said:

As other here with far greater knowledge about investment know the dangers of Crypto and why you are walking on very very thin ice I suggest you try to drill some holes either side of the lump of wood on your shoulders.

Freddy42OZ is talking absolute sense about Crypto. I work right at at the heart of Crypto development in CH. In the last year I have built 7 Crypto's for major NFT's. You talk of Quantum computing like it will increase Crypto value, but it's actually like printing more bank notes to curb inflation.

With the new NFT's coming out Bitcoin will become eclipsed. It has only a perceived value. There are no Gold reserves to back it up.

I held Bitcoin for 10 years and have done well out of it but I got out 6 months ago because the NFT Tsunami is coming.

Ok. I've been in crypto for a few years. Intention was never to immerse myself in and completely understand the technology but to simply buy, sell and make money.

NFT's are new to me. My simple understanding of what an NFT is that it is basically a digital file that is bought and sold on the Ethereum blockchain utilizing Ethereum for payment. I understand there are other blockchains to be utilized but I don't want to introduce all the variables and options.

With that said, I am confused regarding your efforts in creating crypto's for major NFT's. Might you please take a moment to elaborate? Secondly, I researched the minting of and sale of NFT's to be sold on the Ethereum blockchain. I am confused on how there is (example) a "gas" fee of 325.00 US for an NFT with a sale price of 50.00 US. 

Thank you in advance.

5 hours ago, Nino3 said:

Ok. I've been in crypto for a few years. Intention was never to immerse myself in and completely understand the technology but to simply buy, sell and make money.

NFT's are new to me. My simple understanding of what an NFT is that it is basically a digital file that is bought and sold on the Ethereum blockchain utilizing Ethereum for payment. I understand there are other blockchains to be utilized but I don't want to introduce all the variables and options.

With that said, I am confused regarding your efforts in creating crypto's for major NFT's. Might you please take a moment to elaborate? Secondly, I researched the minting of and sale of NFT's to be sold on the Ethereum blockchain. I am confused on how there is (example) a "gas" fee of 325.00 US for an NFT with a sale price of 50.00 US. 

Thank you in advance.

I would suggest you raise this question on Discord on one of the Metaverse servers to unconfuse yourself.

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2022 at 2:10 PM, Expat68 said:

Spread the risk about (UK expat) I have some in premium bonds, savings account, still have house in UK and 30 years ago I invested in an ethical fund, even in these times it has averaged/averaging about 15%

I never thought of Premium Bonds. Is Ernie still on the go?

Can I buy them online?

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

I never thought of Premium Bonds. Is Ernie still on the go?

Can I buy them online?

No , sadly he passed away at age 52 , following an altercation outside 22 Liddley Lane with a love rival , named two-ton Ted from Teddington , whilst Trigger , his horse bolted in fright and was never seen again..????

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Muzzique said:

I would suggest you raise this question on Discord on one of the Metaverse servers to unconfuse yourself.

Why? The man stated he works right at the heart of Crypto development. The question is a simple question? Is this not what the forum is for? 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What about the spending value of the $?

15 years ago (2007) I could get the first iPhone with 8 GB of storage, no GPS, no video recording, no biometric ID, etc. for $599. Today I can get a vastly superior 64 GB iPhone SE for $399.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, lkn said:

15 years ago (2007) I could get the first iPhone with 8 GB of storage, no GPS, no video recording, no biometric ID, etc. for $599. Today I can get a vastly superior 64 GB iPhone SE for $399.

Shouldn't you compare the first iPhone with the latest iPhone?

The USD is losing value.

Every currency lost value compared to 15 years ago. Purchasing power goes down every day. The reason you should invest , not keep your earnings in the bank.

US$1 =32-33 Thai baht today, about the same as 15 years ago.

SP500 is at about 4500, buy.

Edited by Thailand J

On 1/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, Thailand J said:

US economy will continue to expand, US corporates will continue to be profitable. I will continue to keep my money in US stocks.

S&P 500 has tripled since I retired 15 years ago, so has my investment.

Screenshot 2022-01-30 223344.jpg

You've done well. If I were you, I'd take some of those profits and invest in something else. Hedge at least.