Sixty Day Covid 19 Extensions Order Extended To March 26

I had an ED visa.

Yesterday I did a covid extension.

Do I still have Non-IMM (ED) status right now? Or is it covid extension status? What is my possibility to stay after this? I am so confused ????

26 march go be really hectic... will have overstay or have to be in the plane.. have a motorbike, condo, expensive <deleted> in house, fiber internet for a year... No idea how I will deal with all this insecurity. Not even mention about the Covid PCR <deleted> for 3 days..

Edited by E020

7 minutes ago, E020 said:

Do I still have Non-IMM (ED) status right now? Or is it covid extension status? What is my possibility to stay after this? I am so confused

You still have a stay from a non-ed visa. According to the new order you will not be able to apply for another covid 19 extension unless they change the order in March if they issue another one.

Maybe their will be some border crossings open by March.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You still have a stay from a non-ed visa. According to the new order you will not be able to apply for another covid 19 extension unless they change the order in March if they issue another one.

My agent said something like they will have a fixed visa run without quarantine. Would be perfect. However, why the hassle.. would just be better to let people pay extra money for a new visa right? Hell, we will see.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not arguing with you at all but the order says upon expiry of the 90 days from an initial Non-O, ED visa etc.. you cannot then switch to a COVID extension. There's a slight possibility that this means people who have already been getting COVID extensions could be grandfathered in, more clarification is definitely needed.

1 hour ago, E020 said:

My agent said something like they will have a fixed visa run without quarantine. Would be perfect. However, why the hassle.. would just be better to let people pay extra money for a new visa right? Hell, we will see.

Sandbox, sealed route visa run. Sounds unlikely. 

44 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

Not arguing with you at all but the order says upon expiry of the 90 days from an initial Non-O, ED visa etc.. you cannot then switch to a COVID extension. There's a slight possibility that this means people who have already been getting COVID extensions could be grandfathered in, more clarification is definitely needed.

If your already on a Covid extension, your Non Immigrant Visa has probably already expired.
That still doesn't change the fact your status is still Non Immigrant as opposed to Tourist.

• Like 1

Saw someone mentioning on Twitter that you can only get one covid extension stamp. I guess this is nonsense since some people have been doing it for a year now. So just to confirm, if I came to Thailand on a TR visa and got my first covid extension on Jan 25, I can obviously apply for another + 60 day covid extension on March 25 and stay until May 25?

All this talk about them being stricter about extending now but I just don't get it what extra papers could they ask for? Maybe a flight ticket out of course but what else? The embassy letter must be history since there's really no such country that won't allow you to return back home (maybe New Zeland but that's about it). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

So this just means that anyone who entered with a TR visa can apply until Mar 25 no matter if they are already on a +60 day covid extension now, right?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

So just to confirm, if I came to Thailand on a TR visa and got my first covid extension on Jan 25, I can obviously apply for another + 60 day covid extension on March 25 and stay until May 25?

Thats correct.

As for more strict attitude from immigration, think best to chill and watch for reports of any issues.

For example Hua Hin were making folk produce embassy letter.

Of course use of agent was a way around that.

CW were asking some folk for outbound flight. All rubbish and ways around that.

Edited by DrJack54

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Thats correct.

As for more strict attitude from immigration, think best to chill and watch for reports of any issues.

For example Hua Hin were making folk produce embassy letter.

Of course use of agent was a way around that.

CW were asking some folk for outbound flight. All rubbish and ways around that.

Thanks and yes I agree to all of that. All basically nonsense because nobody could have a real reason anymore, so we just need to make something up. Asking for an embassy letter is hilarious when there's probably no embassy willing to write that at this point when borders are open and you can return back home fine.

Personally I applied for my first covid extension on Jan 24 and nothing was asked. Going to do it again on March 25, but if they're asking for extra docs, not sure what I could do. I have a flight back to Europe in June but I don't want to chenge the date of that. If people report outbound tickets being asked then it's best to buy an extra low cost ticket to a neighbouring country. 

14 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

. If people report outbound tickets being asked then it's best to buy an extra low cost ticket to a neighbouring country. 

You can also look at "rent a flight".

Many companies such as 'onwardflight'. 

Not expensive. 

BTW you don't need to leave your next one to last minute. Your 60 days will date from end of your current permit.

Agent is always option.

Had to resort to that recently for friends dealing with Hua Hin. 

Another rogue immigration office.

Edited by DrJack54

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You can also look at "rent a flight".

Many companies such as 'onwardflight'. 

Not expensive. 

BTW you don't need to leave your next one to last minute. Your 60 days will date from end of your current permit.

Agent is always option.

Had to resort to that recently for friends dealing with Hua Hin. 

Another rogue immigration office.

At least time at CW they extended from the day I went to get the + 60 days. I was wondering why that is but didn't bother to stay chatting. They even asked me if it's ok that I get 60 days counting from the day I applied. Not sure why tho. I went about a week earlier than the Jan deadline.

I didn't know you can use an agent to get you a +60 covid extension. I could do that if it makes it easier, but will check some reports first when people really start applying for the next one and giving reports.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChomDo said:

I didn't know you can use an agent to get you a +60 covid extension. I could do that if it makes it easier

Yes it's easier but not free and should not need an agent.

The friends I referred to and we ended up using agent are tourists from USA. 

Was able to obtain covid extension and the 60 days commenced from end of their permit. Also no return after under consideration period. 

All done on the spot. 

5500 however that included my driver (long way) and of course the 1900baht fee.

Should not be required but Hua Hin were pulling stunts. 

Screenshot_20220121-134119~2.jpg

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you entered the country visa exempt you will be able to get another 60 day covid 19 extension.

Could IO deny anyone this extension based on their own discretion (e.g. you have been here too much, you don't have exit flight, your country is not locked down, your reason to stay is not good enough, etc.)?   

Edited by audaciousnomad

1 hour ago, audaciousnomad said:

Could IO deny anyone this extension based on their own discretion (e.g. you have been here too much, you don't have exit flight, your country is not locked down, your reason to stay is not good enough, etc.)?   

Bascily no.

Some offices have been reported as wanting a ticket out ot the country.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

So for those of us who were told at MTT that the previous extension would be our last, you think that was just a bluff essentially?

This concern is also why I asked. I think both you and I were given the intimidation line, "If I see you here in March you will only be given 7 days !!"  by that Dragon Lady at the far-right desk.  ????

41 minutes ago, anymajordude said:

So for those of us who were told at MTT that the previous extension would be our last, you think that was just a bluff essentially?

Interesting! Was this in Chaeng Wattahana? How many covid extensions have you done so far? I did my first last month an they asked for nothing nor bothered me with any questions. Not sure if the second one on Mar 25 will be so pleasant – hope so.

3 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

According to this post No Bluff see last paragraph

Explain more clearly what your trying to say. 

No bluff means stuff all.

More likely a money grab to push for use of agents. 

Your just spreading panic based on Mr DH.

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Explain more clearly what your trying to say. 

No bluff means stuff all.

More likely a money grab to push for use of agents. 

Your just spreading panic based on Mr DH.

Incorrect link

Correct link here

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1486654670428782596

No Idea who Mr DH is

Edited by vinny41
addional info
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Not sure if the second one on Mar 25 will be so pleasant – hope so

Ask yourself few questions. 

Will covid be done by then.

Will land borders be open.

Can I fly to Japan for sushi.

You can obtain another prior to March 26.

You may be extorted, but that's another story. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Mr ...head.

I don't bother with lot of his stuff. 

Each to their own Here is the last paragraph in the provided link

In the case of tourists already in the country. At the end of the 60-day period for permission to stay in the Kingdom, this time they must leave the country.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1486654670428782596

Edited by vinny41
typo

2 hours ago, anymajordude said:

Thanks, but does "the 60-day period for permission to stay in the Kingdom" refer to the 60-day period we are in now (i.e. ending March 25th), or the future 60-day period we would receive with a further extension (i.e. ending at some point in May)?

If the latter, that would still mean that mean that we would still get one more extension, as opposed to no more extensions (or only a 7-day extension), as some of us were told last time.  It doesn't answer whether the "threat" we received last time was valid or not.

The wording at the top of the attachment indicates they are talking about the current period

I guess you can seek advice from the visa centre on these forums or immigration

There isn't a 7 day extension if you apply for a extension on the last day of your current extension and that request is denied you are given 7 days to leave the country