Jump to content

Convert Non-Imm B to Non-Imm O-A in Thailand

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, do you know the process of converting a Non-Immigrant B visa to a Non-Immigrant O-A within Thailand?

I have been working in Thailand for many years under Non-B but now I am retiring I want to convert my visa to Non-Imm O-A when I stop working (1 year visa but preferably 5 years if possible).

Can I do that without having to leave and re-enter Thailand?
Has someone done that before?



Link to post
Share on other sites

You can only apply for one year extension of stay while in the country. A OA visa is only issued at a Thai embassy or official consulate in home country or country of legal residence.

You change your the reason for your extension of stay based upon working to retirement at immigration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why not change to O visa based on retirement instead of O-A?

He does not need to do that. He can apply for a extension of stay based upon retirement at immigration. See my previous post.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

I have a Non-Imm B that's been extended 10 times for reason of retirement. 

Strange, I thought Non-Imm B is only for work permit.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...