Opinion: It is time we end this pandemic

webfact

I live precisely in "lower Sukhumvit towards Asoke" and it's like a brick driveway where lots of weeds grew up between the bricks and then someone came and sprayed weed killer and they almost all died but after a while some hardy ones came back and exist in various stages of distress or health scattered among the cracks in the bricks.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I arrived back in Thailand/Bangkok this morning on the 6.15am Thai Airways arrival from London.

Do you knowhow many people - other than myself - that were on that Thai airways 777 flight ? 

Just 20 ! I am sure there were just as many staff as passengers.

The lunacy of getting on the flight being treated like a criminal as they searched for things to deny you entry to get on the flight. the lunacy of having about 20 people checking you and directing you at the other end

Thailand is going to hell in a basket with these ridiculous and nutcase policies. The airport arrivals was deserted basically of visitors - well, that's a lie, I saw 3. 

It seems a quite deliberate destruction now. It's good they only pay these people 300 baht a day maybe as western wages would shut the airport with such passengers numbers to staff

ok, but you flew in at the worst time between the old test&go and the new which will start on Feb 1. Moreover, I believe that part of the "emptiness" was due to you being on a TG flight direct from London. Probably a different story at mid-day.

6 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

I arrived back in Thailand/Bangkok this morning on the 6.15am Thai Airways arrival from London.

Do you knowhow many people - other than myself - that were on that Thai airways 777 flight ? 

The lunacy of getting on the flight being treated like a criminal as they searched for things to deny you entry to get on the flight. the lunacy of having about 20 people checking you and directing you at the other end

Thailand is going to hell in a basket with these ridiculous and nutcase policies. The airport arrivals was deserted basically of visitors - well, that's a lie, I saw 3. 

It seems a quite deliberate destruction now. It's good they only pay these people 300 baht a day maybe as western wages would shut the airport with such passengers numbers to staff

I’d rather be on a plane if 20 than 320; less chance of picking it up. You probably traveled at the right time. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

But according to TAT there are millions of tourist waiting to flood back in.

You can call it what you like Pandemic, Epidemic, or create Fast track entry without quarantine. None if this matters if no one will be coming back which they won't.

They should change TAT for FADH as in Flogging A Dead Horse

Edited by Muzzique
  • Like 1

I really don't think the government is the least bit concerned about tourists - especially now as high season booking is done. The covid issue is domestic.

The government is ever more dysfunctional, unstable and rumors are swirling...

I used to think the human tragedy that is the Philippines was the new model for Thailand but I'm coming around to the idea it will be a blend of Myanmar authoritarianism, Philippine crony capitalism and vertical markets overlaid by a Chinese social credit system for the city folk. Those in the countryside will simply be forgotten left to pay tribute in rice, vegetables and meat.

Edited by TheScience
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

What were they searching for?  You mean checking your luggage and everything you have on you for contraband, or something in the paperwork?

Check in literally went through every piece of paper document line by line. And if you do not have a flight out booked on a 30 day exemption stamp, you aint getting on the plane. Some even got through to the plane only to be turfed off on entering the plane for 'connection' issues

• Like 2