Transferwise

3 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

I think Dr Jack54 is sending money from Australia not EUROPE

It is a screenshot from Wise as illustration purpose!! And that screenshot is when you add a Receipient (Dr Jack will see AUD of course)

33 minutes ago, cliveshep said:

They need your mobile phone number and text you a verification code you enter in on the screen ands that is it and even that is only because of EU rules as they never used to do that.

Thank goodness for Brexit is all I can say since I've never been subject to this procedure in the case of my Wise transfers from the UK (most recently as last week)!????

• Thanks 1

Thank you to all the helpful replies.

So I did two transfer using Wise.

As some suggested I just needed my account # and name of bank..

Afterwards checked OFX .

Wise better by approx 7500 baht per transfer

Screenshot_20220221-102042~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220221-101837.jpg

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cliveshep said:

They need your mobile phone number and text you a verification code you enter in on the screen ands that is it and even that is only because of EU rules as they never used to do that.

That is a security feature called 2FA (2 Factor Authentication) and NO that is nothing to do with EU rules (you can't blame the EU for everything ???? )

Read more about 2FA here

Ps: Also Google and other Sites are doing that (2FA that is)

https://www.csoonline.com/article/3239144/2fa-explained-how-to-enable-it-and-how-it-works.html

and here the explanation from WISE

https://wise.com/help/articles/2960083/what-is-step-login?origin=related-article-2932125&id=2960083&slug=what-is-2-step-login

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wise told me a month ago that it can longer send more than THB 49,999 in one go to any bank except BB, SCB and Kasikorn (I use Krungsri).  Now it tells me it can't send more than Baht 200,000 in one go to Bangkok Bank.  I have tried xe.com, but it won't accept Thailand as country of residence.  They say banking regs have changed.  Can anyone advise on this?

On 1/29/2022 at 6:25 AM, elgenon said:

I have read some good tips in the past so I am asking. Thanks for the reply. Do you agree with the other poster that Western Union would be more appropriate?

No, Western Union gives very poor exchange rate and will cost you more.

Use Wise or Instrarem with much better exchange rate.

I am sure this isn't a one-off thing and you can use your Wise/Instarem account sometimes in the future.

The Wise/Instarem account can remain inactive for a few years without any charge.

Edited by EricTh

21 minutes ago, auntyedna said:

Wise told me a month ago that it can longer send more than THB 49,999 in one go to any bank except BB, SCB and Kasikorn (I use Krungsri).  Now it tells me it can't send more than Baht 200,000 in one go to Bangkok Bank.  I have tried xe.com, but it won't accept Thailand as country of residence.  They say banking regs have changed.  Can anyone advise on this?

You can either open up another bank account like SCB or use Instarem.

Instarem doesn't cover as many countries as Wise but it does cover Australia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Euro Zone Countries, UK, India, Canada and the US.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auntyedna said:

Now it tells me it can't send more than Baht 200,000 in one go to Bangkok Bank. 

Haven't experienced that issue with a number of recent transfers which have each yielded on average around 220k to my Bangkok Bank account. Are you using the bank transfer or debit card method for initiating your transfers (I use the former)?

I can confirm that when transferring a small amount today (3 seconds) there was a line stating there is a maximum of 200,000 baht daily transfer. I think it is nothing to do with Wise but is something Prayut's mates dreamed up. Perhaps it was to ensure that it is only they doing the money laundering and not you. Given the levels of corruption being exposed of late anything is possible.

I confess to being jaundiced about this fake democratic government - but it seems even Bangkok Post is growing a pair these days. The hard-hitting Opinion article in todays issue "Renegades bring House debate to life" lays out the extreme and corruption endemic throughout the government and  Army. 

So there is a limit imposed by the Government of cash transfers in for the anti-money-laundering reason and it is in the Wise "blurb" when you sign in and start a transfer.

1 hour ago, RAZZELL said:

Really don't know is going on with this app.

Sometimes I send money in the am (around now at 7.30am) and it arrives in Thailand the same day. Other times the next day (like today) 

Bizarre.

RAZZ

the next day one, which bank? what time? what reason for transfer?

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

the next day one, which bank? what time? what reason for transfer?

Bangkok Bank, 7.30am this morning Thai time, Funds for long term stay.

Last half a dozen times has transferred the same day - usually drops in my Bkk Bank account about 2.05pm.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

Really don't know is going on with this app.

Sometimes I send money in the am (around now at 7.30am) and it arrives in Thailand the same day. Other times the next day (like today) 

Bizarre.

RAZZ

Same here.

Transfered 100k to my SCB account yesterday in the early morning, still not arrived

• Like 1

I too experienced an issue today with what would normally be a transfer made in seconds.  Again with BBL, it initally gave a time of 04:00 (GMT) or 11:00 (ICT) which was already 35 minutes later than I would have expected.  It then changed at least 5 times in this screen:

image.png.5dc9e653df3c057deba9379cf97a8763.png

Before finally arriving at 09:12 (15:12) with a transfer from other bank descriptor.

image.png.785922691aca8168f955ccd2e12c9e6a.png

Not the same as the longer ones above which should have the International Transfer descriptor and are known to take longer, but another indicator that something has gone awry.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

you're not providing enough info for the post to be useful, there are legit reasons

Exactly the same criteria as yesterday. UK Bank to Bangkok Bank, Funds for long-term stay in Thailand. 20 minutes earlier and higher value amount.

Is that enough information?

RAZZ

• Like 2