Thailand saved my life.

Top man

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IME, also a damn sight more attractive in Thailand. Check out a UK telephone booth, it's a whale competition.

Those aren't their real photos in the telephone booths .

Prostitutes from all over the World go to work in London and there is much more variety than in Thailand , where they all look similar 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Those aren't their real photos in the telephone booths .

Prostitutes from all over the World go to work in London and there is much more variety than in Thailand , where they all look similar 

AFAICT only in nationality. Thailand has an infinite variety of shapes and sizes.

They are not their real photos? You mean they are even uglier?

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

AFAICT only in nationality. Thailand has an infinite variety of shapes and sizes.

They are not their real photos? You mean they are even uglier?

Are you suggesting that Thais have more variety in their appearance than the rest of the World put together ?

As for photos of prostitutes advertising their services in phone booths , I dont take much notice of the photos and never use their services , so I couldnt tell you what they look like 

Mark Twain:

"If I do not get out of debt in three months --- pistols or poison for one --- exit me."

"You see, the lightning refuses to strike me -- that is where the defect is.  We have to do our own striking, as Barney Bernato did. But nobody ever gets the courage till he goes crazy."

"Suicide is the only sane thing the young or old ever do in this life."

"Unfortunately none of us can see far ahead; prophecy is not for us. Hence the paucity of suicides."

Is there really nothing that Mark Twain did not write about, so clearly?

Even Hemingway lauded Mark Twain in stating that the book, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, was the book from which ....

“All modern American literature comes from one book by Mark Twain called 'Huckleberry Finn,'” Ernest Hemingway famously declared in 1935. “It's the best book we've had. All American writing comes from that. There was nothing before."

Mark Twain?

Who was he?

Maybe Twain was just another tortured soul who wrote better than all other Americans.

Never give up until you have written the perfect sentence.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I live there in SE London but it's expensive in the centre/West end but fun. Nightlife becomes inaccessible at times. The suburbs are fun in the summer but when winter sets in its a  bit grim.  The ideal  is 9 months here and 3 months there..but covid  stopped  that. When I return home its both unnerving  and reassuring that my same mates are in the same Pub in the same seats...

Your last sentence ! After my first visit out here before it became permanent I went back to my old job and a chap there said ' 'ello Phil where have you been not seen you lately '.     Just LoS for a month or so.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Are you suggesting that Thais have more variety in their appearance than the rest of the World put together ?

As for photos of prostitutes advertising their services in phone booths , I dont take much notice of the photos and never use their services , so I couldnt tell you what they look like 

You stated those were not their real photos, how would you know unless you had used their services?

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Crystal place area , three bedroom property 300 000 GBP

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/113247713#/?channel=RES_BUY

Its not a house. But Yes. It's a three bedroom flat on a council estate. Unfortunately  this area is not being gentrified. Anti social  neighbours are an issue, crime and violence etc but yes it has potential. Its not freehold so leasehold fees, service charges and maintenance  could be very high

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I tell you what, no I don't live in England I am a pensioner in OZ and I live very happy I got every thing I need after I lost every thing in LOS I don't own a home anymore have no superanuation just live on my pension, have no problems with visas get a lot of help from the government with help to pay my rent and electricity and many other things free medical cover and hospital and I even used to come to Thailand twice a year (but not now as you know) in all the years I spend in Thailand I never ever went to a bar so don't call me a bar stool expert. So my opinion take it or leave it

Problem with you is while you're fond of trolling other peoples comments you also make up stories as you go so we don't know if you're telling porkies or not

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Its not a house. But Yes. It's a three bedroom flat on a council estate. Unfortunately  this area is not being gentrified. Anti social  neighbours are an issue, crime and violence etc but yes it has potential. Its not freehold so leasehold fees, service charges and maintenance  could be very high

Yes , but if you want a large property in the U.Ks most expensive location , you would have to pay the going rate , if you cannot to afford to live in the Countries most expensive location, you would have to find somewhere within your budget

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes , but if you want a large property in the U.Ks most expensive location , you would have to pay the going rate , if you cannot to afford to live in the Countries most expensive location, you would have to find somewhere within your budget

I agree. No argument  there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

I tell you what, no I don't live in England I am a pensioner in OZ and I live very happy I got every thing I need after I lost every thing in LOS I don't own a home anymore have no superanuation just live on my pension, have no problems with visas get a lot of help from the government with help to pay my rent and electricity and many other things free medical cover and hospital and I even used to come to Thailand twice a year (but not now as you know) in all the years I spend in Thailand I never ever went to a bar so don't call me a bar stool expert. So my opinion take it or leave it

Leave

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

There's no tube or bus routes from Anerly to Central london

To Hammer, querying why I  put a  "confused"   against  his   post.  Another   reader has already answered    you.   Please  re read    the   original post, the guy    stated  quite cleary his  thoughts,  suicide    was  on his mind.  For   using the monikerHammer, you must be a sensitive little sole to  get upset at criticism.

As   for           seemingly    destructive comments          o n this firum,  we must remember  quite a lot of us   are no longer in the    prime of youth,  and  can get bitter about life as we age. However I do feel    most of the posts appearing here  are from people  who do like this country, and its people, but  are bitter about practices and laws  that  treat  the  average Thai   person badly, to say the least, and are discriminatory     to not just us farangs, but the  poor  Thai person as well .    The nature of  Thais is not to criticise or complain, thats considered bad manners, whilst    farangs reserve the right to complain  against injustice and corruption, is that  wrong?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO the people that complain about Thailand are either too lazy to change where they live, or would complain about wherever they are- the universal complainers about everything, for whom the glass is always empty.

Correct: we carry our emotional  baggage with us

28 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

To Hammer, querying why I  put a  "confused"   against  his   post.  Another   reader has already answered    you.   Please  re read    the   original post, the guy    stated  quite cleary his  thoughts,  suicide    was  on his mind.  For   using the monikerHammer, you must be a sensitive little sole to  get upset at criticism.

As   for           seemingly    destructive comments          o n this firum,  we must remember  quite a lot of us   are no longer in the    prime of youth,  and  can get bitter about life as we age. However I do feel    most of the posts appearing here  are from people  who do like this country, and its people, but  are bitter about practices and laws  that  treat  the  average Thai   person badly, to say the least, and are discriminatory     to not just us farangs, but the  poor  Thai person as well .    The nature of  Thais is not to criticise or complain, thats considered bad manners, whilst    farangs reserve the right to complain  against injustice and corruption, is that  wrong?

Thank you for your response albeit  its somewhat Ill tempered and superior tone. I can see no reference  to suicide. That is why I asked for clarification, a sincere request. There is no reference  to suicide. Yes you are confused.

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Pathetic response

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Anyway  if there had been a reference  to suicide  the response:

'why top yerself at home and save the airfare'

was insensitive and tasteless

27 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Anyway  if there had been a reference  to suicide  the response:

'why top yerself at home and save the airfare'

was insensitive and tasteless

So what does this post refer to then, the post by the OP ??

13 years ago I went to Thailand to end it all, after getting off the plane and 3 days later I realised life is special, the Thai life appealed too me, 

23 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

So what does this post refer to then, the post by the OP ??

13 years ago I went to Thailand to end it all, after getting off the plane and 3 days later I realised life is special, the Thai life appealed too me, 

Thank you for your succint response: I wish someone had pointed this out earlier as I requested. I  read 'end it all' as leaving an old life behind and starting afresh. I went on to read the rest which is positive  and life affirming. Now I am confused too as to why someone  would come to Thailand  to commit suicide