Renew a retired Visa

Dear farang mates,

Is needed for first renew of my retired Visa the 800,000 baths in Thai bank or I can show to Thai goverment that I have more than this money in bank account in my country same I did to get this one?

Even I read that it's needed to stay in Thai bank two months before renew it.

Regards

OP, you are not  'renewing your retired visa' 

You previously obtained a non O-A. (please confirm that indeed non O-A).

Seems that now you need to obtain an extension.

That requires 800k in Thai bank account in your name only, for a period of 2 months prior to application. Along with ongoing money in bank as already outlined in earlier post. 

In addition you require compulsory 400/40k insurance. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spooky1968 said:

Thanks buddies...but OMG, 5555

I need to transfer 300k in February, I must to renew on 27th April

Like OJAS says above, contact your embassy and ask them for direction tosolve this relatively easy problem you have... Like in my case swedish embassy knows the rules and what you need and what kind of income verification/confirmation...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spooky1968 said:

I need to transfer 300k in February

Another point worth bearing in mind, should this particular statement mean that you already have 500k deposited in a Thai bank account, is that you can use both this and your pension income to prove finances up to an aggregate total of 800k, under the "combo" method which is allowed for retirement extension applications. In this situation you would only require your regular monthly income to total the equivalent of 25k THB!

Edited by OJAS

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

Another point worth bearing in mind, should this particular statement mean that you already have 500k deposited in a Thai bank account, is that you can use both this and your pension income to prove finances up to an aggregate total of 800k, under the "combo" method which is allowed for retirement extension applications. In this situation you would only require your regular monthly income to total the equivalent of 25k THB!

I'm enough old to get retirement visa in Thailand but no to get retired income from my goverment.

I have just the 800k option to get an extension.

Thanks

Also make sure the account is in your name only.  

The easiest way, if you can afford it, is to leave the 800K in a separate account from the one you use to live off of.

You need 800K 2 months before your extension and 3 months after.  Then 400K the rest of the year.  Otherwise you will have problems with your next extension.

Edited by rwill

4 hours ago, Spooky1968 said:

I'm enough old to get retirement visa in Thailand but no to get retired income from my goverment.

Thanks

Spooky 

You must be getting money from somewhere.  If you are of a nationality that the Thai Immigration has not blocked for letters the best way is to go to your embassy and get a letter.  They will want proof that the money is there and is not just s pot deposit so your bank statements from your account should be printed out.

I have never been asked for medical coverage proof in 10 years and just renewed my extension in December.

best of luck

38 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I have never been asked for medical coverage proof in 10 years and just renewed my extension in December

All explained in thread. The OP obtained Non O-A in home country. Medical is part of that application.

Also OP explained that cannot obtain income letter from is embassy. He could re check that but I assume he did already try as is aware of income method. 

7 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

All explained in thread. The OP obtained Non O-A in home country. Medical is part of that application.

Also OP explained that cannot obtain income letter from is embassy. He could re check that but I assume he did already try as is aware of income method. 

Eyesight must be getting bad I missed those points sorry for trying to assist

I thought there was a change already in progress as far as the income verification.Didn't integrity Legal mention 65000 B would no longer be accepted as they were raising that too 85000.Could be wrong.Please let me know if you guys heard any updates about this.Thanks ???? 

27 minutes ago, newyorkcity1 said:

I thought there was a change already in progress as far as the income verification.Didn't integrity Legal mention 65000 B would no longer be accepted as they were raising that too 85000.Could be wrong.Please let me know if you guys heard any updates about this.Thanks ???? 

I have seen nothing about the income being raised to 85k baht from 65k baht. I think that was just speculation.

There certainly has not been anything official mentioning it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spooky1968 said:

Thanks

In that case, then, unless you can somehow make 300k THB magically appear out of thin air this month, the only option open to you are 60-day COVID extensions (assuming that you are not married to a Thai national).