Policy change to Non Imm O-A (Long stay) ‘retirement visa’ allows foreigners to self insure

27 minutes ago, USNret said:

Must these assets be in Thailand? Can they be overseas? Considering that many O-A applicants don’t yet have a Thai bank account, showing the assets in Thailand can be problematic when you visit a Thai embassy overseas. 

Overseas or Thailand it seems 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, USNret said:

Must these assets be in Thailand? Can they be overseas? Considering that many O-A applicants don’t yet have a Thai bank account, showing the assets in Thailand can be problematic when you visit a Thai embassy overseas. 

country of origin.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I thought they wanted foreigners to be insured and ergo why they made those of us on an OA visa and subsequent extension to have the required insurance....this will be interesting.

I think they don't care if we're insured, as long a they don't have to pay for us. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PeachCH said:

Still the easiest way and no financial obligations, except the agent fee????

Is this available to all without great expense or ineffective/poor financial planning?  How does this VISA exempt process work (I.e. Eliete VISA)?  How do you do it and is there references to gain guidance and proof if needed?  

13 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I think they don't care if we're insured, as long a they don't have to pay for us. 

Indeed that is the main point but with go fund stuff and people not being able to pay there will be resistance in letting insurance go. You read from time to time foreigners not being able to pay and I can see how that irks Thais and Thai hospitals. Its the fault of those guys skipping out on bills that we are in this mess.  (people might say its not but im sure it is) 

I think your spot on with your remark. 

• Like 2