THIRTEEN policemen sacked from RTP in January alone

webfact

39 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

President Xi's now 10 year purge on corruption divides perpetrators into flies and Tigers. Flies being low ranking public officers and Tigers being very high ranking public officers. Flies are usually executed and small number of Tigers have suffered the same fate, however most are spared the death penalty for giving up others and have long sentences ..... quite a difference here. 

And Xi has killed or imprisoned one million Muslims and tortured countless  other political  prisoners.  I don't think we can look up  to that communist  nutter to set an example here

We;; it is a tiny start, but there is likely a ton more that should be

fired, that Joe guy certainly would be one of them, and some obviously corrupt 

ones who own multiple buildings and several cars, should also be gone from the Royal Thai Police,

as  a corrupt person, in my opinion. should not be allowed to remain in the police force.

SACKED!!! Unheard of severity in punishment - what is wrong with the good old "transferred to an inactive post"?

And the PM goes on to show his concern and dismay in falling standards by asking them to enforce the law regarding zebra crossings! ????

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

There are reportedly about 230,000 policemen and police women in Thailand so 13 out of 230 its.. its.. ahh, you do the meth...

"ahh, you do the meth..."

Maybe that's why some of them got sacked? ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

Stole it out of my wallet. Two cops, one had my wallet and checking my passport while the other was talking to me about where I was going and where I was coming from. They returned my passport and wallet except it was 2k baht lighter. Why is is this so hard for you Thai apologists to believe? My motorbike taxi was the one who brought it to my attention and said the one police officer took money out of my wallet while the other was talking to me. There was 3k in the wallet, when I got it back there was 1k. Two cops 2k baht, they split it.

Be philosophical about it - lucky there wasn't 10K baht in your wallet - a few of my friends got "fined" 30K each recently for having a drink in a bar that shouldn't have been open! 

Stole it out of my wallet. Two cops, one had my wallet and checking my passport while the other was talking to me about where I was going and where I was coming from. They returned my passport and wallet except it was 2k baht lighter. Why is is this so hard for you Thai apologists to believe? My motorbike taxi was the one who brought it to my attention and said the one police officer took money out of my wallet while the other was talking to me. There was 3k in the wallet, when I got it back there was 1k. Two cops 2k baht, they split it.

Go easy on 'em - at least they split it with you three ways ???? 

..."Why is is this so hard for you Thai apologists to believe?"....Now you have explained it I could believe you.

21 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

'Until proper wage and salary  structures exist in the RTP corruption will always be a problem' 

You could quadruple their salary and it would make no difference. As with many other govt dep's, corruption is so entrenched that has become part of Thai culture and locals expect. 

You assert this with no real knowledge of what has happened in London, Singapore,  New York,  Bahrain and countless other countries, many corrupt where police forces have been reformed. Perhaps  you are an expert in criminology and human resources and employment practice but I suspect not. Police corruption rarely exists in isolation nor is it a binary  problem.  In Thailand  some police corruption makes life bearable here and stringent application  of every law would be untenable.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

I've long said that if Thailand didn't have a police force there would be a lot less crime.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sambum said:
3 hours ago, LiamB80 said:

Expand  

Be philosophical about it - lucky there wasn't 10K baht in your wallet - a few of my friends got "fined" 30K each recently for having a drink in a bar that shouldn't have been open! 

How can you compare the two. Your friends were breaking the law by doing what is legal in most other countries in the world but not in Thailand, while the other case involved out and out theft, plain and simple.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dougieboy said:

Me too. They wanted a lot more. I wish I had gone to Police Station but I was afraid of being set up so instead I paid up. 

Tried it on me a few times, I just don't carry cash, they have taken my car keys or passport and have me forceably restrained. I just wait them out. Not having to leave or work confused them.

Normally let me go within a few hours or at dawn when the shift changes.