Two young teenagers injured after “popping a wheelie” on their motorbike and colliding with a sedan in Pattaya

webfact

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps it's you out of touch.

From wikipedia

A sedan or saloon (British English) is a passenger car in a three-box configuration with separate compartments for engine, passenger, and cargo.

Yes but the model of the car is irrelevant and thus a distraction.  In journalism words should count.

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yes, many of us were, I had a helmet before the laws came in, and used to get pointed at by other riders, however I was a nurse and often working in A&E.

I knew a bloke, a 60's Mod, sat pillion on a Vespa, wearing a parka, as we all did, hands in parka pockets, his chum pulled away quick, he fell off the back, could not do anything about it cos his hands were in his pockets, sadly he died, head trauma....????

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Or haircut?

Both Sedan and Saloon just seem incredibly  old fashioned  terms to describe  cars. I can't imagine  people under 60 using such terms

Your imagination is

stunted.

bigly.

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

"Entertaining" how the English speakers nitpick about different terms of their (not my) language.

Now I am uncertain whether I should drive my saloon, or my sedan or maybe again take the limousine?

Depends on if it's an "English, English" speaker or an English speaker wiv a problem.....????

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Both Sedan and Saloon just seem incredibly  old fashioned  terms to describe  cars. I can't imagine  people under 60 using such terms

What do you call them then.

I own a saloon and an estate, near on 20 years before I'll see my 60th.

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

We call them 'cars'.

We rarely  say: "Where are my saloon keys?"

Or "Where did you park the saloon"?

Get real! Think! lol

Yeah I dont say" where are my saloon keys" because I know they are in the key depository in my study, thats where they go every time I get home.

On 2/2/2022 at 12:49 PM, Mr Meeseeks said:

What was the car doing on that side of the road?

I assume that you don’t drive over here.

In Thailand it’s  normal to drive on the left hand side of the road.

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

We call them 'cars'.

We rarely  say: "Where are my saloon keys?"

Or "Where did you park the saloon"?

Get real! Think! lol

Maybe if I had 2 of them, I always call my truck exactly that, probably use 'car' and 'truck' in that event

Off out in the hatchback now....

19 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe if I had 2 of them, I always call my truck exactly that, probably use 'car' and 'truck' in that event

Off out in the hatchback now....

Truck is an excellent  example where we do use the model type in everyday use. "Where's the truck"? Is natural English but "Where's the sedan?" Is quite plainly bonkers

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, transam said:

I never said popping, and this may help your Sedan thingy......????

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(automobile)

I too don't like Sedan transam but Saloon does sound a bit like a place to get a drink. Car is short for carriage and that is bleddy awful too.  Truck is the front part of a steam loco before the driving wheels.

Popping a wheelie , bah humbug !

• Haha 1