New "Test and Go" program only for Bangkok?

14 hours ago, treetops said:

It's a commercial site and offers Test and Go in several locations.  Probably just an old message that hasn't been updated as things have developed.

I used the company to get my TP.

I often look at the site.

It is a new message, appearing in the last 2-3 days.

It is misleading to say that they offer T&G.

They are just agents advertising for the hotels.

AFAIK the only thing they sell direct to customers is the TP application service.........which was very good.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, freedomnow said:

How would you transfer from BKK to Chiang Mai Test&Go hotel - is that possible now ...or just for the few inbound int. flights to CM ?

First night at the location where your inbound international flight arrived.

As far as I know currently only Bangkok and Phuket have direct flights from abroad currently? Not CM.

Exception are the "sealed routes" to Phuket and Ko Samui where you can change in Bangkok to a dedicated "quarantine style" flight by Bangkok Air and do first night in Phuket or Samui.

Just seen a flight from Singapore to CNX.

But don't know whether transit in Singapore is a practical route.

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Just some incorrect and confusing info on that commercial site.

You can do the first night in Bangkok to do the test and then travel to Chiang Mai anyway you your want to.

This site shows 144 hotels in CM. See: https://web.thailandsha.com/shaextraplus

image.png.106cc8e40028d17aa5e251f9ede1e6c9.png

Be careful I wanted to do the 2nd Test (5th-Day) in Udon. The list shows 5 hotels, if you ask them, they are SHA Extra Plus, but don't offer Test&Go!

6 minutes ago, ThaiAl said:

Be careful I wanted to do the 2nd Test (5th-Day) in Udon. The list shows 5 hotels, if you ask them, they are SHA Extra Plus, but don't offer Test&Go!

I tried to do Udon for second test as well.  Didn't get warm and fuzzy from interactions so scraped that plan for 5 days in wonderous Bangkok and be done with it.

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

First night at the location where your inbound international flight arrived.

As far as I know currently only Bangkok and Phuket have direct flights from abroad currently? Not CM.

Exception are the "sealed routes" to Phuket and Ko Samui where you can change in Bangkok to a dedicated "quarantine style" flight by Bangkok Air and do first night in Phuket or Samui.

OK, was just seeing that hotels were offering it I thought CM flights had suddenly expanded...

So 1st night BKK and 5th in CM I guess is do-able...pick up covid on the transit transport ????

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 5.18.44 PM.jpg

Edited by freedomnow
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I think you have to stay in departure country an minimum number of days 14 or 20 or something like that pre-departure..it's all too confusing...like computer programmer deep logic steps.

1 minute ago, freedomnow said:

I think you have to stay in departure country an minimum number of days 14 or 20 or something like that pre-departure..it's all too confusing...like computer programmer deep logic steps.

That was before when there were 63 countries in the approved list (green countries) for Test & Go (and Sandbox I think).

Now both Sandbox and Test & Go (and come back and test and go again) are open to those coming from any country, so, there is no minimum of 20 days stay in any of the ‘green countries’ as there was before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So sorry we missed this.

We have since updated the copy.

image.thumb.png.9151c68e9f4748be8b4272102b269fe6.png

The old copy was due to the constant changes while they were trying to finalize the Test & Go program last month.

Test & Go can be used in ALL provinces (but Bangkok Sandbox is indeed closed at the moment) .

On 2/2/2022 at 11:26 PM, treetops said:

It's a commercial site and offers Test and Go in several locations.  Probably just an old message that hasn't been updated as things have developed.

This is correct it was an outdated notice.

This was while things were changing daily.