Covid Extension for Tourist Visa Entry to Thailand, changed to Non-Immi ED?

Hello,

I came to Thailand on a Tourist visa on January 26th 2020. I extended this entry by 30 days up until April 24th. Then the Covid Amnesty hit and I was granted stay until September 26th 2020. After that I held a non-immigrant ED visa from September 25 2020 until January 19 2021. I was on Covid extensions since January 19th 2021. My last extension will run out on March 14th 2022. My question is: Will I be able to extend another 60 days for reasons of Covid, or not. I came to Thailand using a tourist visa, but the last visa I held was a Non-Immigrant ED. I just need to know, thank you.

Kind Regards,

AusDieMaus

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

You entered on tourist visa.

It appears that you will still be eligible for covid extension.

Is there a link to the exact wording of the recent announcement for the new covid extension? I really want to make sure that I will get it. But thank you for the reply.

20 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

Is there a link to the exact wording of the recent announcement for the new covid extension? I really want to make sure that I will get it. But thank you for the reply.

There a copy in Thai in this topic.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1247879-sixty-day-covid-19-extensions-order-extended-to-march-26/

5 hours ago, AusDieMaus said:

So whats your assessment @Ubonjoe ? Will I get another extension?

It will depend upon the office where you apply. Some may have a different understanding of the order and not do it while others will issue the extension since your original entry was on a tourist visa or visa exempt.

So

On 2/4/2022 at 7:58 AM, ubonjoe said:

It will depend upon the office where you apply. Some may have a different understanding of the order and not do it while others will issue the extension since your original entry was on a tourist visa or visa exempt.

Thank you very much the assessment. If you hear from anyone with the same issue being able to extend at a certain immigration office I would really appreciate if you could let me know. Congrats on your 100000 posts by the way ????

On 2/6/2022 at 7:25 AM, AusDieMaus said:

So

Thank you very much the assessment. If you hear from anyone with the same issue being able to extend at a certain immigration office I would really appreciate if you could let me know. Congrats on your 100000 posts by the way ????

I am in the same situation as you, I have basically heard some agents say they can do it, some say they cant, so im really not sure i still have quite a bit of time left before I attempt to make another extension, but I think it can be possible with the correct agent

22 hours ago, maxel123 said:

I am in the same situation as you, I have basically heard some agents say they can do it, some say they cant, so im really not sure i still have quite a bit of time left before I attempt to make another extension, but I think it can be possible with the correct agent

When does your visa expire? Mine expires March 14th. I asked Thai Visa Centre and they told me it is not possible. 

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

Once and again - the impatient always lose. If they had not bought that dodgy ED/Volunteer visas in September 2020, they would've saved a lot of money and could've got covid extensions until March 2022 at least.

But if they'd bout that dodgy ED/Volunteer visa in September 2021 they'd have another few months of security while the rest of us fret about what we're going to do for the next few months ????‍♂️

On 2/8/2022 at 4:13 PM, JoseThailand said:

Once and again - the impatient always lose. If they had not bought that dodgy ED/Volunteer visas in September 2020, they would've saved a lot of money and could've got covid extensions until March 2022 at least.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it.

I seem to recall this extension was issues on or even the day after the previous one expired. For those wishing to return to Thailand in the future, and dreading heading back to the West to an inevitable covid ravaged winter, waiting it out was simply too risky an option for the sake of saving a few dollars.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat OP. I'd love to see a concrete answer one way or the other. What I've been reading of late is that having been on any form of Non-O visa since being in the country, the existing covid extension is based on that Non-O (not on the tourist visa with which we arrived) and therefore we won't get a further extension.

Based on that, i'm making plans to leave unless I hear otherwise.

• Like 2

I just received a message from one of the biggest Thai Visa agencies: "you applied for student visa during your stay sir. cannot apply for covid extension anymore. This is new immigration rules". Seems there is no choice but to leave the country. Anyone has had an experience with immigration with this issue so far?

19 minutes ago, AusDieMaus said:

I just received a message from one of the biggest Thai Visa agencies: "you applied for student visa during your stay sir. cannot apply for covid extension anymore. This is new immigration rules". Seems there is no choice but to leave the country. Anyone has had an experience with immigration with this issue so far?

May I ask where that agent is based? As @ubonjoesaid, different offices will interpret it differently like usual.

On 2/8/2022 at 3:54 PM, AusDieMaus said:

When does your visa expire? Mine expires March 14th. I asked Thai Visa Centre and they told me it is not possible. 

They were telling someone else they could do it but it was for a lot more than what they usually charge, I guess things changed.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, Ohyesuare said:

May I ask where that agent is based? As @ubonjoesaid, different offices will interpret it differently like usual.

They were telling someone else they could do it but it was for a lot more than what they usually charge, I guess things changed.

The visa agent is based in Bangkok. Does anyone have more info on this? Anyone extended successfully so far with the same setup?

Edited by AusDieMaus
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 2:39 PM, AusDieMaus said:

Hi guys, this is my first post here.

Being in a similar position as OP (entered on a tourist visa, got a volunteer visa then got one covid extension), I am getting the same statement from my regular agent and all the ones I have tried to contact (Pattaya/Jomtien).

On 2/9/2022 at 10:30 PM, whizzergo said:

I'm in the same boat OP. I'd love to see a concrete answer one way or the other. What I've been reading of late is that having been on any form of Non-O visa since being in the country, the existing covid extension is based on that Non-O (not on the tourist visa with which we arrived) and therefore we won't get a further extension.

Based on that, i'm making plans to leave unless I hear otherwise.

With my (one and only) covid extension expiring on the 1st of March, I also made plans to leave the country.

It just feels weird that nobody's upped that topic or could help by giving a clear answer on the matter; I am guessing that we are more than a handful of people in the same situation, so I am still hoping for a providential comment or post as I always found one without even having ever needed to register in ten years on this informative forum.

Did anyone get another covid extension ? In that case through which immigration/agency ? Or can anyone confirm that the assessment shared here by  @ubonjoe does not indeed cover foreigners who entered on a tourist visa if they had a non-o afterwards ?

Edited by Nikohn
Typo

4 hours ago, Dart12 said:

There is an agency doing 60 covid extensions in the Boukhau near treetown for 7k ish if you have no previous issues like an overstay.  only do 30 day if overstay.

It is next to clinic.  Talk to Augusta, she should be able to help.

Thanks mate, but I got there the same answer I got everywhere else : "Too uncertain, one day they would agree to issue the extension but not the next." The agents I talked with seem about as clueless as I am regarding how immigration considers this particular situation, which sadly feels more and more like a blurred impasse to me.

Edited by Nikohn