What is the advantage of an expensive smart phone?

OneMoreFarang

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

There are many other thing better than my wife's 8k phone.

Can you elaborate?

Are there features on your expensive phone which the 8k phone does not have at all?

I.e. I don't mean a better camera because I am sure the 8k phone also has a camera. Or anything else with is just better.

Thanks

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Can you elaborate?

Are there features on your expensive phone which the 8k phone does not have at all?

I.e. I don't mean a better camera because I am sure the 8k phone also has a camera. Or anything else with is just better.

Thanks

I guess most things are better, faster, clearer, and smaller.

It fits nicely in my pocket and easy to hold in my hand when running, I don't have to open it to change songs for example. 

Good for sitting on my car dash so I can look at maps.

Good when using Skype and line video calls.

Her battery is better but.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I found that the more expensive ones stay usefull longer. Got an s10 still for a few years now. Normally keep them 2 to 3 years. I like it when they are water proof (usually the more expensive ones).

Helps when caught in the rain, make me have to replace it less often. Usually 3 years for 25-30k phone.

But its all about how much your willing to spend.

• Like 1

The most expensive phone I purchased was a Samsung something for about 4000 baht (new) last year.

It was purely to be used overseas as a ‘Track & Trace’ phone in the middle east which potentially gave some track and trace apps access to more data than I was comfortable with.

I tried to use the phone as a regular phone but it was so slow it was hideous to use. So, while it was extremely cheap, I hardly used it.

Meanwhile I have an iPhone which I use for a lot of things daily - from online Banking, to music, to messaging apps and of course taking decent photos... the Face ID is excellent.

The phone is just reliable, never hangs, is very fast and is set up just the way I want it. 

Would a cheaper version be worth it... Of course - the iPhone X took the biggest tech leap...  They can be purchased for 7-10,000 baht (second hand) - thats what I’d get if I wanted a cheaper phone. 

Just now, KannikaP said:

My Huawei Y9 2018 is still working perfectly, partly because I DO NOT get it out when it is raining. Bht 7000 !

I just at times get caught out in the rain on the motorbike.  Cant be helped its not as if I do it on purpose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

I just at times get caught out in the rain on the motorbike.  Cant be helped its not as if I do it on purpose.

Get a car!   Or keep it in your pocket when it does rain......which seems to be very rarely these months.   LOL

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1